• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Menu too small on Windows high res display

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my monitor (2560 x 1600) the menu on CC 2014 is too small - so tiny I can hardly read it. Selecting Expereimental 2nd option makes the whole programme far too big. Either so small I can't see it unless I sit very close to the monitor or so big it is unusable.
No problems with PS CC, only PS CC 2014. Having to unistall CC 2014 and go back to CC. Support offer NO solution

Idea Released
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019
Hi Karen, You’re posting on a thread that covers old versions. Current versions scale all the way up to 400%: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/...

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 346 Replies 346
346 Comments
Participant ,
Oct 14, 2015 Oct 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good post there Robert. You know, Adobe turnover 2015 1.25billion with net profits of $150million. You'd think they could afford to buy the best coders to fix the problem for their most used and famous piece of software...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most other applications do have issues, which is why we have been working with Microsoft to address the issues in Windows that cause problems with UI scaling.
We are still working with Microsoft to address the Windows issues needed to allow more flexible UI scaling in Windows applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is still working with Microsoft to address the Windows issues needed to allow more flexible UI scaling in Windows applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2015 Oct 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a BenQ 2711U monitor which I set up for 3840x2160 resolution on my Windows 7 desktop. I got this $900 monitor specifically to use with Photoshop CC to process my Nikon .NEF files and I really love it. I had the same tiny tiny UI fonts at first, however, but I tried the suggested method of using Experimental Features 200% UI. It worked just fine for me. My UI is restored to its normal size but I can see where if someone were using a lower resolution than mine, they might get an unusable, oversized UI. I guess Adobe will have to offer a scaled new UI resolution option instead of one that just doubles the size of the UI in upcoming releases of this otherwise superb software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2015 Oct 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe should issue refunds every month to every subscriber who reports the menu size problem. We should ALL contact the Attorney General of our 50 states and the U.S. Attorney General. It is criminal to charge for a service and not deliver. Heads should roll. And the buck stops at the top. Adobe CEO, fix the problem or go to prison. You are a thief.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Carol, for saying it for me. I have wasted HOURS of my time trying to enlarge the Adobe CC2014 fonts. It is criminal of Adobe to take our money every month and do NOTHING to solve this problem. I say fix it, or send the CEO to prison.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Karen - download the updates for Photoshop CC 2014. The UI scaling feature is in there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you talking about? This issue was solved in Photoshop CC 2014 (over a year ago).

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100% - 200% : That isn't a fix or a feature. It's another defect on top a defect.

Instead of sending someone who could care less to prison (money is already in the bank), which is also quite unlikely to help because you have folk like Cnris here telling you 'it's been fixed' when it really hasn't, start telling friends and neighbors about the problem and how it affects your ability to get your work done. Start with your boss and his/her boss. Blame the Adobe software the next time your review is less than stellar, or when a schedule slips.

Negative press is what affects a company and encourages them to actually listen to customers instead of maintaining the "mightier than thou' stance.

It's a problem, they know it is, but until someone (many someones) make it important to them, they'll continue to do nothing -- like blame it on Microsoft. Had they architected it well in the first place the fix would be simple and already in place. The fact some Adobe apps do play well inside Windows proves the CS applications are at fault.

Then again, after the latest fiasco with Reader ... I'm not so sure even proper encouragement will help them to fix CS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

200% UI scaling is all we could do with the current state of Windows. We are continuing to work with Microsoft on the issues needed to allow more flexible UI scaling on Windows.
When you look closely at other apps, you can find the scaling problems fairly easily. That is why we are continuing to work with Microsoft on these issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2015 Nov 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Photoshop CC on a brand new Lenovo laptop and am having the same experience -- menu items too small to read. My other programs are running normally. Can't believe there isn't a setting or a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2015 Nov 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read the rest of the thread. The 200% UI scaling feature was added in Photoshop CC 2014.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2015 Nov 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for addressing my concern, Chris. I should have mentioned that Experimental Features isn't an option (at least I don't see it anywhere) in preferences. I am using a newly installed version of Photoshop CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2015 Nov 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like you are using an older version and haven't installed CC 2014 or CC 2015 yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2015 Nov 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought (began leasing) the program last week, but in fairness I haven't checked the version or for updates. I am on a ship right now, so I will do that when I get home. Thank you for replying to my entry in any case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wayne, Chris has a job: that is to mark the topic "resolved" ... Let's be clear: closing help requests is his priority here. The fact users say the "response" doesn't help them, or Chris' answers don't fit facts... well, those are just annoyances.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My answers do fit the facts, and the original question was answered, repeatedly.

The request for more flexible UI scaling is addressed in another topic, and we are continuing to work with Microsoft to enable that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So why can't Adobe use 1.25 and 1.5 scale factors? Windows supports them today. They require additional bit mapped button icons, but Adobe won't pony up the man hours to do a simple fix.

There are other apps that suffer this issue - hard coded or bit mapped fonts in the UI - but at least those manufacturers own up to it as a man power issue and acknowledge they have prioritized other work first... and rather than blame others, explain it that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually there are problems today. Again, we are working with Microsoft on the issues necessary to allow more flexible UI scaling on Windows.
Again, Photoshop doesn't have bitmap fonts in the UI.
We're telling you exactly what is going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Nov 28, 2015 Nov 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys. First, I not defending adobe but Chris is taking the time to keep us informed that adobe is working on it. Eventually they will get it figured out. You also have to realize that when new tech comes out, software companies have to patch or rewrite their code in order to stay in business.

Obviously Adobe didn't Follow everyone else when they made their UI and now their paying for it.

Just remember. Chris is taking the time to inform us that Adobe is trying to resolve this. It's a inconvenience but again, it is not Chris's fault. Give him a break!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2015 Nov 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a real fix to the scaling problem.. It worked for me with CS5 Photoshop running on Windows Pro 64 bit.

neoshamon.blogspot.com/2015/06/adobe-app-scaling-on-high-dpi-displays.html?view=sidebar

Directions are below. You will need to download the correct.exe. file to your desktop. Don't open it. Install it to the correct location corresponding to the program you want to fix.

You will need to go to the site to download the file but here is what it says:

Step 1: Tell windows to prefer an external manifest file

1.Press Windows Button + R, type “regedit”, and then click OK.
2.Navigate to the following registry subkey: •HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > SideBySide

3.Right-click, select NEW > DWORD (32 bit) Value
4.Type PreferExternalManifest, and then press ENTER.
5.Right-click PreferExternalManifest, and then click Modify.
6.Enter Value Data 1 and select Decimal.
7.Click OK. Exit Registry Editor.

Step 2: Create and place the external manifest files

This is the exciting part. All you have to do is copy your manifest file to all of the application folders that you would like to change the scaling on. For example, Photoshop.exe is located at: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit) therefore, I have created a manifest file in text editor named photoshop.exe.manifest to place in that folder.

Here is a link to a txt file with the manifest code: manifest.txt
For Windows to use the external manifest file, you will have to change the name of the the file to the executable of the application. (e.g. photoshop.exe.manifest)
Here are the files I created for my device (Right-click and save to use on your machine):

•photoshop.exe.manifest
•fireworks.exe.manifest
•illustrator.exe.manifest
•dreamweaver.exe.manifest

Now place this file in the same directory as your executable. All of the ones listed above are in pretty straight forward locations like C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe or C:\Program Files\Adobe.

And that's it! It should look great now on your screen. You don't have to reboot or change anything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the file also..

false

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to paste the code for the fix but my file was understandably blocked..

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That will do some crude scaling, but still has a lot of problems (especially if you are painting or retouching).

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2016 Feb 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate