• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2023 - missing settings (preferences) on M1 MacBook Pro - Ventura

Contributor ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not seeing this reported anywhere else so maybe a one off problem. Not that I go in to Photoshop Preferences often (referred to as Settings now in Ventura) but they are completely MISSING now, screenshot attached. 

Would like to confirm with other M1 Macs running Ventura and Photoshop 2023 that they do or don't have this issue. I can't say when it started, I just noticed today when going in to settings on version 24.0.0 that they were missing, restarting the app, restarting the Mac did not bring them back. I ran the update to version 24.0.1 of Photoshop and problem still there. 

Thanks

Screenshot 2022-11-30 at 2.26.47 PM.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

It's a known issue with Ventura. The team is working with Apple to address:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/preferences-menu-is-blank-on-macos/idc-p/13384517#M69852

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor , Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Oh really? This is what I see on my M1 MacBook Pro running Ventura...ahh but I'm running 13.2(a) Ventura beta so maybe it was the combo of an Apple and Adobe fix. I was on 13.1 beta at the time of seeing the problem. I thought I updated Photshop and saw it fixed BEFORE I installed 13.2 but very likely I was on 13.2 and then did the 24.1.0 Photoshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh and forgot to add, I even turned on Rosetta as a test and that didn't fix it either. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MIGHT have just figured out the issue. I'm running Ventura 13.1 beta on this particular Mac so this may still be a bug to address ahead of 13.1 wide release. Apps need to have an update that changes Preferences to Settings in app code. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a known issue with Ventura. The team is working with Apple to address:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/preferences-menu-is-blank-on-macos/idc-p/133...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacBook Pro 16" M1, last released version of Photoshop macOS 13.0.1: I see Preferences listed and items. But occasionally, I'm launching Photoshop, and there are NO palettes or toolbar seen; clicking the Tab key makes no difference. If I go into Window>Workspace and pick another,  everything reappears, and I can toggle back to my saved workspace. 

What's so odd is that Settings is shown with a blank dialog of items when it should say "Preferences."

Preferences not SettingsPreferences not Settings

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin, I searched the community first and didn't come across the previous thread but probably because it was referring to it as a Preferenes problem in subject vs. Settings so must have been why it didn't come up for me.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @TheDigitalDog brace yourself. With 13.1 "Preferenes" will be called "Settings" across all apps. Nearly 40 years of precident change with a snap of a finger!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With 13.1 "Preferenes" will be called "Settings" across all apps

Who's applications? 

I'm on macOS 13.0.1. I see Preferences and the menu items.

IF you're using a beta of  macOS 13.1 and Apple has 'altered' Adobe's menu to Settings, and it is blank, well that's an issue working with a beta OS and a released application that isn't built for it. Is that the case here? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let it be know this has been fixed in current version of Photoshop, 24.1.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not seen this on my Ventura M1 machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh really? This is what I see on my M1 MacBook Pro running Ventura...ahh but I'm running 13.2(a) Ventura beta so maybe it was the combo of an Apple and Adobe fix. I was on 13.1 beta at the time of seeing the problem. I thought I updated Photshop and saw it fixed BEFORE I installed 13.2 but very likely I was on 13.2 and then did the 24.1.0 Photoshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe confirmed this is fixed with the Mac OS Ventura 13.2 update, not Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh great Kevin, thanks for confirming! Hopefully it will role out soon, still some silly bugs from first version of Ventura but getting there!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not fixed for me! In fact this has only just happened to me on updating to Ventura 13.2!

I have backups of setting etc. How do I copy them back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Photoshop are you running @richardjallan 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, can you get to the pref... erm settings, if you do a CMD+K?

Did you try to restore your preferences to the default using this manual method:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually it lets you keep a copy on the desktop that you can use to revert the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Richard, I think I'm following what you are saying occured, happened to me too but different than the original post which was about Settings not showing up in the drop down menu. However, I too somehow lost my preferences file during one of the Photoshop updates. Like you I had a backup of the file so I was able to drop it back where it goes and all my preferences for tool settings and keyboard shortcuts were restored.

Its in the Preferences folder in your User Name library, the one you access by holding down Option and click the Go window in Finder and select Library in the list. Once in your library navigate to:

/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop 2023 Settings

Drop them in there and launch Photoshop and you should be good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm using the current version of Photoshop, whatever that is. Not at my computer right now. I have managed to copy everything back from my backup now so it's all back to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines