• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

R.I.P. JJMack

Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My father recently passed away. He was known here as JJMack. This community was a big part of his life. After retiring from IBM, this is where he would spend a great deal of his time trying to help people as best he could. His strength was figuring out how things work, communication was not.  Despite this, he was able to amass 38,147 Posts, 9206 Likes, and most importantly 3437 solutions.

I'm sure his posts will live on and continue to help people. I work with Photoshop professionally myself and occasionally will research a problem I am having only to find a solution posted here by my father. In the future it will be bitter sweet when this happens again.

Goodbye, world.

JJMack
TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He was a huge contributor here and yes quite a character. R.I.P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very sad to hear. Condolences to you and your family.

His posts were a fixture on this forum, enjoyable reading just for learning and most often than not he'd have a working solution, despite himself professing not to know java(extend)script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Condolences to you and his beloved ones

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although I didn't know him for long, on reading his posts I immediately considered him a Photoshop Grand Master V-Level Wizard. How fortunate to have his prolific knowledge archived here. I hope the systems are flawless wherever he is now. My sincere condolences to you and your family.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this! He was such a big help on this site! He will be greatly missed. My condolences to you and your family. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so sorry for your loss. He will be missed. I have had the pleasure of interacting with him often in the Photoshop forums over he years.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am shocked and saddened to my core to hear about the passing of JJMack. I've known him for the longest time on these forums as a very helpful member, and to me he *was* one of the pillars of the Photoshop forum. His direct manner of communication never bothered me in the slightest, and rather was refreshing. We had various online conversations (I have had different Adobe accounts throughout the past 25 years).

He was always just "there". And now he is no longer here.

May he continue to find bugs and their workarounds in Photoshop wherever he is now.

Thanks for all the fish JJMack. You will be missed.

sad.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your Dad. What a wonderful tribute you have written here, so fitting. I learned so much from his posts and he will be missed, but his posts will help many for a long time to come.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJMack is a legend here. We here have lost a helpful, well-informed colleague. We will miss him. We too will stumble across his posts from time to time and remember your father's good advice. We will miss him.

This is to express my sincere condolences for your great loss.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your dad was one of the good ones.

I loved conversing with him on all things Photoshop.

His knowledge was as great as his passion for helping others.

He will be missed. Condolences to you and the family.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJMack was a great help to us & everyone in the community. He was a very knowledgeable and experienced person. He will be missed...

Sad to hear the news. My condolences are with you & your family.

~Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very sad news. I know he found great joy in helping others. He will be deeply missed. My sincere condolences to you and your family.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for lettings us know. My condolences to the family. He was so prolific in the Photoshop community and persistent in finding the right answer. He knew the product well and his solutions helped countless people. He will be missed.

Pattie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a big loss to the community and to your family. My condolences. If I saw him replying in a discussion thread I marked it as "in good hands" and moved on. He will be missed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh no. 😞 JJMack provided a lot of help to a massive amount of people on all kinds of topics and issues. His presence here on the forums will be dearly missed by me and many others. So sorry to hear this news. 

Condolences to you and the rest of the family. RIP JJM ❤️ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deeply sad to hear. Condolences to you and your family.

545235bf8c428530216b2aaf1cfbff88.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started in stills, as a pro portrait photographer. Many years ago, I was one of the first in our area to work with the newfangled digital stuff, and of course, Photoshop. (Anyone else remember the Dancing Ants issue?)

Although I've long since been in video post, the missus is still running the studio. And so I kept a few fingers in stills. JJMack's comments in the Photoshop forum were always something to look for.

Our sympathies to his family, of course. And he will be missed 'here' also!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

His badge shows it all - 'Legend'. We will miss you JJMack. May you rest in peace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So sorry for your loss. Your father will be missed by many. 

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so sorry to hear this. John was a legend on the Photoshop forum—always taking the time to explain an issue along with the screen shots to clarify his answer—he will be missed.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my gosh, i'm so sorry for your loss. JJ loved helping everyone on these forums and his depth of knowledge and presence here will definitely be missed. We didn't always see eye to eye, but i greatly respected his passion and dedication to trying the best he could to improving the lives of everyone he tried to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, no! I'm so sorry to read about the loss of your Dad! I've learned a lot, reading his solutions and responses. He had an incredibly agile mind, and a creative way of addressing issues.

Sending my deepest condolences to you and your family. 
The Adobe Support Community has suffered a great loss. 

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although never had a chance to meet, it's obvious that he was a very loved and valuable community member. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, my deepest condolences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry for the loss to your family. Being a part of this Community and being able to help countless Adobe product users was obviously very fulfilling to him personally, and I'm sure you take comfort in knowing that he was able to be so productive and make such a difference.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a very sad news for his family and friends... and the Photoshop community!

JJ was passionate, knowledgeable, dedicated, observant, and stood for his ideas. He always wanted to go to the bottom of a problem, spent countless hours helping others, he also generously shared his scripting proficiency, and was aware of his communication limits, he even invited me to edit some of his posts and documents for legibility...

Au revoir, JJMack!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines