Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 63 - Spring

Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This coming week brings us the first days of Spring in the northern hemisphere. So, I thought we should have a suitable spring-time image to start off the weekend. This is Thorp Perrow, near Bedale in North Yorkshire, England.

What will you with it do to mark the beginning of spring?

Anything goes as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.

Anyone and everyone is welcome to have a go - whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.

There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

When posting back your edited images please use jpeg and downsize to 1200px on the long side. This is to stop the thread slowing down when lots of images are added.

To download the image below in jpeg format with ICC color profile (sRGB) and without the forum scaling artefacts , right click and then use Save Image As /Save Target As (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW63Spring.jpg

Have fun

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine are too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You can make a composite using your own images or those sourced under license terms which allow such use e.g. the  terms on Pixabay.   Although not obliged to do so, if I use those in a composite here I reference the source out of courtesy.

The starting images are my own (except where another ACP has supplied and allowed use and that is credited in the original post)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2019 Mar 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding some of the weather we're having on this end at the moment.

SFTW63SpringRain.jpg

For those interested, I added rain by
- Adding a black layer.
- Added noise to that layer and scaled up.

- Changed the blend to screen.
- Added motion blur
- Played around with levels, brightness, contrast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Ponytail - there'll be no daffodills left once Bambi has finished them off ! I love the bath cartoon, the dog with the snorkel is a great touch.

Jacob - moths or butterflies ?

Nancy - nice one and spot on for this weekend!

Dean - that looks more like today's spring weather. We might have to have a "change the weather" challenge on weekend.

Great ideas and there is still time for more.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, cinnabar moths on ragwort.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor, we in the USA are also talking about permanent DST.

Since we still have some weekend left and I made Bambi's sister way too small. here she is again but with a Daffodil Hat:

SFTW63Spring DEER2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is Thorp Perrow, near Bedale in North Yorkshire, England.

Oh, bees all over! Thorp Perrow must be one of those places that doesn't breed scentless (but pretty) daffodils!

My backyard is a certified wildlife habitat and certified Monarch Waystation because we have planted mostly for the birds, bees, bugs, and butterflies.

https://honeybeesuite.com/who-pollinates-the-daffodils/

~ Jane

SFTW63Spring 1200 Bees JE.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A tribute to Barry (anyone remember him).

SFTW63SpringBee.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Dean+Utian  wrote

A tribute to Barry (anyone remember him).

I thought he had a much bigger nose than that.

I was going to tempt people with a BM video, but that would be way too cruel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the girls go for guys with a hairy tummy... and the jumper

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor.Dennis  wrote

I thought he had a much bigger nose than that.

I was referring to Barry B Benson, The Bee Movie bee

Barry B. Benson | Dreamworks Animation Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

I now see he does resemble the other Barry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Impending Doom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come visit and see the flowers!!   Super Bloom California !!SFTW63Spring.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2019 Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chanaart  wrote

Come visit and see the flowers!!   Super Bloom California !!

Chana, that is a delightful image.  I take it they are twins? 

We have been reading about the Super Bloom and the 50,000 tourists who descended on Walker Canyon to see the spectacle.  The poor locals don't know what has hit them!

Super bloom tourists cause small town 'safety crisis' - BBC News

It seems like visitors were hard pressed to find a square yard to sit and take selfies for their Instagram pages.

In my opinion the media missed the big story, because that is clearly Big Foot in the upper right corner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible that you won't find all of these in your book of insects.

SFTW63SpringFlies Jane.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This wasn't made in Photoshop, but the moderators said it was cool to post it here in the challenge. Also, I'm new here, so hello!

(You might want to lower your volume a bit, in case it's blasting like mine was.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Jane - I see you sneaked your logo butterly in there

Heather - Welcome to SFTW. Nice clip , I hope you will join us for future challenges.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heather711  wrote

This wasn't made in Photoshop, but the moderators said it was cool to post it here in the challenge. Also, I'm new here, so hello!

(You might want to lower your volume a bit, in case it's blasting like mine was.)

We have _got_ to get into using more video in these threads.   Just for the sound it's worth the effort, but movement is so much nicer than with frame animations.  Heather, I think you have started something here, and it does not  even impact on Adobe's bandwidth or server space.  A win win if ever there was one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well done Heather. Beautiful work.

What did you use to create it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dean! Believe it or not, it's an option available in Microsoft's default Photos app. The options for video editing in Photos are very limited, but they offer these neat 3D effects that you can just drop into your video or picture. The butterflies are the coolest one that I saw, but they also have fireworks, autumn leaves, balloons, bubbles, confetti, "heart sparkles", a comet, and several other effects.

Thanks for the welcome, Dave, and thank you to Jane for inviting me to join the challenge (Love your butterflies pic, Jane. I didn't mean to be posting a butterfly video right after your butterfly post. I hope that didn't come across the wrong way.)

I'm glad you like the video-pic idea, Trevor. It's fun to make stuff like this. Taking a photo and adding animated stickers to it can be cool looking too. The Line Camera app is good for that if you don't mind buying some of the animated stamps from their store. A few sets are available for free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Jacob - you seem to be taking over from Ged, what with the griaffe and all

Thanks to all who took part this week. The new weekend challenge will be up soon.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heather711  wrote

Thanks for the welcome, Dave, and thank you to Jane for inviting me to join the challenge (Love your butterflies pic, Jane. I didn't mean to be posting a butterfly video right after your butterfly post. I hope that didn't come across the wrong way.)

Hi Heather,

If you look closer, they were dragonflies ā€” except for my avatar in the corner, which norman.sandersā€‹ has kindly told me multiple times that I really need to change (heā€™s right). Welcome to SFTW, Heather, and I like your butterflies!

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is important for you to know why the pretty jane-eā€‹ avatar is clearly inappropriate, you should really get out more. If you are a monarch butterfly, that is another matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I had to look it up , but now I've done so it is amazing what you learn on SFTW!

The new challenge is up and running :

Something for the weekend - Part 64 - Pulp Fiction

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines