Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop - Wacom - Latest Update Bug

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So for me the program is unusable now.

Whenever I use any tool, instead of the tool doing what it should be doing it acts like the hand tool and moves around the canvas.

Things work fine when using a mouse, but without the ability to use the pressure sensitivity of my tablet I cannot accomplish my work.

This needs to be fixed now.

For now I'm going to have to use clip studio to do my work until the issue is resolved.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Amanda

There should be no need for any workaround now that Microsoft have issued a further update to fix the issued caused in their earlier release. See here for details:

Cannot paint with stylus when zoomed in on image | Windows 10

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 166 Replies 166
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot. Save my day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@davescm Thank u very much!

That issue really made me crazy, so annoying! And now It is solved! you made my day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may have been answered several times today but I've been (ineffectively, apparently) searching for this answer since midnight and yours was the first post to provide a solution. 13 hours (on and off) that I won't get back into my workflow, but thank you for the very effective solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW, thanks thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did all this and also deinstalled the latest updates. Now the bug is gone but the pen pressure won't work anymore. How do I reactivate the pen pressure options?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much this was driving me mad, and this worked ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! It works!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!! =D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey dave, i did what you dais and the problem was fixed, thanks so much bud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it worked! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, that worked perfectly!

Thanks for saving the day.

Can't believe microsoft did something like that.

Hope them and Adobe are aware of it at this point...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you soo much! It really worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with my cintiq 13hd this fixed it but now i have no pressure sensitivity, would appreciate a fix! also when i switch windows ink on and off it adds and removes the issue.

so with windows ink ticked my styles drags the canvas around instead of inking then if I untick windows ink the issue is resolved, but now i have no pressure sensitivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, the pen want to erase or draw all over the place, have to tap on the tablet todeactivateit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes well I did do the text file bit, but I still have the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you uncheck Windows Ink, and did you type the text file exactly as described.  It also needs to be named PSUserConfig.txt. Let notepad add the file extension or you will end up with a file called PSUserConfig.txt.txt which will not work.

If you still cant get it to work restore windows ink and try the Microsoft fix here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/4093112/windows-10-update-kb4093112

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me isn`t working, there is a big lag to trace!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave's solution worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using CS6, surface pro 4 and the Microsoft pen: I don’t suppose you have any suggestions for me do you? Uninstalling the update made things worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for your help

I am stuck at #3 though. I feel so close:

Go to the Wacom tablet properties and for Photoshop under Mapping  uncheck "Use Windows Ink"

I can't find Photoshop under The wacom Tablet properties

So I thought... ok he means GO to Photoshop and under Mapping uncheck "Use Windows Ink"

But I can't find " Mapping". So is it because I have Photoshop CC2017? or?

Let me know if this whole thing works for Photoshop CC 2017 as this is what I am trying to get my life back with.

Or let me know how to access photoshop from the Wacom properties.

Patience, patience... 🙂

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stephanie:

Depending on the specific Wacom  tablet the Windows Ink might be in a different tab.

Nicole
I don't have a surface 3 but the alternative fix from Microsoft should revert Windows ink to the legacy behaviour on any system: See this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/4093112/windows-10-update-kb4093112

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot Dave.

I guess that's it. There is no such little window for me to select " Use windows Ink". For me is it Pen/ eraser/ Calibrate.

I have a Wacom Mobile Studio Pro 13.

My issue with this bug is that all is well when I am at 100% on the canvas, I can draw but if I zoom in, I can't draw anymore. The canvas moves around, freezes, moves around again.

Thanks for the help though. Any other way I can access the Windows ink? I see I can find it I select it as a shortcut on my pen. I tried to select it so I "isolate" that little fellow on my pen. But that trick didn't work. It is the same.

So is there a way to deselect the use of Windows ink somewhere else?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I turn off windows ink workplace all together in the tablet settings, it is the same, by the way...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so it all works wonderful now that I updated Photoshop to CC18 and went thru the steps again.

Thank you so much Dave. You are a life saver as I am at a pivotal point in my career. I have an event tomorrow where I am in charge of all graphic elements. I am also launching a consulting company's branch in NY and they needed graphics. I can finally work. Only 3 days late on all that....

I turned it all off on the Windows ink workplace. Maybe it made a difference as well. I don't know.

I work, I am not going to tease anything.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines