• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with "Sticky" Modifier keys?

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2016 Jun 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies if this isn't in the right place, I'm a bit new the forums.

I've been using Photoshop CC for years and have never experienced this problem. I'm running on a fairly new (1 year) Macbook Pro with a Cintiq 22HDTouch hooked up to it. Recently, seemingly out of nowhere, my Modifier keys have been "sticky"; when I use keys such as OPTION, COMMAND, CTRL,  or SHIFT, they get stuck even after I let go. I realized this wasn't a hardware issue when the same thing happens after using my cintiq's shortcut keys for the modifiers.

SHIFT and OPTION seem to be the ones that are making it near impossible for me to do my work. The others don't seem to be as big of an issue. Sometimes photoshop will register my shift key is being held when it's not, or its not registering when Shift is being held down. Same issue goes with Option. These problems only seem to occur while in the program.  I updated to the latest photoshop and that seemed to fix the issue for about 3-4 days, and now it's acting up again. I've restarted my computer, I've reinstalled the cintiq and wacom hardware, and I'm out of ideas on what could be causing the issue.

I had trouble finding any other forums with existing issues. If I could get some help ASAP, that would be extremely beneficial. Thank you in advanced,

Whit

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

I've resolved the issue by installing the older Wacom Driver 6.3.15.3, and by removing all the Panels in the On-Screen Controls tab of the tablet Preferences Window.

I hope it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

The last update seemed to fix it for me. Haven't noticed any sticky keys so far, let's hope this does it once and for all.

Driver Version 6.3.44-1 on a Mac with Big Sur 11.2.3 using Intuos Pro Large PTH-851.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 129 Replies 129
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you remove the last panel in the list? When it gets down to the last panel, the (minus) tab becomes faded and I can't remove the last one:

RemovePanels.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2016 Oct 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted Wacom via email about this issue in August 2016, so they must be aware of the problem. When I suggested the solution I found online was to use a legacy driver instead of the latest one the rep replied:

"Thank you for your email. We really appreciate your feedback and we will take it into consideration. Was the issue resolved with the previous driver version?

Greivin

Customer Support Team

WACOM"

I suppose it wouldn't hurt for anyone experiencing this issue to contact Wacom. Perhaps if the get enough complaints they'll fix the problem in a future driver update.

Here's the link from the Wacom website:

Contact support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for a solution. I also contacted Wacom couple of months ago and they also suggested me to update to a previous driver. Even though from that time they already have updated their new driver again, and problem still persists. Thats crazy!

And also have reinstalled MacOS and all software, hoping that it will help. But it didnt.

Will remove the latest driver now and install an old one. Hope it will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The correct driver is no longer showing on the download page, here is a direct link to download driver 6.3.15-3: http://cdn.wacom.com/u/productsupport/drivers/mac/professional/WacomTablet_6.3.15-3.dmg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2016 Nov 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When clicked http://cdn.wacom.com/u/productsupport/drivers/mac/professional/WacomTablet_6.3.15-3.dmg​ failed, however when I copied it into the address bar it worked. Attempting fix now. I'll update my comment if the fix works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fix works.

Steps for Mac:

1. Uninstall the Wacom driver
  2. Download the older driver (6.3.15-3) from the link above
  3. Restart Mac
  4. Install the 6.3.15-3 driver
  5. Disable all the ExpressKeys, and the Touch Ring.

Screen Shot 2016-11-26 at 7.21.43 AM.png

Shame the touch ring and Express keys are not useable but that will be far less pain for me than the sticky key issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shame the touch ring and Express keys are not useable but that will be far less pain for me than the sticky key issue.

Did you try using Creative Suite without disabling the ExpressKeys and the Touch Ring? I still have mine enabled, and as of yet haven't had the sticky key problem reoccur. Also, sorry about the link, looks like there's a typo in the url tag. The forum doesn't allow me to edit the post .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't tried. Scared to try now that it's working. Hopefully the next person won't disable these before trying. Or maybe Wacom could just fix the drivers.... 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, simply disabling all of the tablet buttons and the touch ring and it sorted things for me. Didn't need to change the driver. Thankfully I didn't use them as I was always used to the keyboard. Pull your finger out Wacom, sort your drivers out. Nearly returned my new tablet because of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to do a new installation of the older driver to make it work. I would have returned my tablet too, but I can't do my work without it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this still a problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have this exact problem and seemingly a couple hundred others as well. I've seen threads on forums, reddit, youtube etc. all explaining the same situation. I've reached out to Wacom at least 5 times, absolutely no response. They even had their support system offline for like a month. They released about 4 updates since and none of the new drivers fix this issue. It's especially frustrating because I invested more than $3000 in a new Cintiq 27QHD and I get no support. @wacom if you see any of this - what the actual hell? !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opportunity for a disruptive startup.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got a response from @wacomeurope on Twitter: Hi, We're working on it. however the issue isn't only happening with Wacom devices. Keep updated. Best regards, ^TP

At least they're aware...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This answer is rude and arrogant.... I dont care if other devices have the same problem. Wacom have had this problem for YEARS and as a marked leader they should get their stuff together and not be pointing their fingers at someone else. But until they get it fixed, we will run the older version of the driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've written to Wacom and am awaiting a response. This is ridiculous! It is disrupting my workflow horrifically. I've spent so much time trying to rectify the problem that is making me lose work hours. Sort your life out Wacom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I'm using the latest driver here. MacOS Sierra, Intuos PRO, I just disabled all on-screen controls except Precision Mode. When disabling all those, you can't disable the last one (as you probably know). For the last remaining one, just change the Key Assignments for all but one to "Disabled". Last key I just set to Precision Mode. Lag and sticky keys gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well.... Guess I wrote this a little too early. It's much better now, but still acts up sometimes. I also have this problem in Lightroom (latest) where it will sometimes select multiple images (like I'm holding down CMD).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, so this is a terrible hack, but it might save a deadline for someone here. i 'm assuming we're all mac with this specific wacom bug:

if you quit the WacomTabletDriver in activity viewer then re-launch it as root, it seems to behave.

drawbacks- it  will not switch between app specific settings, you have to just use the "all other" settings to set up

although you're running the driver as root, it appears relatively safe, you can't ditch system files or  accidentally do damage, but if you don't know why running things as root is a bad idea, probably best not to!

the driver you need to quit then relaunch  is at /library/application support/tablet/  either use sudo in the terminal or i used an app to do it the lazy way.

YOU'LL NEED A MOUSE OR TRACKPAD because the Cintiq won't move the cursor when you quit the driver.

you need to quit all wacom processes in activity viewer but only re- launch WacomTabletDriver.app

remember, this is a hacky solution and i'm only sharing my findings not recommending them!

(which is why i'm not including a copy/paste-able terminal command)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New driver update available since Monday, disables the function keys when hovering and moving.

Makes it totally unusable!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

great this helped in my case too! Thank you very plenty!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded the 12/12/16 driver (MacOSX - Driver 6.3.19-6)

It didn't fix anything. Random double-clicking, being forced to move the cursor out of a window and then back into that window before I can click in it, and sticky keys are still completely ruining my personal and professional life.

Dear Wacom,

Pull your heads out for the love of all things holy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I'm having the same problem as everyone else on a 15" MacBook Pro running Sierra with the latest versions of Photoshop CC and Lightroom installed.  Using a Wacom intuos pro (new) and despite downloading the latest driver from the Wacom website (6.3.20.4) the problem is still there...as long as I don't use the express keys and only the stylus, things seem fine.  This is unbelievable...tried narrowing down the problem for DAYS such as updating to the newest OS, trying different versions of Photoshop, etc., etc...but nothing worked.  Even found an old plug-in for Photoshop which some said would fix the problem...it didn't.  Not sure what to do next...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird. Been using the older driver for a few months (there's an older version that works) because I had the same problems.

Now running latest MacOS and latest PS/LR and Wacom driver (Intuos Pro). Both 27" iMac and 15"mbp. Latest version works fine for me, even with all express keys in use, and both wired and wireless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here... so sad. I tried 6.3.15.3, and by removing all the Panels in the On-Screen Controls tab of the tablet Preferences Window. Don't work for me . It seems worse than before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines