• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 18 - The clock tower.

Community Expert ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This weeks image is the famous clock tower, known as Elizabeth's Tower, at the Palace of Westminster in London which houses the UK parliament. The tower was built between 1843 and 1859 and contains the "Great Clock" and "Big Ben" which is the large bell for the clock chimes.
At the moment visitors will not see the full tower as both the tower and the clock are undergoing renovation and so the tower is surrounded by scaffold.

I am sure the renovations will be true to the original but I wondered what "improvements" our Photoshop users would make to the tower. So this weekends challenge is simple - show us what changes you can make to the tower.

Anything goes as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.

Anyone is welcome to have a go - whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.

There are no prizes - just the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun.

When posting back your edited images please use jpeg and downsize to 1200px on the long side. 

To download the image below without the forum scaling artefacts, right click and then use Save Image As / Save Picture As (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW18ClockTower.jpg

Have fun

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can see Dave a lot of thought went into this one

SFTW18ClockTower1.jpg

oops you said improvements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't know Donald Trump had started his visit to London already? Are Stormy Daniels and Robert Mueller flying the bi-planes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one screamed Content-Aware Scale right off the bat. Not very creative, I know, but I couldn't help myself. This is what it did:

SFTW18ClockTower_CAS.jpg

I know, it brings back unpleasant memories...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha - off to a quick start this weekend.

Ged - I was thinking of the Kong theme earlier when I posted this. Good to see you got in and got it done !

Dag - last week you sacrificed an Eizo - this week our parliament building, what's next...

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A gift for the homesick Brits at Pluto Colony.

Week018.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love Fridays—these are great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I heard that Schools are removing analogue clocks from exam halls as teenagers 'cannot tell the time'

I kind of imagined this would be the logical next step.

MillenialClockTower.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice work Gene and Rista.

Rista, I hope some of our politicians have joined the rocket journey.

Gene, I just read that link. Oh dear....

Sorry for replying late. Something strange happened in Northern England today. The sky turned blue and contained a golden orb.  It is said that satellite cameras have been dazzled by the reflections from pure white skin as everyone shouted 'shirts off!'    Tomorrow's forum will be inundated with questions on how to remove the bright red skin areas on tonight's selfies..... .

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm  wrote

Gene, I just read that link. Oh dear....

Dave

It is from the Daily Telegraph...and I'm not sure how reliable that is among the British reading public.

US Talk Show host Jimmy Kimmel did a "unscientific survey" and questioned some young people in the streets. Not an uncommon thing among some young people.

Kids Can't Tell Time Anymore - YouTube

I did read up on the temps, and it does seem like you got some "California weather", that is 25-30 C and a good RH of 40-60%. I hope you enjoy it.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If only the file size could have been 1.21mb

doc.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess Plutonium isn't available in the local drugstores there, either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our politicians often behave like children, so I thought we ought to give them something to play on...

SFTW18ClockTowerSlide.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has something happened to this thread?  I'm sure when I looked earlier there was a black and white image from Ged and a comment on it from Dag. Now I see neither

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed there was! A nice vintage postcard from Ged, and a subsequent comment from me. Poof...

Did a moderator trip while getting coffee, and hit the wrong button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a good job it wasn't in the middle of the conspiracy theory discussion a couple of weeks ago !

Ged Traynor  If you get the chance, repost your image.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Ged exposed MI5's secret code for operation Pussyfoot - that's when they spike the tapwater with hallucinogenic drugs to make the general population see uniformed police as sweet fluffy kittens and take them home.

I just hope Ged made it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think what's needed to bring this into the modern age is a bit of bling. So let's gold plate it .....

SFTW18ClockTowerBling.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would immediately be nicknamed the London Trump Tower. Heck, he might want to move in. Very convincing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/D+Fosse  wrote

This would immediately be nicknamed the London Trump Tower. Heck, he might want to move in.

I hadn't thought of that !   Forget the gold plating ...

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, you want to be careful. Don't make it look like a hospitable habitat for him. You only have two months to remove all the bling...don't let him see the Buckingham palace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries. Every time Trump talks about a trip to England, reports come across the pond of the massive protests that are being planned by British citizens and then he comes up with a flimsy excuse as to why he has to call off the trip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jane-e  wrote

No worries. Every time Trump talks about a trip to England, reports come across the pond of the massive protests that are being planned by British citizens and then he comes up with a flimsy excuse as to why he has to call off the trip.

I'm going to the demonstration against Trump on the 13th July, Jane, but expect it to be a damp squib. The visit is only for 20 hours but they'll fly him around London by helicopter to stop him seeing the protests. The British police will probably evoke powers they were given originally to prevent terrorism where they 'cage' protestors up in large London Squares. They did it when the Chinese President came here a few years ago-it's completely undemocratic, but England is a democracy in name only now. The funny thing is if Melania was here on a visit she'd get a very warm welcome and nobody would complain as she is admired and liked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, that's where Operation Pussyfoot comes in...

Where's The Clash now that we need them?

clash_london_calling.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

terris86415680  wrote

The funny thing is if Melania was here on a visit she'd get a very warm welcome and nobody would complain as she is admired and liked.

the poor girl has suffered enough

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines