• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS5 Clipboard Issue (Win 7)

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2010 Sep 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a copy of PS CS5 installed and i can only paste an image that i copied from before the program was started. When Ps is already started and I copy an image and try to paste it in PS it will paste the image I copied before I started the program not the one I just copied...

It's a pretty annoying situation... not being able to copy and paste once the program is running. I have to shut it down, start it up again to paste the image I want...

Anybody a solution?

I work on: Win 7 ultimate 64 bit - i7 - 8 gigs ram

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 16, 2010 Oct 16, 2010

i had exactly the same issue with clipboard in PS CS5 described by David Dobish above. I solved it by removing Selective Tool (64 bit) Pluging from NIK SOFTWARE. Now clipboard works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 305 Replies 305
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2010 Dec 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there from Nik Software! We have identified and resolved the issue. It requires a replacement of a config file so the easiest thing would be if you could contact our support team and then they can walk you through the process. This is only necessary if you're on CS5 (the issue shouldn't occur on CS4 or earlier). You can reach our support team from the following page:

http://www.niksoftware.com/support/usa/entry.php?view=onlinesupport/usa_form.tpl&language=us

We're working with Adobe to prevent this type of thing from happening in the future.

Cheers!

-Josh

Sr. Product Manager

Nik Software, Inc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2010 Dec 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an FAQ on the Nik site that asks if you have a problem with HDR Effecx and

indicates a configuration file in zip format. However, the FAQ doesn't specify which

problem the configuration file is supposed to remedy.

Is this the configuration file that solves the clipboard issue?

-wick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that solves a different issue entirely. As I mentioned, the best way if you're having this problem is to contact our support team directly with the link I originally posted.

Thanks!

-Josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll do that, but you should know that your support site indicates that no one from your team will be available to help in the next two days, due to high volume etc. etc. The link you provided just leads to a general support ticket entry form. Is this what you intended?

Isn't there some written instruction you could give to all of us who have this problem?

-wick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, posting something to our web page will most likely take longer than 2 days which is why I recommended to go through our support staff. Seems like it's pretty urgent though, so let's see if I can't take a crack at this:

Download the following file:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/794472/SelToolInst.cfg

And place it in the c:\programs\adobe\adobe photoshop cs5\plug-ins\nik software\selective tool\ folder

Restart Photoshop

Give it a whirl.

-Josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that fixed the problem here. Thanks for speeding things up.

I copied it to the 64-bit and the x86 counterpart folder too (not sure if the latter was necessary, but it didn't seem to do any harm).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2010 Dec 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the config file. I will give it a try.

Sorry to imply it was urgent. I could have waited the several days. It's just
that the link you supplied does in fact seem to be the Web interface for
support, and the reply I received from following that link and filling out the
form resulted in an email telling me that "due to the overwhelming popularity of
HDR Efex Pro, our response time is now 2-3 business days." It's not a problem.
It just seemed as though you were pointing us to a solution or a direct
connection to the support team rather than a support ticket application.

Again. thanks for the pointer to a solution. I will let you know how it works
out.

-wick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried it and it didn't work for me.

I placed the file in the following directory, which is close as I could get to

the one you specified. My programs are stored on my F: drive:

F:\Program Files\Adobe Photoshop CS5 (64 Bit)\Plug-ins\Nik Software\Selective

Tool

Is this wrong? It didn't seem to work. Clipboard still not working in CS5

64-bit.

-wick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me.

Can access clipboard and Silver Efex seems to work fine.

Care to tell us what the issue is/was?

Lew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me.

Can access clipboard and Silver Efex seems to work fine.

Care to tell us what the issue is/was?

Lew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but that solution did not work for me.  I'm still having the Clipboard issue.  I wish it worked!

Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange, it seems to work for some and not others. Once we were able to reproduce this on our test machines, this fix seemed to work. I'll have to get back to the dev & qa teams to see if they have any further thoughts. I might need to get a hold of you directly, could you send me a private message with your contact info in case we need to dig deeper?

Thanks,

-Josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem with the Clipboard was driving me crazy.  I uninstalled Nik HDR EffectS Pro and it went away.  Yoo-hah.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Josh,

The file you posted fixed the issue for me.

Does NIK plans to correct this in future updates.  I am wondering if I am going to need i to manually install this file every time I upgrade or reinstall a NIK product.

-NB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Josh, just tried to send you a private message, but this system apparently doesn'tmake that possible. I went to your profile page and clicked on "send private message" but it didn't recognize you as a valid email recipient.

Checked on my own profile page here and there is an email address there, so you can contact me.

-wick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2011 Apr 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About a month ago, I bought a Wacom tablet. Up until that point, everything had been going perfectly fine in my 8GB/3Hz dual core laptop Windows Professional 64bit and Photoshop CS5 64bit world (well, except for Machine Wash filters, but that's another story).

So, I thought I was going out of my mind when, the week after installing the tablet, every time I tried to copy and paste something from Illustrator to Photoshop (which I've done tens thousands of times over my professional life), it wouldn't work. The first one would, but after copying and pasting in Photoshop, I could only paste what I had copied in Photoshop, nothing else from an external program would paste in... unless I quit Photoshop and restarted.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/794472/SelToolInst.cfg completely fixed the problem. I've put copies of it in my software updates folder, with the instructions on where to put it for the next time I have to install Photoshop/Wacom on to an otherwise clean system.

Thank you for posting this, I'd probably still be ripping my hair out in frustration without it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2011 May 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have all the Nik plugins installed on a WIN7 64bits with Photoshop CS5 64bits.

When I rename the "Silver Efex Pro 2" and "Selective tools" folders, the copy-paste function is back.

I need to rename both of them (else it won't solve my problem).

Very annoying. Is there an other way around to solve this issue ?

Fred

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2011 May 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fred,

Did you try the .cfg file from post #88 yet? (http://forums.adobe.com/message/3353707#3353707)

It has seem to do the trick specific to NIK's selective tool. We still don't have solutions for other 3rd party plug-ins, or cases where no 3rd party plug-ins are loaded.

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 05, 2011 May 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you guys try this registry edit? It worked for me.

1. In Windows, go to Start and then Run.
  2. Type in “Regedit” without the quotes
  3. Once in the registry editor, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Adobe > Photoshop > 12.0
  4. Right-click in the 12.0 folder and select New > QWORD (64-bit Value) and name it “AlwaysImportClipboard” without the quotes
  5. Double click the name and change the Value Data field from 0 to 1
  6. Restart Photoshop and paste away!

Disclaimer: Modifying the  registry can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall  your operating system. We cannot guarantee that problems resulting from  modifications to the registry can be solved. Use the information  provided at your own risk.

BTW, I got this from http://www.atlanticbt.com/blog/adobe-photoshop-clipboard-copypaste-bug-fix/ and modified just slightly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 05, 2011 May 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That patch is bogus.

It's already been shown that even the 64 bit Photoshop doesn't read a QWORD from the registry for that value.

Do you know anything about programmatically accessing the registry?

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have only Alien Skin Plugin's and I hve the clipboard issue... I wish this would get solved, it seems like adobe knows where the problem lies. Please fix this problem..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2010 Dec 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Josh,

The file you posted fixed the issue for me.

However I did have to install it both the "Program Files" and "Program Files (x86)" directory path you posted. I'm Woking on a Win 7 64x sytem and have both PS CS5 32x and 64x version installed.

Belay my last. I rebooted and the clipboard in PS CS5 64X no longer works. No problem with CS5 32x or CS4 64x.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 04, 2011 Jan 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the exact same problem on my one year old Acer Aspire 5738-6745 laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit and Adobe Photoshop CS5 Extended 64-bit.

The weird thing is, it only happened to me after I reinstalled windows. It never occurred before.

Anyways, I found a solution. You just have to open Notepad and type in the following:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Photoshop\12.0]
“AlwaysImportClipboard”=dword:00000001

Then save it as AlwaysImportClipbd_ON.reg, close Photoshop if it is opened, and install the registry file.

Doing this worked for me!

Hope it helps!

-Jordan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2011 Jan 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is not working for me..

Still having this issue (alien skin plugins installed)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 05, 2011 Jan 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should try to uninstall the plugin then.

All I know is that the plugin is not the initial problem, because I have never had it installed.

But seriously, using the registry thingy solved the problem for me.

Sorry I can't help more

-Jordan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines