• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 23.5.1 REMOVE Share button on Options Bar

Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the life of me I cannot get rid of the Share button on the Options bar - it is covering up options when you go into various tools.

Screen Shot 2022-09-28 at 1.08.39 PM.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

I do have a suggestion that should let you keep your present setup of resolution, photoshop workspace, etc and that is to go to Photoshop>Preferences>Workspace and check Enable Narrow Options Bar then restart photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't make it disappear. But it shouldn't overlap. 

If you disable GPU in preferences, any difference?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't do it, and not really a permanent solution as it disables other features that are heavily used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah the color isn't the problem. It's overlapping tool options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preferences > Interface > Neutral Color Mode to adjust the Share button's color.

The issue, if I'm understanding, the OP isn't the color. The issue is it is blocking other UI elements, which it shouldn't do. 

If you alter the display resolution, does this fix the issue? 

You might also need to reset your preferences:

Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings. You can also reset preferences upon a quit if Photoshop is running by going into General Preferences>General>Reset on Quit.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like a UI bug and there's more overlapping than just the share button. If you dock the Options bar, then you won't have this problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use the application frame, so I can't dock it. I did turn the application frame back on and docked, turned it off and doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@salmak74909712 The Option bar can still be docked without the application frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe Adobe could just fix the problem 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe Adobe could just fix the problem 😉
By @salmak74909712

First, I can't replicate this 'problem', and 2nd, did you try the suggestions provided, or, you're 100% sure it is a bug (that doesn't affect others)? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean cannot replicate the problem ? Did you try it on high res screens e.g 4K with windows 11 for example. I have the same problem on different computers and it drives me/us made. Please debug it 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot try every single option people have suggested like changing the monitor resolution, but have tried most of them. Others at my company have the same problem both on remote and in-office work stations. Resetting to factory default doesn't change because it seems like it is because the Options bar shrinks when it is undocked and doesn't have enough room for all the options in certain tools, vs the bar being long enough when it is docked.

I work with my options bar at the bottom of my screen or put it on a separate screen to be outside my image area when I am doing detailed work. It is better for my workflow to just work-around the tools that are hidden for now (like access shape dynamics in the brush setting pallette) than dock it up top and change a larger flow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot try every single option people have suggested like changing the monitor resolution, but have tried most of them.
By @salmak74909712

Then you'll have to find help elsewhere. All we volunteers here can do is make suggestions for you to try to fix the issue that affects you but not many others. 

Good luck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-09-29 at 12.09.26 PM.png

It's not on every tool, because most tools don't have that many options. The Healing tools specifically is a problem. Docked Healing tool, Undocked Healing tool. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I was unaware Adobe did not pay attention to these boards- where do you post a message regarding bugs to Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@salmak74909712 wrote:

OK I was unaware Adobe did not pay attention to these boards- where do you post a message regarding bugs to Adobe?

Adobe merged the Feedback forum with the user-to-user forum over a year ago, and they do read these forums.

We can move posts from Discussions to Bugs or Ideas, but because your thread is so long and more information has come out as the thread progressed, it might be best for you to create a new post that includes all of the details. Tag it as a Bug instead of Discussion.

06EB07CA-7844-4271-82C8-AC02C0B03CF9.jpeg

The Photoshop team was the first to merge their feedback and user forums. Most of the other teams still maintain separate forums.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tag a new post as a bug (if it's a bug) and as importantly in a way the team can investigate it:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/how-do-i-write-a-bug-report/idi-p/12373403

Problem Description: 

Steps to Reproduce: 

Actual Result: 

Expected Result: 

Any Workarounds: 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From Adobe (community forums):

"Currently, the community on community.adobe.com is used as a destination for customers to ask questions and engage in peer-to-peer conversations. IOW, this is a user to user support forum. The Adobe Support Community is a place to ask questions, find answers, learn from experts, and share your knowledge. Because we are a community used by people of all ages, cultures, and people at work, we carefully moderate its content". 

If you have problems or need answers from other users who volunteer their time to help, do so in a discussion topic and message body, whereby you post specifics (what's the problem or issue, or the question) and provide some information about your operating system, version of the software you're asking about and steps to illustrate your problem.  

If you want Adobe to be viewing what you post, there are two ways based on what you are hoping to report:

If you wish to report what you believe is a bug, you so by following these guidelines:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/how-do-i-write-a-bug-report/idc-p/12932310#M...

If you wish to provide a feature request, you do so by following these guidelines (then make a request in the product forum):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/how-do-i-write-a-feature-request/idi-p/123863...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on those instructions, I did post this as a bug, not in the discussions board 😉

Screen Shot 2022-09-29 at 12.27.11 PM.png

I'll add I am on Mac Pro 2019 3.5 GHz 8-Core with 96GB ram on Monterey 12.5.1

PS version 23.5.1 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the life of me I cannot get rid of the Share button on the Options bar - it is covering up options when you go into various tools.

Screen Shot 2022-09-28 at 1.08.39 PM.png

 It's not on every tool, because most tools don't have that many options. The Healing tools specifically is a problem. Docked Healing tool, Undocked Healing tool. 

By @salmak74909712

Your problem is easy to fix and isn't a bug!

It's your display resolution and the FACT you have some tools that don't provide enough space to SEE all the options, as shown below. 

Share button, Perceptual dropdown etc all crammed together because I've selected a tool that has MANY options, and the display is too small (low rez) to fit them

ResTooLow.jpg

Now back to a far better display resolution and nothing else (issue gone):

HigherRes.jpg

Nothing else done but setting a fix that you apparently refuse to try. 

NOT a bug! User (settings) error. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dude I own a company of professional retouchers, we use calibrated Eizos - I can't change the (pretty high res) monitor resolution. 

*facepalm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dude I own a company of professional retouchers, we use calibrated Eizos - I can't change the (pretty high res) monitor resolution. 

*facepalm

By @salmak74909712

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" -H. L. Mencken

https://www.eizoglobal.com/support/compatibility/monitor/osdisplaysetting/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-09-29 at 2.00.23 PM.png

Default (and highest) resolution for display is 1920 x 1200.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's too bad; so much money was spent on an Eizo and only able to set the max at 1920X1200. 😢

Meanwhile, on my SpectraView (which can be driven to 2560x1440), when set LOWER (1920x1080), NO SUCH ISSUE:

1920x1080.jpg

You may need help with configuring your displays instead of assuming this is a bug. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

We don't see this in your screen capture for some odd reason:

Show ALL resolutionsShow ALL resolutions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have a suggestion that should let you keep your present setup of resolution, photoshop workspace, etc and that is to go to Photoshop>Preferences>Workspace and check Enable Narrow Options Bar then restart photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines