• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS5 - Aplication error - (0xc000001d)

New Here ,
May 03, 2010 May 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Master Collection CS5 and all aplications starts but Photoshop CS5 got start error:

PSCS5 error.png

Got Windows 7 and CS4 was running fine. I uninstalled CS4 but nothing changed for better.

Help please!

All my Admin permissions are full! I'm only user of my PC and set my PC to Admin=User.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 30, 2010 Jun 30, 2010

Hi everyone,

We just posted an update that includes addressing this issue. You can get the update from Photoshop's Help> Updates...

Alternatively, you can go to this link to download an installer:
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4733

You should no longer see the application error on launch. Because the chipsets that throw this error don't support SSE2 instruction sets, GPU features and 3D features in Ps CS5 Extended will not work.

Regards,
steve

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 259 Replies 259
New Here ,
May 10, 2010 May 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope Adobe will fix it soon..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How long do they (Adobe) give you to ask for a refund?

In a message dated 5/10/2010 3:08:35 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

forums@adobe.com writes:

I hope Adobe will fix it soon..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Herron,

I think it depends on where you placed the order. At least for the Adobe.com store North American market it is 30 days. (http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/153/tn_15327.html#Step-by-step:%20Return%20a%20boxed%20product%20purchased%20from%20Adobe)

You're correct that Ps CS5 only has a soft requirement for XP SP3 (warning indicator on install, but install should proceed). The installer will not install on XP SP1. The issue with these Athlon chipsets is not tied to the service pack. As you've noted and it has been mentioned there is a DLL that is trying to use SSE2 when it shouldn't, thus causing the Ps process to fail initializing. Unfortunately, removal of that DLL is not a workaround solution.

I'll keep updating this thread as we get information to share.

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did order from Adobe NA ... and I hope I don't have to take advantage of

the 30 days. I'll get rid of it long before that, but I'm hoping Adobe

figures something out ... soon ... so I don't have to.

But this is frustrating.

In a message dated 5/10/2010 4:38:43 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

forums@adobe.com writes:

Hi Herron,

I think it depends on where you placed the order. At least for the

Adobe.com store North American market it is 30 days.

(http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/153/tn_15327.html#Step-by-step:%20Return%20a%20boxed%20product%20purchased%20fro

m%20Adobe)

You're correct that Ps CS5 only has a soft requirement for XP SP3 (warning

indicator on install, but install should proceed). The installer will not

install on XP SP1. The issue with these Athlon chipsets is not tied to the

service pack. As you've noted and it has been mentioned there is a DLL that

is trying to use SSE2 when it shouldn't, thus causing the Ps process to

fail initializing. Unfortunately, removal of that DLL is not a workaround

solution.

I'll keep updating this thread as we get information to share.

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Steve.  I'll keep watching.  My old AMD still works fine for everything I do ... except PS CS5 (sigh).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2010 May 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem is in this file image_runtime.dll C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So ... is there a fix? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not yet...we still waiting ;/  ADOBE GROUP do something with this please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May take a while. Lots of testing, and even then, when you think you got all the new

bugs sorted out and fixed, you send it out and someone in another group, sometimes halfway

around the world will come back and say: "WTF are you doing!"

But hopefully not!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed it on my system at home and it's working just fine but it's got an AMD Athlon 64 processor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes because AMD 64 has SSE2-3 support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I know and figured it would work. I had posted earlier in this thread that I was going to install it on my Windows 7 64-bit system to see if it worked so I was just reporting that it had. As for my computer here at work? It's the one I'm having the issue with since it's an Athlon XP system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another one here.

CS5 Works great on my LapTop with Vista and AMD Turion.

Just get the Oxc000001d error message on my desctop using

Win XP with SP3 and AMD Athlon XP2800 processor.

Have uninstall - cleaned and re-installed as per Adobe help desc

but makes no difference.

Help coming soon - I hope.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this problem on an Athlon XP2500+. I know it's an old processor by today's standards but still feels fairly zippy for most stuff - including photoshop (previous versions which actually work!). I hope Adobe don't simply abandon customers who don't feel the, often unnecessary, need to have the latest spec machine.

I feel that if this thread becomes long enough Adobe will have to do something.

I assume everyone has registred the problem formally through the support portal. If not, please do. Perhaps then it'll be escalated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're already working on the problem (as has been noted in this thread). It's a PS CS5 bug in which a .dll file is trying to use SSE2 when it shouldn't and AMD Athlon XP and like processors do not support SSE2-3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that`s right...still waiting : (

This is a list of processors...they not support SSE2  :

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for clarification. I didn't realise it was looking for something it shouldn't. I'd misunderstood that it actually needed the DLL it was looking for so that it would function properly, and therefore assumed that it would lose functionality with older processors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have contacted Adobe and the National Association of Photoshop

Professionals (NAPP). I hope someone out there listens and comes up with a solution

soon!

In a message dated 5/11/2010 2:03:19 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

forums@adobe.com writes:

I'm also having this problem on an Athlon XP2500+. I know it's an old

processor by today's standards but still feels fairly zippy for most stuff -

including photoshop (previous versions which actually work!). I hope Adobe

don't simply abandon customers who don't feel the, often unnecessary, need to

have the latest spec machine.

I feel that if this thread becomes long enough Adobe will have to do

something.

I assume everyone has registred the problem formally through the support

portal. If not, please do. Perhaps then it'll be escalated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2010 May 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not taking a chance. You only have a 30-day window to return PS CS5 and get your money back, and I'm at 22 days already.  I'm getting my money back and uninstalling CS5.  Hopefully, Adobe will get the problem dll fixed, so all the AMD Athlon users out there can use the new CS5 -- otherwise, I'd advise every one of them to get their money back ... now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also get the application error too when trying to start Photoshop CS 5 ext."The application was unable to start correctly(0xc000001d) .Click on to close the application"I too have a AMD Athlon Processor. I have installed the CS5 Master Collection.I am unable to start Adobe Encore.I receive an "X Runtime Error" message ! I am also unable to load the Adobe Media Encoder.Getting the message"Processor does not support SSE2 instruction set"I have the same problem with starting Adobe Pixel Bender as I do with Photoshop CS5,application unable to start (0Xc000001d ) Finally Adobe SoundBooth wont start.Not bad 6 applications failing to start/load/work. My operating system is Win 7 on a PC,with all the latest updates and drivers installed. I previously used Adobe Photoshop CS4 Ext,Illustrator CS4,Dreamweaver CS4,Lightroom2.All worked with no problems.I am anxiously awaiting a fix/patch as soon as possible please.All the best from NUGCS5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2010 May 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might help clear things up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSE2#CPUs_supporting_SSE2

Im abit shocked that Adobe hasn't come up with a fix/patch/workaround yet.

My rig is a dual AMD MP 2800 and at this time I have no thoughts of building a new workstation just for PS5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 13, 2010 May 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no news on the adobe fix ? we need this, we need to continue our work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still exchanging messages with someone on the support portal who has asked me to reboot into various diagnostic safe modes using msconfig, but nothing makes any difference. I've pointed the person towards withis thread. If I get any joy I'll let you know asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also pointed Adobe tech support toward this forum but have not heard back from them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What concerns me is that the people who deal with technical support are likely out of the loop when it comes to getting stuff like this sorted. The guy I've been contacted by is polite and helpful but I suspect his remit is to go through the usual process of getting the customer to shut down likely clashing processes, rebuild corrupted preferences files, update drivers etc. I'm an IT professional and can do most of this sort of stuff anyway but it seems the problem is one which can't be solved by a technical support operative. It looks like a problem with the original code. I just hope these messages are getting further than the lowly tech guy to the people who wrote the thing in the first place, else we could all be here for ever!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines