• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Toggle Preserve Transparency Shortcut toggles Layer Lock instead

Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop 23.4.1 using Windows 10, the "Tools -> Toggle Preserve Transparency" keyboard shortcut does not work as intended anymore. Instead of toggling preserve transparency, it toggles the layer lock ("Panel Menus -> Layers -> Lock Layers ..."). We tried reverting to 23.3.2, and the issue was gone. This seems to be a bug that was newly introduced with 23.4.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

I forgot to mention that I'm using a German keyboard, so this shortcut doesn't work for me. I've also customized the key already anyway. And CMD = CTRL on Windows, right?

Curiously enough, this morning the shortcut seems to work again as it should. I wonder what caused the issue? Especially since my colleague experienced it on his PC first, so there's definitely something strange going on. We'll keep an eye on it to see if the problem returns.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm on a 2020 iMac (Monterey 12.4).

Ever since I updated to the "new and improved" photoshop, I keep having issues with PS deselecting things I have selected. 

I will be using the zoom tool, and then press my shortcut to get the Clone Stamp Tool, and PS will automatically and immediately go back to Zoom. I will then click S again to initiate Clone Stamp, but it will keep reverting back to Zoom. 

This problem has happened often and not only with Zoom and Clone Stamp. 

I thought this was a problem with my keyboards keys perhaps being stuck, but if I go into my toolbox on the left and click on Clone Stamp with the cursor, then the selection stays. 

This seems to only happen with shortcuts, and only since the update. 
It is ruining my workflow and is absolutely f%")&$g annoying!!!

Fix this. 
Why is it that every version of PS gets more and more buggy...? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Oliver H Photo, sorry you are seeing this. Testing here and it seems to be working as intended.  Would it be possible for you to share a video of your workflow and what you are seeing?

Also, 

Let's make sure we're in a default state and there are no stale settings somewhere: 

Restore your preferences using this manual method:  

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually  

Does it work correctly? 

If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back. 

If it does solve the problem, I would like to get the folder of settings to try and figure out what is bad with them. 

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Immediately after upgrading to Photoshop 23.4.1, the keyboard tool shortcuts no longer function. If I type the shortcut, PS will select the tool, but when I release the key, the selection will jump back to the previous tool. I manually reset my PS Preferences; no change there.

iMac, Mac OS Big Sur 11.6.7.

A solution would be most appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious if you have tried changing the springboard keyboard shortcuts time? By default it is set to 200ms which is what it has been for years so if that doesn't work for your workflow, increase the timing or uncheck that option so that spring-loaded keyboard shortcuts are disabled if that fits your workflow.

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-06-21 at 12.51.36 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @CoryShubert , the exact same thing as @Oliver H Photo  is happening to me here.
Monterey 12.4 and photoshop 23.4.1. It seems that mine keep changing constantly the eraser and brush, but I also noticed that other tools are failing.

Obviously the workflow is now a mess and very annoying.
I'v tryed your sugestion (...in a default state and there are no stale settings somewhere:

Restore your preferences using this manual method:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually ...)

AND DOEN'T WORK, keeps working the same.
I need a solution, is any way to back forward with a bersion that work correctly? This is happening to me about 10-15 days ago, But I'm noticed that with time this is working worst and worst.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @mr.bwcat, have you rolled back to 23.3.2 to see how it works for you?  

Close Photoshop
Restart the computer
Use the Adobe Creative Cloud App to uninstall Photoshop
Restart the computer
Install Photoshop 23.3.2 via the Creative Cloud App without launching any other programs.
Restart the computer
LaunchPhotoshop
Wait 5 minutes... does the error persist?

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2022 Jun 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this started randomly last night and I now have to double-click keyboard shortcuts for them to work correctly. for instance, to switch between the lasso and the brush tool I would usually just have to tap the L key or the B key but now to have the tool stay I have to double-tap the key. I tried resetting photoshop and this did not work as well as trying a different keyboard to see if it was a hardware issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2022 Jun 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you restart your computer?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Hannes Drexl, curious what happens if you :

1. Create a new layer
  2. Type /     (Lock transparency pixels)
  3. Type /     (Unlock transparency pixels)
Then,
  1. Create a new layer
  2. Type Cmd+/   (Lock all)
  3. Type /    (Unlock all)
  4. Type /     (Lock all)

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention that I'm using a German keyboard, so this shortcut doesn't work for me. I've also customized the key already anyway. And CMD = CTRL on Windows, right?

Curiously enough, this morning the shortcut seems to work again as it should. I wonder what caused the issue? Especially since my colleague experienced it on his PC first, so there's definitely something strange going on. We'll keep an eye on it to see if the problem returns.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>This seems to be a bug that was newly introduced with 23.4.

This is not a bug, Everything works as it should be, just in a slightly different way.
Go to Layers -> Lock Layers... and tick an option you want to be active.

AlexSkramkov_0-1661039265317.png

Then continue your regular work and use shortcut  /  to toggle lock/unlock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines