• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Allow customization/hiding of the splash screen

Engaged ,
Nov 13, 2012 Nov 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously, put that in the preferences... It used to annoy me in the past... but now with the hideous CS6 splash screens it's simply a necessity.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 256 Replies 256
256 Comments
LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! The website at http://psccicon.azurewebsites.net/ is down! Is there a way to create our own data file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This specific image gives me horrible headaches and migraines, I shouldn't be forced to see any picture that hurts me, this is not right.

Allow us to put an image that helps us, or don't have an image there. It's that simple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's Lightroom team really need to get their s**t together. The whole program is getting heavier and heavier at each version. They still can't even get pinch-to-zoom right. Clipping path service

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect timing, don't you think? Anyway, whether Adobe took it down or a great coincidence happen there's still the same solution around.

This is the same tool but in a downloadable version:
https://medium.com/@nahoc/how-to-chan...

I'd keep a backup of the program in case another coincidence happens.

UPDATE: The pscciocn website is back up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you tried closing your eyes or looking away when you start the application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'Cause that's a reasonable solution - to not be able to have your eyes open in your work space while your tools boot up...  9_9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Darn. Just did a minor update to 19.1.1  AND GUESS WHAT?

She's BAAAAAACK!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hahahaha.. yeah. I already killed her... for the third time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, attacked by this sickening image again.

Praise be to whoever made that psccicon website.

Very disappointed that Adobe continues to ignore the request for a simple splashscreen toggle (like Lightroom has had for a while).

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Darn. Just did a minor update to 19.1.1  AND GUESS WHAT?

She's BAAAAAACK!!>

Yup. Customary to keep the same splash screen until the next full version, which will be. . . let me see. . . oh. . .  Photoshop CC. Names and Splash Screens—not the most important features—until they become THE features to trip us all up. LOL

If we get up to 10 pages on this one topic before then, do you think they'll let us customize it or turn it off?   '-}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay - simple simple solution for those of us who've done this already AND keep BACKUPS of files. 😉

I just dumped the 3 resource files that I successfully snagged last week  (which I had backed up in my Back Up Place) into the "resource" folder of the new 19.1.1 photoshop icon/package.   All is hap-happ-happy again here!  😄

(so another thought is, before updating make sure you copy your modified resource files BEFORE updating. Then just dump them back in after the update.)    

Or you can, as Cristen says above, wait until the next "number version" update of this fine old app.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On both of my pcs, I installed 19.1.1 then replaced the three files and when I booted next day Photoshop had error and had to reinstall it. She's BACK.
Will try with rerunning psccicon program again.
RONC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here I am as well, searching for some way to replace or disable a ghastly image of some lady with an odd expression...

Adobe, seriously, what is the point of these communities if you aren't responding?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The point is that these are user to user forums, not Adobe technical help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, Adobe staff does come here virtually daily and help out, but disliking the #MeToo lady doesn't require technical help, and any way we hack their software to swap out the image isn't something they should be helping us with. For Feature Requests they may or may not comment, but I think you can see that it really wouldn't be appropriate for them to say much about this particular request.

If you care, vote, (I don't see a whole lot of votes for all this is a very long thread) but I don't see that it matters if an Adobe Staff member addresses it, and it might be rude for them comment on something as much about personal taste as this is. I may not like the image personally, but I haven't heard a great argument yet for turning the Splash Screen image over to the individual user—I can only think of the fact that we all like to customize our workspaces. Every school book that had to be covered got the user's personal touch, and from that day on, we have liked to control what we have to look at.  '-}

That doesn't mean we have a particular right for a company to make us the Splash Screen artist. Adobe could equally point out that Splash Screens are part of the "branding" that every company creates, and not something for the user to have any say in, and they'd be just as right—although in my opinion, it's not a tradition that can't be reconsidered since it's hardly fatal if we do swap out the official release image.

I actually don't want to hide the Splash screen because it provides somewhat useful information when launching—I can at least see where it appears to be hanging if the launch is going too slowly. Change the image? I can go along with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I replaced the spin-disk drive on my iMac with a Solid State drive. Now Photoshop starts up so quickly that the splash screen hardly appears.  Eureka !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way for that to work on a Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that helps!! Thank you.

I put also picture to this answer:

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never used Macintosh but maybe the way you do it in Windows, so in properties of shortcut linked to photoshop.exe(app)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there way to keep splash screen but without an image (however I see it's one big image separated into 2 parts). I didn't check it yet fully but normally there are loading some settings during spash screen. Do they now though there's no splash screen, or they are not connected to that graphics but are read/set on their own? I'm asking as Ps launches now so fast

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be political. The woman is upset because her preferred candidate didn't win. The glass ceiling fell on her.  It's effective art, albeit cringe-worthy in a professional environment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done. (art by Luis Royo, but any image that fits can be put in there)

I dislike the Lightroom Classic 2018 splash even more than the Ps one, but it's easier to replace.

CC2018_Splash_Fix.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time there's an update, I hope against hope...  But, when I launch Photoshop again, "Aigh! My eyes! for the love of dog...!"

Votes

Translate

Translate