• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the Weekend - Part 165 - Conely You

Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave is having a well earned rest this week, so for this weeks challenge we have a cone, what can you make with it.

The “rules”:

* Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc

* Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert. This is not just for our forum "regulars".

* There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

* The starter image is made available for you to use in this forum challenge only.

To download the image below at full size, hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right. Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser).

cone2.png

When posting back your image – please use the blue reply button in this first post. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun

Ged

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 166 Replies 166
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder what you would see through such a telescope? 🙂

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it is worth, this edit was made way easier because of the new(ish) Free Transform > Warp feature.  I just Ctrl click the area I need to move, and drag it into place.  The way I approach an edit like this is to select the man's right arm and shoulder, and copy to a new layer, and rotate around the shoulder.  I then Ctrl clicked the new arm position to load as a selection, and stroked that selection with a bright colour, and that showed exactly where I needed to make good under the arm.  The same thing with the man's left arm, but this time in two stages making the forearm separate.  IMO that gives a more natural hinge at the elbow than usiong Puppet Warp.  FT Warp filled in the gaps.  The back of the man's head and ear came from another picture of course.

Those naysayers, who insist CS6 is all they need, have no idea what they are missing, because there are so many new features that speed up our workflows, and older features that now work so much better.  

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Classic Trevor 😀

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm beginning to think I've got "Something for the Weekend" madness, I mean fancy producing something like this!

GEDsCone.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what can happen when you post to the same threads as Ged Derek.  I'm imagining lens reviews where they describe the bokeh as having a Dave like quality.  People would pay a lot of money for  lens like that.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like the way you introduced my favourite animal and I'm not talking about Dave 😁

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW165Cone.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very clever Bob!

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great idea Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW165ConeJL.jpg

After color settings have been on your mind all day, and then you decide to go out for a nice drive in the country….

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jain, I am almost tempted to suggest disabling Native Canvas or updating your video card driver (come back Chris Cox — all is forgiven) 😉  I love the pickup truck, (or ute as Euan, Graham and myself would call it)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah no @Trevor.Dennis  here is a a Scottish UTE

attachment.jpg

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a champ, Euan! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lol, Trevor, exactly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Love that Jain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha, thanks @Ged_Traynor, We were driving on a shady road a few months back and my brain had a “color freeze” moment where everything turned duotone. Then last week, someone mentioned taking this hue test, so all this was on my mind. My original idea was to animate the scene, but I set my timer for 45 minutes and that flew by!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had to have a go at the hue test

2022-06-28 15_39_35-Window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-06-28 at 11.13.09 AM.jpg

Almost got it...not bad for a 70 year-old man, is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good job! I got 2 the first time and 0 the second time, once I knew where my weakness was!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane,

I love the base image and would like to see it in it's original form.

It reminds me very much of one of my favourite nature images of Halnaker here in the UK.

Halnaker.jpg

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I didn't have to think about this one at all. There's a famous statue of the Duke of Wellington outside the Gallery of Modern Art in Glasgow.

It ALWAYS has a cone on his head. If the authorities remove it, it'll be back in hours.

Kind of an institution thereabouts. Much more difficult to get a picture without the cone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equestrian_statue_of_the_Duke_of_Wellington,_Glasgow

Duke-of-Wellington-blur.jpg

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Euan, you have got me worried now talking about Glasgow.  Are you in Oz or Scotland?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, Scotland in Dundee - see profile 🙂

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So who is the other Oz poster (other than Graham NSS Norway)?  I don't remember a @bruce

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines