Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the Weekend - Part 171 - Misty Nights

Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks to all who took part in our piggy bank challenge. There were some great ideas and images.

For this week, I've set a scene for you. 'Twas a dark and misty night in old London town....... but what happened next?

The “rules”:

* Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc

* Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert. This is not just for our forum "regulars".

* There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

* The starter image is made available for you to use in this forum challenge only.

To download the image below at full size, hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right. Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW171MistyNight.jpg

When posting back your image – please use the blue reply button in this first post. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 136 Replies 136
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick, blow the health and safety whistle before someone comes along and starts a game of whack-a-mole!

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick, blow the health and safety whistle before someone comes along and starts a game of whack-a-mole!

Dave

By @davescm

I should have put a helmet on… 😉

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A legend...

SFTW171MistyNight JE01.jpg

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A legend indeed Jane ! 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's why I'm waiting with my camera…

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think some Corgis would be a great addition to your project, Jane. I have the perfect model for you lying on my feet...

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Send me a pup pic, @Barb Binder — and please mask out the background first! 😊

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent one, but don't feel like you need to add Lucy. I liked your image, just the way it was.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is such a beautiful image, I had to place it on the wall of the foyer.

SFTW171MistyNight submitted.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Careful that the mist doesn't leave damp on the wall 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had moment of utter stupidity looking at your picture Bob.  I was looking at the lighting and thinking that the table was shot with on axis flash, and for a moment I wondered why there was no flare on the picture or its frame!  🙂  When I expanded the image (I've not been up long and my old eyes don't work so well first thing in the morning) I could see that the table and plant had been cut out, but I am not entirely sure which elements are from the same image.

The visible perspective lines are too short (table) and a little blurred (floorboards) to be 100% accurate, but I am thinking the difference between table and floor is just a touch more than that would account for, so is the table and plant from a different image from the floor? (Perspective lines from Lazy Nezumi Pro's Vanishing Lines preset) We can see that the plant has been cut out, but its shadow on the table is perfect so kudos to you if you added the plant to the table. 

It's a lovely idea and I love how respectful it is to our Dave.  He does do a lovely render.  We had a recent email discussion about camera club and Photographic Society competition and Exhibition entries.  Here in NZ we are allowed up to 30% by area to be computer generated, but with the quality of Dave's renders, we were wondering how on earth a judge would know?

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another street, or two, or three; six changes

ClickRightClick to get closer, Click again to get closer still

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE-FR-SFTW171MistyNight-EDNA.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hahaha Leslie!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edna is pretty good 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh that's brilliant !! 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So funny Leslie.  You always give us something to smile about.  I love that her necklace is hanging as it should for the scene.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cumil The Sewer Worker from Bratislava just popped up!

2022-09-21-SFTW171MistyNight-Edit.jpg

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hah!  I spent several seconds staring at the manhole cover on the lower right third waiting for Cumil.  I was thinking this is a frame animation, but that's one heck of a delay on frame one.  (I don't see so well first thing in the morning. )  Having seen it in my head, I had to do it.

Mist-animation.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so funny - I wish I had the talent / skill to attempt it... 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so clever, Trevor! I had to look up Čumil.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if anyone has tripped over him?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our local guide in Bratislava said Cumil has had to be repaired numerous times after being run over - he's right on the edge of a curb at a street corner. They erected a pole right next to him to prevent cars from crashing into him...and yet he's still smiling. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My goodness Jill.  I had not realised that you are local to Bratislava.  There are a great many things to use Photoshop on in that part of the world.  You are only an hour from Vienna — have you ever seen Gabriel Allon restoring one of the paintings there?   Assuming you are in Slovakia, your country has a border with Ukraine.  I'm sure we all hope things settle down eventually for you and that you stay safe.  500 kilometres is precious little when you are talking about the possibility of nuclear power station accidents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines