Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 63 - Spring

Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This coming week brings us the first days of Spring in the northern hemisphere. So, I thought we should have a suitable spring-time image to start off the weekend. This is Thorp Perrow, near Bedale in North Yorkshire, England.

What will you with it do to mark the beginning of spring?

Anything goes as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.

Anyone and everyone is welcome to have a go - whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.

There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

When posting back your edited images please use jpeg and downsize to 1200px on the long side. This is to stop the thread slowing down when lots of images are added.

To download the image below in jpeg format with ICC color profile (sRGB) and without the forum scaling artefacts , right click and then use Save Image As /Save Target As (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW63Spring.jpg

Have fun

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure how many people outside the US will know who Bob Ross is, but I couldn't resist.

Bob-Ross 01.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Jacob - you are fast this week with our first image. Will they find the mice?

Bob - Excellent ! We do know Bob Ross here in the UK and I am sure he is responsible for many people picking up a brush and having a go.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Daffodils!!!

SFTW63Spring 1200 JE.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My dogs, catching their breath after a long spring hike.

Dave, your image is a welcome reminder that spring is coming. We are up to our eyeballs in snow at the moment. I feel like I will never see flowers with my own eyes again.

spring.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BarbBinder  wrote

We are up to our eyeballs in snow at the moment. I feel like I will never see flowers with my own eyes again.

It's 71° here, Barb — the windows are open and the daffodils are just starting to bloom!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's crazy talk!

~b

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jane-e  wrote

It's 71° here, Barb — the windows are open and the daffodils are just starting to bloom!

I am soooooo jealous!

--OB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Jane - I hope the bike rider will be careful not to squash the daffodils. I too am jealous of those temperatures.

Barb - Happy dogs - I like them !

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe it is time to rush to 九州 (Kyūshū) and then northeast for 花見, (Hanami), to enjoy the 桜 (Sakura), (long over in 沖縄諸島 (Okinawa Shotō)).

The Bloom of Cherry Blossoms 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...or Washington, D.C. where they are expected to be in bloom along the Tidal Basin April 1-5.

https://cherryblossomwatch.com/peak-bloom-forecast/

I had a Yoshino cherry tree in my back yard until a few years ago when it died. It was a great climbing tree, and I miss it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Week063.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spring is in the air

This is going to haunt you all day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha Spring has Sprung.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW63Spring 2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that grazing, especially daffodils, can make even the biggest dog sleepy, Leslie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes haha! And it doesn't take much to make Pepper take a nap. She's an expert at relaxing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe that is a hint of the hidden meaning behind the old name daffadowndillies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Spring is bigger!

Week063_II.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait I should've put daffodils in front of her:

DOG SFTW63Spring.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW63Spring 1c.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW63_Hi_Spring.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines