• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Allow customization/hiding of the splash screen

Engaged ,
Nov 13, 2012 Nov 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously, put that in the preferences... It used to annoy me in the past... but now with the hideous CS6 splash screens it's simply a necessity.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 256 Replies 256
256 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm... works for 2017CC  but 2018CC seems to need a different trick.   😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm... works for 2017CC  but 2018CC seems to need a different trick.   😞
(I'm in MacLand, fyi - maybe this is just a PC fix?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its worked for my 2018 version - Adobe Photoshop Version: 19.1.0 20180116.r.238 , im on windows 10 so i guess its just for windows and not Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me, on an iMac running Ps 2018 CC.
I did have to upload the files a couple of times before it finally went through.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid, at this point, I will have to insert the always-not-good-to-see "sad face" here.
😞
I followed the recipe, got the right files into the right spaces, and yet the greatly misunderstood and generally unwanted multi-coloured lady still haunts my screen. 

I think this calls for a bonus "whatever face".

😕 

P.S. in truth, if this issue is the worse problem I face today, I'll be okay.  😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There must be some error during the process or something, I'll try to explain the process better:

Go to your Applications folder, inside the photoshop folder there is the photoshop app:

Right click on it, then "Show package contents"

Then go to Contents>Resources and find the files shown on the website, copy these to your desktop and upload them to the website.

It will give you back a zip file with the unpacked contents of the files you uploaded, inside these folders just find the one with "splash" on its name, Finder will give you back TWO png's. Change both however you like and save them.

Then zip back all the files, the name of the zip doesn't matter.

Upload it to the website on the second option and it will give you back the 3 files you need to put back to your photoshop.app

Done!

This is mine (PS CC 2018):

If any doubt remain, just let me know.

Dnilo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Dnilo, thank you very much. It works on my Mac for CC 2018.
It's a relief for me !

Koenraad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now you can also customize the splash screen with Mac !

See here the comment of Dnilo : Photoshop: Allow customization/hiding of the splash screen | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now you can also customize the splash screen with Mac or with PC !

See here the comment of Dnilo : Photoshop: Allow customization/hiding of the splash screen | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are very welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dnilo, you rock!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This psccicon solution is amazing. Well worth the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I replied to an older comment on this amazing solution, but I will double my appreciation here. Whoever made the .NET procedure is a genius, and many thanks to Dnilo for explaining how to use it here.

This is fantastic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have followed the instructions to the letter, and the first part of the process goes as described. But when I upload the ZIP Data file with the changed splash screens, all I get is "ERROR"— with no explanation. I am on a MacPro with Photoshop CC 2018 and High Sierra. I have tried it with Safari and Firefox, and also under Windows with Explorer. Every time and everywhere, all I get is "ERROR." I figured at first it was because the process didn't work with the Mac or High Sierra, but others have had success with both. Perhaps it's a Firewall problem? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have followed the instructions to the letter, and the first part of the process goes as described. But when I upload the ZIP Data file with the changed splash screens, all I get is "ERROR"— with no explanation. I am on a MacPro with Photoshop CC 2018 and High Sierra. I have tried it with Safari and Firefox, and also under Windows with Explorer. Every time and everywhere, all I get is "ERROR." I figured at first it was because the process didn't work with the Mac or High Sierra, but others have had success with both. Perhaps it's a Firewall problem? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm.. let's try this; don't modify anything on the splashes, just re-zip everything and upload it (zip all the files and sub folders directly, don't zip them inside the data folder). Then let me know the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did it! I Zipped "IconResourses.idx" and the "High" and "Low" folders containing the new splash screens into one file. As you suggested, I did not include the "Data" folder itself, just Zipped the contents. This time everything worked fine! Thank you very much! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did it! I Zipped "IconResourses.idx" and the "High" and "Low" folders containing the new splash screens into one file. As you suggested, I did not include the "Data" folder itself, just Zipped the contents. This time everything worked fine! Thank you very much! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad it worked 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current opening splash screen in PS (CC) does not explain itself, except for the presence of a beautiful woman. Without knowing the creator's intentions, I cannot understand the added artefacts in any other way than as to demonstrate the maker's skillness with the tools in PS. For that reason, I can ignore the splash screen, which anyhow does not display itself for any prolonged period.

However, I would appreciate a picture that explains itself or talks to the observer, as serious and good quality art should do, although it might not be the favourite by everybody. Why not somehow add some verbal description or message by the creator, particulary when a picture is not straightforward. Since PS is a tool to work with pictures, it should also be fine with opening screens, which demonstrate some technique or possibility available in PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd say... use the splash for something inspiring, not the opposite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing I've learned, or I should say "had more firmly established in my own mind", is that one person's ART is another persons GARBAGE.

I've been a "Creative" (paid my rent with my garbage/art 😉 for over 30 years... and this discussion of this image has brought my above awareness back into my life.  I'm not gonna be so hard on myself when someone doesn't like what I do.  I'm sure somewhere out there, SOMEBODY liked the same image...  though I hope that "somebody" is my PAYING CLIENT!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completely agree. The funny thing is that we could continue talking about how subjective beauty is, and while (philosophically) photoshop's final purpose is to help creativity flow, in reality it's just a cold collection of tools/scripts/commands, a 'powerful' software package... that lacks a checkbox that could read "enable/disable splash screen".

The solution could be so simple that we wouldn't even need to be arguing anything here.

ReinMan, don't forget that we are the Client here, we're paying for something we can comfortably use. Our money paid that ugly splash that brought us here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you are correct!  And if I haven't made it clear where I stand on the "give us end-users the power to control that damned splash screen"  I will say here that I TOTALLY AGREE: gimme a button !!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with the above comments. The most simple solution is to add a way to disable the opening screen, or to choose another picture, or even make your own splash screen. Pictures do have an impact on people, an impact that varies dramatically between individuals. For example, children in particular can react with fear when contronted to certain pictures, and my spirit will be subdued when encountering art on the walls of hospitals, which depicts or appear to depict people in sad or tragic situations. There are reasons why media do not publish pictures of victims of war or accidents, besides a will not to infringe on private integrity. Any piece of art can contain disturbing elements, which also is part of the artist's intention.

Votes

Translate

Translate