• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop & Wacom under Ventura - Question

Engaged ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wondering if anyone is using Photoshop under Apple Ventura yet and if so, are there any serious issues? Secondly, is anyone using a Wacom Cintiq (or Intuos - same driver set) under Ventura? If so, same question as above.

Thanks very much.

Apple Studio (M1 Max), 1 TB SSD, 32 GB RAM, Wacom Cintiq 24 Pro
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for these. I'll check them out. Appreciate your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue with Ventura and PS 2023 is that with my Epson printer, the printer settings don't get saved. It keeps reverting to previous setting. I'm guessing that I upgraded the Mac OS and PS 2023 too soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forum legend Noel Carboni had this advice about upgrading for those who have that option:

"Conscientious folks who need critical things to keep working don't just change out a working OS and complain to application makers that their having done so breaks their applications. They test, they research. THEN they migrate when it's safe to do so."

And that would go for Photoshop, although you can keep the previous version if you uncheck "remove older versions" when upgrading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gene, we should tag @Noel Carboni to let him know we still think about him on the forum.  Have a great Chrismas buddy, and you too Noel if you see the tag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I worked for Apple Retail, IS&T would upgrade all store machines remotely on day one of a new release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My cintiq has quit functioning

. I can't even use the scoll on my mouse if the document is resting on that screen. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a Wacom Intuos Pro tablet. Since I updated my OS to Ventura, it is impossible to make the tablet work. I tried everything, nothing works. If anybody has a solution, please let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wacom released a new driver that supports Ventura, with a couple of caveats.

https://support.wacom.com/hc/en-us/articles/9753655984663-Is-there-a-driver-for-macOS-13-Ventura-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks leighr. I saw that last night. It's in and working. I have 'bailed' on the Wacom Desktop Center though. It keeps telling me that there's a firmware update (which I've installed 3 times now but it doesn't seem to understand that), and still isn't showing me there's a new driver set. So I just turned that off, but yes, the Cintiq is working fine now. Appreciate the head's up on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here. Wacom doesn't work. Brushes don't work. Take me back to Monterey! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop with Ventura, so far. 

No spaces in type tool, just one long run-on sentance. Annoying.

'Hand tool' will override functions in Photoshop if you are working in Safari at the same time. Have to restart system to free up Photoshop.

I don't recommend upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your input here. Actually, I did upgrade last month and have not experienced any issues at all with Photoshop, including the ones you've mentioned. I do have an issue with the Wacom Desktop Centre but I had those with Catalina as well. Unfortunately Wacom hasn't been very helpful in that regard so I simply don't use the desktop centre now. Otherwise though, the Cintiq is working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No issues here on an M1 mini.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the OP has made the move and reports no problems. I stumbled on this discussion whilst troubleshooting an old Wacom Intuous PTK-440. I wound up using the $10 app from the App Store "Connect My Tablet"

FANTASTIC!

Its one of the weirdest installs I've had the pleasure of taking 20 minutes to install. But so worth it. Basically the App tells you based on your wacom tablet and OS, which driver to install, then it goes through and tells you what system settings you need, even as detailed as saying "leave the pen on the tablet" while installing this next bit... I'm a bit on the crunchy side of the environmentalist spectrum, so the idea of not pitching more plastic into the oceans is cool by me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines