• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Step and Repeat not working photoshop 2022

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Step and Repeat used to work with shape layers. Recently i updated my pc for work and the step and repeat function no longer works unless i rasterize the shape layer which isnt desirable for the effect im achieving since im scaling up. 

My version of photoshop upon doing the step and repeat keyboard shortcut,  ill see a blue path outline for the shape upon each step and repeat that i activate. The only workaround i found was changing the pathfinder options, but it makes each shape on the same layer which isnt ideal. The old version of step and repeat made each shape layer separate. 

Ideas or suggestions?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you do your initial transform on a duplicate layer? If so, Your "Transform Again" option should work - Shift+Opt/Alt+Cmd/Ctrl+T (Step and Repeat and Pathfinder are Illustrator terms).
I did have a new issue in Transform again not working by my usual drag - it seemed to definitely want to be in Free Transform mode for the first transformation. Hope this helps.

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything works fine on Windows 11, Ps version 23.2.2.

You are reporting that Photoshop is duplicating path on the same layer when path outline is selected and that is normal. Without path outline selected Photoshop will start creating new layers and repeat transformation. To deselect path outline try to press Enter then Ctrl + Alt + T > transform shape and confirm using Enter (outline should dissapear) then later press all modifiers + T to repeat.

Perhaps you have some vector tool active in the Toolbox? Activate Move tool. for example, then try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will double check that im hitting enter. I'll give that a try while im at work today. 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No dice just gave it a shot and still getting the same result. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which tool is active when trying with step and repeat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure if the following will help or not, however, I have updated the following script to support vector layers:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/creating-duplicate-images-for-multi-p...

step_repeat_1-3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines