• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 47 - Mind your head!

Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

We had a great response to last week's treasure chest challenge. So many people filled the chest with gold that I though we would set this week's challenge in an old gold mine.

I've created the mine for you, what will you do with it? Will you create the miners, add the gold, or use it for something else entirely?

Anything goes as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.

Anyone and everyone is welcome to have a go - whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.

There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

When posting back your edited images please use jpeg and downsize to 1200px on the long side.

To download the image below in jpeg format with ICC color profile (sRGB) and without the forum scaling artefacts , right click and then use Save Image As /Save Target As (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW47Mine.jpg

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Trevor - nice job (and tutorial) on the glowworms. Those 5 pointed stars can be done quite nicely with Brush symmetry - particularly if you are just doing a few.  You also made a GIF - I don't think this is Golam's first appearance in SFTW
Dean scary dragon - no wonder Humpty looks shocked
Jacob - I hadn't realised the tunnel was in a pyramid !

Jerry - that looks cold. NIce touch with the extended danger notice!

Derek and original take on the tunnel entrance - I've been portrayed as , and called, lots of things in my time - but a set of tonsils is a first

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm  wrote

Derek and original take on the tunnel entrance - I've been portrayed as , and called, lots of things in my time - but a set of tonsils is a first

Hah!  I  wasn't getting that, but it is obvious after you say it.   Just to totally put people off whatever meal they might be eating, I now have a mind picture of the business end of an endoscope peeping out of the back of that throat. I don't like to think  about the route it would have taken to get there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to keep health class honest, Tonsils come in twos - one for each side.

You, Dave, represent the Uvula if memory serves... : +) JH

Uvula
Tonsils diagram.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah well that's OK then. I thought I was being called a tonsil

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm  wrote

Ah well that's OK then. I thought I was being called a tonsil

Uvula

But you are happy to henceforth be Uvula — The Artist Formally Known as Dave?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well done, Trevor.Dennis, this is perfect!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Trevor.Dennis​, I just remembered this video about Leona Chin. If I am driving that cart, this is the way to do it!

'Girl Drifter' Race Driver Freaks Out Instructors In Prank : The Two-Way : NPR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy hour, come join me!

SFTW47Mine 1200 JE.jpg

EDIT: Because the wine label is hard to read:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Trevor - I am happy with the artist known as anything at all. As for the hair.....

Chana - Excellent - the outside and the inside of the tunnel. I want one of those Adobe mugs !

Jane - Bison grass vodka and wine  - I'll be there !!

Some great entries this week, thanks to all who took part. I'll post a new challenge tomorrow.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jane-e  wrote

For Trevor.Dennis , I just remembered this video about Leona Chin. If I am driving that cart, this is the way to do it!

'Girl Drifter' Race Driver Freaks Out Instructors In Prank : The Two-Way : NPR

Jane that made me laugh out loud.  The lady instructor was priceless, screaming in pure terror. 

I've seen a few of this sort of disguised driver pranks, but in my part of the world, this one involving V8 legend Greg Murphy takes the prize.  Greg would be like Scott Dixon to Americans, except that Scott is a Kiwi as well.  (I enjoyed that last wee snippet ).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor.Dennis  wrote

I've seen a few of this sort of disguised driver pranks, but in my part of the world, this one involving V8 legend Greg Murphy takes the prize. 

That’s great, Trevor, I love it, and by the way there’s room in that cart for you and every one else on this thread to jump in the back seat. It’s headed for LA and will get there in November, just in time for Adobe MAX!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines