• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2024 [v25.1] - Color Sliders don't work [Color picker issue -merged]

Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Color Sliders in my new Photoshop 2024 don't work at all - they don't change when i pick a color from the Spectrum or when i change Foreground/Bacground color with X key.

I reset Preferences, reinstaled PS and nothing works. Any ideas?

Photoshop 25.1.0, Windows 10.

Solar99_0-1698315989519.pngSolar99_1-1698316003967.pngSolar99_2-1698316021706.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 246 Replies 246
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2023 Oct 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rolled back to 25.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. It's a bug. They said they are working on it, so I guess we have to wait until it is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see there are many with this issue. What colour management profiles do you use. Also are you using software to manipulate your monitors colour like "night light" affecting the blues. The shape of the gamut of the colour profile is the most likeley. Also would be good to know if you are working in 8, 16 or 32 bits. (Not sure how well that would work in 32 bit since it has to do with display of your monitor) 
Is the missmatch in HSB mode only or do you et similar results if you switch to other formats of colour picker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2023-10-29 at 16.09.57.png

Ok this is extreeme but it shows the disconnect. According to the sliders it should be a red hue but even selecting green does not adjust slider values

Screenshot 2023-10-29 at 16.09.14.png

Looked some more and it seems that the colour wheel is disconnected from the sliders. Compare the hue cube hue  value (29) with the sliders (9)

If you enter colour wheel the sliders and wheel are in sync. Updating sliders or the wheel will set the colour. But they are disconnected. Updating the wheel will not affect slider sliders will not affect the wheel.

Seems only workaround is to change mode of the colour panel AFTER selecting colour to sync the GUI of the Color Panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx for helping me get my color picker functional ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EvolveGames_0-1698607792663.png

.. or just uninstall, keep settings, and "Install Other versions" : 25.0
.. then ignore all Update notifications until Adobe confirms this is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I will uninstall this latest update, it is impacting my painting too much ugh. Please fix this asap photoshop!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstalled and reinstalled version 25.0 as suggested and it's such a relief to use the color wheel again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue! fix needed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh thank god, I thought I was crazy. I am just gonna roll back for now. Hopefully they will fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh! This has been driving me crazy!! Tricky to paint! Hope this bug is fixed soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone.

I'm having an issue with the color picker

It works correctly and picks the intended color but said color it isn't shown in the main color panel.

EXAMPLE: I use my mouse on the color panel to choose some type of red.

Later i if i want to colorpick a different color with the colorpicker it works only with my brush                      but the main color panel still shows the first red that i chose with my mouse, not changing.

if anybody knows what could cause this can save my life thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ged thank you for you answer.

Is there a way to fix it?

I really need that feature for my commissions in illustrations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2023 Nov 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tengo un problema desde hace días, probablemente desde la última actualización del programa, y es que la rueda de colores no se actualiza. Es decir, cuando uso el gotero para seleccionar un color para usar, los colores en la rueda no se mueven, en caso de que quiera cambiar la saturación o el brillo. El gotero selecciona el color, pero en la rueda no se mueve ninguno de los punteros. No sé cómo solucionar el problema y es frustrante, porque me retrasa mucho, ya que la única solución que he encontrado hasta ahora es reiniciar el programa, es entonces cuando, al haberse quedado el color que seleccioné guardado, me sale la barra de saturación y brillo actualizada. Pero cuando necesito agarrar otro color, vuelvo al mismo dilema. ¿Alguien sabe qué podría estar ocasionando esto? Perdonen si no me expliqué bien, hice lo mejor que pude.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2023 Nov 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BeyondLoveFiction 

Several Adobe applications have a color wheel. Can you tell us which one you are using?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Using the Community forums to Photoshop.]

============

Try restoring preferences.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#restore_preferences

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BeyondLoveFiction 

Hi 

Your post got moved to Photoshop before you told us which application you are using. Just in case, here are a few other possibilities for Adobe apps with Color Wheels. Please confirm that you are using Photoshop or we can move it again for you.

Adobe Color:

janee_0-1699827547307.png

Adobe Illustrator:

janee_1-1699827659984.png

Adobe Photoshop Elements

janee_2-1699827868113.png

If you are using Photoshop (you didn't say), see this thread with 125 replies to see if your issue is the same as this known bug:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/photoshop-2024-v25-1-color-sliders-don-t-wor...

If it is, then resetting Preferences will not help. 

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, yes, I forgot to clarify that. Yes, it is Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jane, 

Did you look at the attached screenshot in Post #1?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing it now. I'm also reading the link you left. Thanks, I think I now know how to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Olvidé mencionar que es Photoshop el programa que uso.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buenas. Tengo un problema con el cubo de color, el cuentagotas me copia los colores pero no se modifica en el cubo de color, es decir picó en los colores pero no se reflejan en el cubo. No se si me explico...

16998700552505387630681916048528.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Irene29324713y5qp if you're using Photoshop version 25.1, it's a known bug

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/photoshop-2024-color-sliders-don-t-work/idc-...

You can revert back to version 25.0 until Adobe address the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines