• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Photoshop 2022 keeps crashing

Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open more than two photos my Photoshop 2022 locks up and the only way to close it is via Task Manager  Windows 10

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.  PhotoShop Crashes after using it for some time.  This didn't happen in 2021 version.  Attached are a few images of GPU, Task Manager and Version.  Note task manager says - Power Ussage  Very High for Photoshop.GPU Compatible.PNGTaskManagerCPUMemoryUse.PNGTaskManagerCrash.PNGPhotoShopVersion.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using the free trial all week just to see if it was worth the money. I started with just designing a simple business card graphic but it has literally taken me 5 days to get halfway through because of how often it freezes and then I have to open task manager and shut it down and start all over. Sometimes I am able to save my work quick enough and then other times I lose everything I've done. I decided this is so not worth the money. I have more than enough RAM/storage space, everything is updated plus it's a new laptop anyways. I am really starting to feel like this is a software issue and not a user issue but doesn't look like any plans to fix this is coming any time soon. Not sure what else to do though because I need the program for some side work but can't really find any alternative so I might just be SOL. Very frustrating. Never had problems with older versions.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a lot crashes and freezing and errors that seem to happen randomly while imworking.

Sometimes it will just paste the recent files splash screen on my canvas and i have to close it down
Will randomly just crash for no reason 
Will freeze, i can zoom in and out, but nothing on my screen actually moves, but i can see the scrool bars getting bigger and smaller as i zoom in and out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We are sorry for the trouble with Photoshop. We are here to help.

Does the lag happen with any specific set of files? Could you please share the system info of Photoshop from Help > System info > Share with us? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps? 

• Ensure you are working on the latest version of Photoshop v23.3.1. (https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/uptodate.html)
  • Go to Preferences > Performance > Advanced Settings and uncheck the 'GPU compositing' option.
  • You can also optimize Camera Raw, which handles Raw images in Photoshop, by going to Photoshop > Preferences > Camera Raw > Performance > Uncheck Graphics processor and increasing the cache sizes
  • Restart Photoshop.
  • If disabling GPU compositing does not help, you can uncheck the  'Use Graphics Processor' and restart Photoshop.

Please check this series of suggestions related to software optimization and in-app changes you can do to optimize Photoshop's performance in this article, and please give this a detailed read through: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

Let us know if this helps. We hope to hear from you soon. 

Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixes NOTHING!

I'm a disabled content creator on a limited budget and ever since your 2022 update the software constantly crashes trying to use multiple files or even basic stuff. I have a up to date system that handles live streaming with no issues but your software does nothing but crash and is costing me content growth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, Photoshop freezing when working, nothing seams to help.
None of the Adobe programs makes problems during work, only the Photoshop.

This is happenning for the last month or two, I don't remember exactly.

I've checked the memory, graphic card, disk, restart, shut down... all good.

When working with Photoshop, it's just frustrating...

I'll be glad to know what are other graphic designers doing with this issue, because Photoshop is an essential tool for many projects and clients.
I'm absolutely sure it's something about the Photoshop lately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you also see a freezing issue. We understand your concern. 

Can you please let us know if you are on Mac or Windows? What is the version? Are you seeing this issue with the latest version of Photoshop? Does it freeze randomly? 

Please uncheck the  'Use Graphics Processor' and restart Photoshop.

We're here to help. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not intending to be rude, but I feel you need to read through the posts a little more? Everyone seems to have stated their user systems & updates being the culprit? Being it the last update or a few before, the 2022 version is plagued with errors. 

You seem to reply to each post with the same questions, but I haven't as yet seen you respond to anyone who has replied with that information. I personally supplied it & never had a response from you except to ask the same thing again ... I am begining to wonder if you're a "Bot" ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, I have the latest photoshop version,  the Windows 11 is up to date as well. Nvidia Gforce RTX also up to date but still not luck even after trying all the options that has been suggested as we solution please help me out, i am really stressing out in my job when it get freeze in cursial time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, photoshop isn't working, I have a new computer Lenovo 5 pro, with 16 GB of ram,  Nvidia RTX 3070, AMD R7 5800, windows 11 and photoshop v23.3.2 is permanently crashing, this week I had to close it at least one time every 30 minutes because that got completely frozen, and I was working just with a  few regular layers, no effects no sparkles no nothing, just black lines made without pressure sensitivity, and the program just stopped working randomly.

Another problem that I have is when I need to duplicate a group of layers and I use the shortcut (alt+hold left click) the program stops working for at least 2-3 minutes, that is insane, so if I need to duplicate basically adobe is obligating me to not use a short cut that has been in the software for more than 10 years at least. 

I just paid for the subscription a few days ago again but I am thinking now of just using another software because is insane to have the "best" photo editing/drawing/painting software and don't be able to work more than 30 minutes without a problem.

Shame Adobe! Shame!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We are sorry for the trouble here.

Could you please check & confirm if the issues persist after following the steps I have shared above?
https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/re-photoshop-2022-keeps-crashing/m-p/...

We hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, Sammer
I have a similar situation, so I will give a response. The only option under which Photoshop works is to disable the GPU. As an artist, some features are not available when they are disabled. I've waste a lot of time trying to optimize photoshop and update drivers.  I'm really disappointed. I attached a photo. here's what happens when you upload more than one image

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this the official solution? Because if disabling GPU usage is the "fix" I'm gonna be switching to a different software. I use those features that setting enables for my work, and if that's the only way to use Photoshop now, I just won't anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same damn issue. Photoshop lost me hours of work today when it crashed upon trying to use a second file. Just now, I'm sitting here again with it frozen too. Task Manager says it's maxing out its CPU usage, can't go any higher. The only way to close it is via End Task. No error message. This is bull crap, for a program I partially pay over $500 a year for. Totally unacceptable.

Does anyone know of a Photoshop version in the version history that doesn't do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far the only thing that has kept these crashing issues at bay was downgrading my Photoshop to the 2021 version. I'm not sure if that'll help your specific issues but it did with mine! But I totally agree - the reason why I vamped up my whole PC was to actually take full advantage of my GPU power, not to disable it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll have to try that. The 2022 version has had a ton of issues since I installed it, hopefully this is one of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've had numerous sessions with the nice tech guys at Adobe with the crashing issues and it's still not resolved. The latest was blaming Microsoft 365 OneDrive as it syncs and asking to turn this off everyone were use Adobe.... That's not good is it.  but oddly

we know many other people with the same set up and it seems stable. My machine is very powerful so it isn't a memory or hardware issue. Last week I couldn't issue a drawing as it kept freezing which meant we couldn't invoice. It's not acceptable and very soon we'll have to ask for compensation or a part refund of the subscription as it's affecting our billable hours. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, whose Photoshop crashes when adding a second photo. I noticed that many people who have the same problem use nvidia. Try to restore Photoshop settings in the nvidia control panel in the 3d settings management section.And choose the second option in the second item. It helps me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, lcoks up, usually if I try to change project. I get a sorta imprint of the home menu screen around the project and nothing works, can't save, can only quit and say 'no' to save changes. So of course I've lost stuff to this.

The fact this is still happening to people from the initial post in astounding. You seem to put all the subscription money into readvertising your brand for a help community no one asked for. And the terrible irony is that you wouldn't need half the teaching required to use your software if it was better designed and updated. I mean the paint bucket still doesn't know how to deal with aliasing, for example.

For me it started after cleaning my computer so I thought I'd maybe joustled something but this confirms it's some bad incompatibility with windows or a bad update.

You shouldn't have to ask your users to turn off a feature to get something to work. I've never played a game that asks you to do so, because, you know, patches.

I really hope we can all move on from this soon, it's not good enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super slow & constantly randomly crashing, should just go back to a torrent version, it's hard to do work when it crashes 50% of the time I open another large psd. Uninstalled and cleared appdata prefs twice, still completely unstable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel ya....a nightmare since march 2022 for me. No matter the file size, layers or single file open at a time. I have to restart on average every 45 min. I keep updating hoping something will get better...waste a ton of time with the fixes they suggest on our end and have had to call support multiple times. The first time ever having to do that since I started using in 2016. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the same boat as the March update and frankly speaking literally didnt use the photoshop for last month due to this issue, and not getting fix is really irritating for the amount I paid for the last two months

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have been experiencing the same issues with both Photoshop and Lightroom Classic since the dreadful March updates (Ides of March? pun intended.). I was close to cancel my subscription, having tried all the suggested fixes made by Adobe Support and the Community. 

But I finally got both concoctions working back again.

Here is what I found:

My main machine is a Dell Inspiron 7000, it has an I7 CPU with four cores and eight threads, 16 Gb of RAM and Intel's 620 UHD integrated graphics. It also has two NVME SSDs. So, it is not a hot rod but also not a lame netbook.

I have been using Photoshop since version 3.01 was released in the nineties.

Adobe's software has featured bugs but (imho) never in this massive scale.

After exhausting online resources, I contacted Adobe Support. The guy that took my case did the usual stuff:

• Disable GPU acceleration support
  • Downgrade Lightroom and Photoshop to the last stable version
  • Verify that Adobe's related files and folders permissions were correctly assigned.
  • Create new catalogs and re imported photos.
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled the apps
  • And finally quit.

So, I had to solve it by my own means.

I started by checking Windows logs through the Event Viewer and the Systems Maintenance and Repair tools, they are available in Windows' Control Panel. The crashes were reported as Lightroom.exe has stopped interacting with the system, app crash and the number 1002 were also included in the logs.

I run the apps with Task Manager running to get more clues.

I found that when the apps stopped working, the dynamicmedialink server had also crashed.

The dinamicmedialink server app apparently is used by Adobe's apps to interact with each other.

I searched for its location and found that the directory structure of Adobe's apps was a real mess. I had tons of remaining files from previous versions, some plugins were in older CC folders and other in newer ones, etc.

I had heard about Adobe's command line total app removal tool, so I searched for it, downloaded, and then proceeded to uninstall everything Adobe related.

After that, I run the tool again since it seemed to miss some folders.

And finally, I deleted manually every Adobe related folder.

Then I disconnected my second monitor from the HDMI port in my Dell. I also disconnected the USB 3.0 hub which also had a HDMI port that I had tried to get a three-display system a few days before.

Then I uninstalled Intel's GPU drivers (asking Windows to delete them in the process.). I rebooted the Dell, and then reinstalled the latest Intel GPU drivers from Intel's website.

Then I rebooted the laptop into Windows Safe Mode and ran Photoshop and Lightroom. They run perfectly, although at a glacial speed. But I took care to disable GPU acceleration in Safe Mode.

I rebooted into Standard Mode, checked run the apps and found that both had re-enabled GPU support. I disabled it again. After that, both Photoshop and Lightroom started to work fine again. 

I did all this brouhaha on past weekend, and I have been evaluating the apps doing things like multi-image merging, HRD merging, image enhancing, doing mask adjustments, batch exporting tasks and applying filters, selecting subjects creating dozens of layers, etc. Without a glitch.

I really don't know what the origin of the March update bug was, but again, imho, it must be related to the dynamicmedialink server and the way folders are handled in updates.

So, my final solution was:

• Use the Adobe cleaning tool to zap any file and folder that could be Adobe related.
  • Perform a clean install of the latest graphics drivers.
  • Run Adobe apps in Safe mode and with a single display for test purposes.
  • Reboot and disable GPU acceleration in both Apps.
  • Reconnect the second monitor if neccesary.
  • Take a cup of coffee with croissants. 

This worked for me. You can try these steps and check if they work for you.

So far, I am photoshoping and lighrooming like a junkie. I suppose it is due to Adobe's withdrawal syndrome.

Your mileage may vary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is infuriating -- every time I increase image size the app crashes and I lose all my work -- this has costs me countless hours and I still am not learning my lesson because it didnt use to do this until this past year.... Beyond infuriating at having to redo my work again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines