• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2020 export as error: An Unknown error occurred

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I press Shift+Ctrl+W to export my file it shows "An Unknown error occurred" in preview section and it is not file specific it is occurring since yesterday night I  using Windows 10 Pro and Photoshop version 21.0.2.57

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 22.1.1 which includes the fix for Export As error: An unknown error

Here's the list of all fixed issue: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the experience due to the error while trying to use Export As. 

Please update Photoshop to the latest version (21.1.1) through the Creative Cloud desktop app and check if the issue persists. You can also try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Please backup your preferences prior to resetting them. You can check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

Regards,

Nikunj 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same issue. I am using the latest Photoshop (21.2.3), I did resetting the prefernces and the issue is still there. I even examined the artboards with this issue and there is nothing weird about them. Basicaly this is one psd file formatted to multiple versions. So the layers are the same. Yet some of tem are causing this issue and it realy complicate my work.

Do you have any other solution apart from the obvious one you did mention in the post above? 

Thank youexport_error.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Did you manage to solve ?? I'm having the same problem :// 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I did not. I have a stupid workaround, quickexporting as png and then saving each single image according to technical specification. Very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm also having the same error! As per a couple of days ago. If anyone has a solution I'd love to hear about it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again, 

after several weeks of working and testing, I believe I've found a solution. The trick is never to turn off any of the artboards in Layers before export. You than have to go one by one and check the ones you want to export. If you dont turn off any artboards before exporting, this error does not occur. 

Hope this helps, since Adobe doesn't care at all :]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the heads up. Will try that now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I was using old files that didn't have any artboards. I created a new artboard, and Export suddenly works again. Appreciate the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're on Windows like me, I find it helps to go into your task manager and close all Photoshop processes. Then start Ps again and try the export.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks alot @max5C38, it did work on me. I thought I'm gonna lose the edits cause either I can't save it, LOL. But thanks to your help, I appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I have Photoshop 22.10 on Mac OS 11.01 and I am having the same error where i can no longer export files and also recieve program errors while using the  spot healing brush. I have already tried updating uninstalling and reinstalling, clearing prefrences and even went as far as restoring my computer back to factory seettings and reinsatlling and I am still have the same issue what can i do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I have the same problem with my version of photoshop (22.1.0), I have the problem when I want resize in export as. I can't resize now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither upgrading nor resetting preferences worked. I'm still getting 'An unknow error has occurred' when using Export As.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE NEEDS TO ADDRESS THIS!!!  It makes the program totally useless.  I was designing and exporting just fine until it stopped suddenly working and now I have useless psd files that get me know where with my work.  Have tried all community suggestions: 1) checked preferences; 2) didn't hid any layers; 3) updated software; 4) uninstalled and reinstalled; 5) merged all layers into one.  Nothing is working.  Please Adobe fix your flagship product!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I just had a new update happen yesterday. It was fine earlier today and working but then just now it stopped working and I get the error message. I too would love to get a solution on this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue. Just updated to Photoshop 2021, and now I cannot export anything without this error message. Photohshop really cannot be used to its full potential with this problem, as I can't export my work as PDFs now - which is what I needed it to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Randomly ( and quite happily ) the issue seems to have resolved itself as I
haven't had it since . I still don't know what would have caused it though.

Best Regards,

Alyson Holder

www.alysonholder.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Turns out that exporting is kind of a essential basic function, huh? It's finals week, so thanks for the heart attack, adobe.

I'm using "save for web" as a workaround for .JPGs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same! I was using this feature a few hours ago and now I get an error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay found a solution after scratching my head as to why it wouldn't export. Simply go back to the previous version, this new update is unstable. As soon as I went back, everything worked fine and could export large files with ease and no more error. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going back to the older version was what did it for me—thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still dealing with this , I've tried all the recommendations but they didn't work. What's working ( for the moment anyway) is flattening the image and exporting it that way. I don't have any idea if it's going to continue to work through. This problem is popping up with some files but not others. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this works for me: 

Go to Edit>Preferences>Performance and uncheck the graphic processor option from there and relaunch the application. This will fix the problem with the healing brush as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This workaround doesn't work consistently for me – one day it does, the next it doesn't. As well as toggling Use Graphics Processor off, I've also tried toggling all settings in the Advance Settings dialogue box and nothing works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines