• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2017 crashes on opening

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just installed the update for Photoshop CC 2017.  Using Bridge to process the Raw file, Photoshop then opens and when the Photoshop screen appears, the notation "Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 has stopped working. Program then closes.  Uninstalled Photoshop and then re-installed, but same problem arose.

I tracked down an XML file from the update buy do not know how to add that to this discussion,

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Please refer the article below to solve this issue Photoshop crashes with Lavasoft Chrome extension installed

You may also simply rename the file LavasoftTcpService64.dll to Old.LavasoftTcpService64.dll located :-C:\Windows\system32\LavasoftTcpService64.dll and that should fix the problem.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 137 Replies 137
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - I was having this same problem. I renamed the Lavasoft file, which allowed Photoshop to open. Then I had to update my graphics driver. At last, it is all working as it should. One very happy person on this laptop!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Halle- freakin- lujah!

I FINALLY found the source of all my woes. Photoshop would crash (not responding) 50% of the time I ran it and would have to close it from task manager, restart, re-activate GPU in Performance, close it again. Restart AGAIN, just so my extensions would load (then also redo extension settings since there would be about a 30% chance of being lost on crash).

I tried putting the tilde in front of Spaces folder. Still crashed. I tried putting the tilde in front of each PS service I found running in task manager individually. Still crashed. I tried putting tilde in front to every single service all at the same time. Still crashed and broke cloud. Re-installed after deleting every Adobe folder. Still. Deleted pref's. Still. Installed latest drivers. yes, still. Re-installed/fully updated Windows, nope. Changed scratch disks to every drive in case faulty (SSD & HDD). You guessed it, nope. Installed all the latest C++ thingies Etc. etc. etc.

The culprit has finally been found and it is C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\sniffer

I added the tilde in front of this and lo and behold, PS has opened 27 times without crashing. So, slow clap Adobe, thanks for this sporadic little headache that's gotten progressively worse ever since CC 2015 and made running PS an utter gamble and a pain.

So, anyone that's still crashing after doing the Spaces folder trick and doesn't have Lavasoft. Give it a try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thx this worked for me!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SO MUCH!  I've been trying to get this to work for months, and changing that file name did the trick. Unbelievable!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this finally resolved the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

my Photoshop will crashes after 2-3 minutes when i open create new files. I already uninstall and reinstall. The problem still occurs.

Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 19.0.0.24821, time stamp: 0x59cdf802

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.17134.112, time stamp: 0x6529f37c

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000000013077

Faulting process ID: 0x1138

Faulting application start time: 0x01d40aa9bd4f22c9

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018\Photoshop.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report ID: 8f1836e6-331b-49c5-adf4-6d740cb7195f

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would be useful to have instructions for CC 2017 instead of CS4: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/changing-settings-crash-reporter.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look back at entry #59 in this thread.

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed mine right away. Just put a Tilda symbol ~ on Spaces folder.Photoshop 2017 Fix.JPG 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

~ fixed mine too!  thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2016 Nov 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

worked for me as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed my issue also...

The question is what is in Spaces folder that would cause PS CC to puke?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no earthly idea other than its a Windows 10 issue that Adobe hasn't figured out yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed mine too! thanks alot man

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent trick! Working here now.. thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you your fix helped me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This actually worked!  To put the tilde in front of the "spaces" folder.  Thanks so much.  Only lost one hour of work because of Adobe's DUMB mistakes!!  AND, windows was up to date, my drivers are up to date, and I have never ever heard of lava and it is not on my machine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked like a charm, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed mine instantly.
Although I've managed to single out two folders in "Required" directory: "www-butler" and "www-universal-search" which once removed fixed the issue too although generated non-crashing errors on startup. Two dialogs I clicked off and was ready to live with it for a while.
But it seems like "Spaces" folder and two above are responsible for crashes. Seems like they all have to do with the internet communication. All are java script extensions, so I imagine Adobe staff are just rewriting the code to make lives of their customers easier...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked also for me! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ~ solved my problem! Thanks for the tip and help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect this fixed it, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Saved my butt - installed 2017 before my trip and didn't get it working before I left. Made the software usable again while I'm on the road.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tilde before Spaces seems to be a good solution for me.

Problem is that Adobe team has not fixed it yet - after new update fresh Spaces folder was created, Photoshop would close right after start and you need to delete old ~Spaces folder and add tilde to the name of the new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!! this fixed my photoshop cc 2017 crashes! its working now. I've been trying to get it to work all day! Renaming Spaces to ~Spaces worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines