• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2015 is so slow it is unusable on my system

Contributor ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what is wrong here but this version of PS its horribly slow.

Here is a video i just captured about this issue:

http://cl.ly/2W0P381A1G1y/60fps-PSCC2015-slow.mp4

There is not difference with GPU enabled, there is no difference if I have or not rules enabled. I never experienced something like with with CC 2014.

MacPro with 12 cores and 64GB RAM

Its there something I could do to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 03, 2016 Feb 03, 2016

We have a suggestion we'd like affected people to try out.

If you have slow menus or laggy commands, can you try turning OFF font preview (Type>Font Preview Size = None)?

(If it was already off, and you still have slow menus or laggy commands, we'd like to know that as well.)

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 378 Replies 378

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off/hide the rulers, then try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I appreciate the quick response, it makes no difference.

I already tried with rules off and rules on, sure, with rules off it makes the scrolling and dragging smoother, but it wont fix the overall lag Im experiencing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 04, 2016 Jul 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Chris, I first tried turning off the font previews which seemed better but actually it did nothing, especially when I move around a photo at 1:1 holding spacebar it was sticking and sluggish and horrible to use.

Turning off Rulers actually did the trick. Hope there is a fix for this soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, in stead off it just being an Illustrator problem. It's now a problem in Ps, Ai & Id. When will this software hell end?!?!?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problems, been running fine all day and now all of a sudden this, right in the middle of crazy deadlines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same crap here. LAG.. It's 2015, cars and Photoshop SHOULD be flying for Pete's sake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello im from 2017 - still no different than 2015.

Sorry to disappoint

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

how does cc 2014 run ?

is it slow too?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now running on 2017.1.1 and recently upgraded my graphics card to a GeForce GTX1060 and Photoshop seems to be running quite smooth for the first time a long time. MacOS Sierra 10.12.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2016 Apr 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not alone. On press deadline for two directories today and also fell back onto InDesign CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here on PC and slow with 24 Cores, 96GB RAM on Nvidia Quardo 6000 with RAID 0 array for scratch disk.

Photoshop CC 2014 runs acceptably fast but Photoshop CC 2015 - Sloooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

I use the rulers so left them turned on just like I did in PS CC 2014.  Is disabling rulers a new feature in 2015 that's designed to kill the app?

Looking at resources, with plenty of free memory available, it appears PS CC 2015 doesn't seem to want to use memory but is instead sending a lot of R/W action to disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New isn't always the best...rulers shouldn't be a deal breaker in CC.

Also what's the point in having RAM if PS relies to much on R/W action, that seems backward to me.....I'm not upgrading for now as I need a system that is stable for professional work. I have commissions to finish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. SLOOOOOOOOOW. Macbook Pro Retina Late 2012 with 8GB ram 650M graphics. spinning disk, lag, delay, saving is slow. 90GB free on SSD internal and its a pain to work on even low res files. 2014 didn't have any problems like this. And also the export as  replacing save for web is a piece of crap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been experiencing the same issues. Sluggish performance while panning and zooming, lots of intermittent spinning wheel, and the occasional lock-up to where I cannot switch between tools. Disabling the rulers and the Transformational Values as discussed in the following thread seemed to help for a few minutes but eventually the performance of the program slowed down to a crawl thereby making it unusable. I also increased the memory usage to 85% but to no avail. After rebooting for the 12th time in two days, I am going to downgrade back to 2014 until the issue is resolved.

https://forums.adobe.com/message/7681852

https://forums.adobe.com/message/7650088#7650088

Photoshop CC 2015 too slow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2015 Jun 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im not sure if you're experiencing the same issue as me..

but my HOSTS file was too large/long..

which caused CPU throttling, and extreme lag.

Photoshop CC 2015 conflicts with large HOSTS file: CPU THROTTLING, LAG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2015 Jul 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if it was just me. I don't think it's a coincidence that my machine bogs down when I am using PS 2015. Photoshop is often very slow; jams up after a few hrs; binds up my entire machine. CC 2014 was not like this at all.

This is pretty frustrating, especially when I am trying to wrap things up at the end of the day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 27, 2015 Jul 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe should stop adding new features before important bugs and performance issues are fixed.

PS CC was great, CC 2014 was fine, and CC 2015 is unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2015 Jul 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 horrible performance.

2015 has been a pretty poor release really.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having the same issue just bought a new computer and this happens.... not impressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I've got this issue too with major delays and lag time with everything in Photoshop CC 2015's UI. Everything in the app takes so long to respond that I end up dragging layers and layer groups to the wrong spots, dragging items off-screen. All the menus and palette items are so slow to respond that I end up clicking on something in the background which screws everything up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2015 Jul 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+99999 horrible performance.

if u get a good way to solve this problem ,please tell me .

[ SPAM bait removed by admin ]

thanks sir

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2015 Aug 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea it is very slow now. 8-( 5 other people here at Raydon also has the same issue. It's really bad. Almost not usable. Went back to later versions and I don't have the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you installed the latest 2015.0.1 update?

Have you tried restoring your preferences? http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2012/07/photoshop-basic-troubleshooting-steps-to-fix-most-issues.h...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not yet, I was afraid too. I am using 2015.0.0.

George W Palmer

[ SPAM bait removed by admin ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines