• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

recent files missing

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried going into the preferences after looking at the answers on here to find the solution, but there was a change in the general setting from there being a check mark to something called; " show start work space when no documents are present ". I've updated yesterday and since opening today to do some stuff I havent been able to see my recent drawings in a small thumbnail. Now I'm not the best at being organized or naming files and what not so im just wondering if there is something to change this feature. Thank you and have a nice day.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

I've had to go back to v22.1.1 in order to get it back!  Wow...C'mon Adobe...it's like you don't use your own product.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Hurrahhhh, the recent file thumbnails are back!  Obviously a glitch in the new update which Adobe have now rectified. 

Now I just need to get Liquify to work without having to hold down the Alt key first (so far none of the suggested fixes have worked).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 119 Replies 119
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Art By Willie Mayfield wrote:

What happened to your work button...

Are you thinking of Photoshop for iPad?

472A24CB-C6B3-498F-982F-E6F62FA26209.jpeg

We seem to be confused. Can you show a screen shot of what you are actually seeing? Maybe we can figure out what you are looking for.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just adding m'self to this long list of users who are disconcerted that the latest update has removed our most joyous first page of thumbnails we get to see and select to work on.
Loved that screen... seeing all the files I've been working on... right there.
Loved it! Miss it!

WHY???!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are talking about the Home Screen you can set that in Preferences/General Auto Show Home Screen...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While Kevin's statement is accurate, it's not addressing the actual issue of the home screen no longer showing recently used files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunately, 22.4.3 has the issue! I've tried all the various workarounds and have not found anyway to bring it back currently. 

Argh, this was one of the recent additions that I thought was really helpful. Having it disappear again is... frustrating to say the least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated to the latest version of Photshop CC2021 on my Macbook Pro running Big Sur OS

I have noticed on opening PSD and the home page apperars, the Recents tabs of previous work I have done, are now missing.

Is this a problem with the llatest update or do I need to activate sometimg?

The tab in Preferences / General / Shw Recent Files Workspace When Opening A File,    is no longer there?

Please advise

Mitch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mitch,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Is the application opening directly with the toolbar to the left or do you see the home screen but not the Recents panel?

Would you mind checking the suggestion offered in this discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem/recent-files-missing/td-p/12196713/page/2 and let us know if that helps?

If the issue persists, you can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop manually using the steps mentioned here: Preferences

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: Migrate presets, actions, and settings

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to Adobe, they are aware of the Issue.

Attached are 2 images [1] what PSD loks like and

[2 Illustrator] what it should look like, just like illustrator

Really frustrating, it is as if Adobe don't know their products

Also in Preferences, 'Show Recent Files Workspace When Opening A File' tick box is missing from Preference / General.    It was there before recent update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

W10, 22.4.3 - Home Screen, Your Work - No thumbnails of recent work as eveyone here is saying. Just spent 3 hours with Adobe support both chat line and then almost 2 hours with remote access. Got nowhere then he just abandoned me. After the 3 hours I really can't afford the time to read everything above but one might have expected some testing before release. Oh, perhaps support should be appraised of the issue soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having this issue in 22.4.3 on Windows 10. Recent files still accessible via the File > Open Recent menu, but the thumbnails sure were more convenient. Hopefully Adobe brings this back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hurrahhhh, the recent file thumbnails are back!  Obviously a glitch in the new update which Adobe have now rectified. 

Now I just need to get Liquify to work without having to hold down the Alt key first (so far none of the suggested fixes have worked).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just coming here to say the same thing! Yay recent files are back! Finally! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys I am a Student and a Full-time freelance digital artist ..
Some times My computer getting slow and then I restarts it , All the Photoshop recent files are missing , also the settings resets itself. I bought the product for better use .. if I am wrong solve me this annoying problem ! 
thank you !

[remarks removed by moderator - please refrain or you'll be banned]

3.png2.png1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do realize you've admitted to stealing software on the company's site right?

Sounds like your cracked version is affecting your current version.

Here is a site that can help:

https://www.adobe.com/trust/fraud-prevention.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Pirate_FTW 

There is a glitch in this version with showing recents in the Home Screen, although the do show up in File > Recents, but first let's address the other issue. Try this:

As for the Recent File not appearing on the Home Screen, this is a reported bug in the current version. Do the recent files appear in File > Recent?

There is a thread on the feedback forum that the developers will see and you can add your comments to Adobe here

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/recent-work-not-showing-home-page-has-nothing...     

Until Adobe fixes the bug, you can:

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe fixed it with a now update of the Creative a Cloud app!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't see any updates over here. frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my CC to update automatically, and usually does so overnight. Often I don't even see an update that's been applied. It's just "there". Any chance you have yours set up the same way and it's actually been updated?

Apple Studio (M1 Max), 1 TB SSD, 32 GB RAM, Wacom Cintiq 24 Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind. I just checked and the Recent thumbnails are back. I guess we're a day or two behind up here. lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<LOL> I'm a Canuck as well. Electrons get delayed going through Customs at the border 😄  .

Apple Studio (M1 Max), 1 TB SSD, 32 GB RAM, Wacom Cintiq 24 Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines