• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Modernize and improve the Radial Blur filter

LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2012 Mar 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i want to be able to select the vanishing point directly inside the image and get a gpu supported real-time preview

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Hi Roland, appreciate the request.

I see our community professionals have provided some solutions/workarounds to achieve some better results. 

I've converted your question into a feature request for the team) We do listen and implement a lot of suggestions:  https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem/ct-p/ct-photoshop?page=1&sort=votes_desc&filter=released&tabid=ideas

Votes

Translate

Translate
61 Comments
Engaged ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I must check this On1 if I find the time. Nice to read it has interfaces to Lr and Ps.

Oh man, Ps is in fact a good piece of software and has cool things like the the Filter Gallery and e.g. it's "Plastic Wrap", what is really complex stuff:

But what I can not understand is trivial "all day functions" - much easier to fix and/or implement - are ignored since about 14 years (as far as I could quick and dirty Google it).

This is so nuts...

Very bad: no ears for user feedback. ZERO. Persons feeling responsible for that what they are in charge of: Uncontactable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

eartho, are you on Mac or Win? General link:  http://affinity.serif.com. The Affinity Designer is already available also on Win, if you're in Designer stuff, try it:  https://affinity.serif.com/de/windows/, ease of workflow and speed will blow your mind of if you are in 64 bit environment. Here is the Beta for Windows  https://affinity.serif.com/forum/index.php?/topic/30360-affinity-photo-beta-150-rc4/page-2#entry1485..., the Mac 1.4.3 release is on App Store the 1.5 Mac beta you'll find here  https://affinity.serif.com/forum/index.php?/forum/19-affinity-photo-on-mac-beta/. All of Serif's software is quite inexpensive (~ EUR 40) and: NON-subscription. Yeah.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roland, appreciate the request.

I see our community professionals have provided some solutions/workarounds to achieve some better results. 

I've converted your question into a feature request for the team) We do listen and implement a lot of suggestions:  https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem/ct-p/ct-photoshop?page=1&sort=votes_desc&filter=r...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

eartho, I have another video added, showing a workaround. But because auf usage of "Content Aware" functionality, at least Ps 2015.5 must be installed:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ8R-mrNVio&list=PLG-NZi9dMwGy_YRYF-dAZfDY3G18c0Qvj&index=2
The language is the dialect we speak in the Principality of Liechtenstein. But you must not understand it, I hope I made the video in a way you can follow the steps by watching. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeffrey, many thanks for your reply and converting this into a feature request. I made a video showing a workaround. But because you need content aware functionality, Ps 2015.5 must be at least installed:  https://youtu.be/KQ8R-mrNVio The language is in my Alemannic dialect spoken in the Principality of Liechtenstein. But I assume, you may also following the steps without understanding one word 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS: Jeffrey, I am new to this forum. Is it possible, to add you to my "Friends" resp. persons I follow and or send a PN or e-mail?
For your reply many thanks in advance! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorta. You can see my activity here:  https://feedback.photoshop.com/people/jeffreytranberry Or follow me on Twitter:  https://twitter.com/jtranber

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree this would be a good feature to add, I was using it just yesterday (adding motion to a train in a subway station), and it took repeated tries to "guess" my positioning of the zoom blur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will we get an overhaul of Radial / Zoom blur with at least a preview? Affinity Photo has the preview even directly on canvas/image in real time... If they can do it, why Adobe won't and refuses - customers complaining this since years - updating this?? Add please at least the possibility to copy and paste the exact coordinates like in Lens Flare filter. Many thanks in advance, Roland

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m not exactly optimistic on this being implemented but those Filters certainly could do with the improvements. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I know there are other threads discussing this, but this is so desperately needed I feel it's worth more people shouting about it.
The radial blur feature is woefully inadequate. Anyone who's used it will be well aware of its limitations. I read a response that says the developers don't think enough people use it, so is not worth renovating. This is wrong - a great many people use it regularly. I've also read people suggesting workarounds. We shouldn't need a workaround. Photoshop should do this 'in-house' so to speak. We need:

* A larger window
* An interactive preview of the result
* The ability to numerically alter the focus of the blur effect
* The ability to reset to zero
* The ability to save presets

Thanks for reading this. I hope some changes happen soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, obviously dated. I use it for creating sun beams.
Steve Gandy
Photographer - Instructor
stevegandy.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, they created a whole new interface for creating/applying blurs, but decided not to include radial and zoom. When i previously asked why, i was told that not enough people wanted or used that filter so why bother? Such a silly excuse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please update Radial and Zoom Blur like it is in Affinity Photo - or at least with a Preview. Many 1000 thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on Adobe get your act together, this feature has been needed for years!!! The Radial blur us just too cumbersome as it currently is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a real preview for radial and zoom blur would be handy.
I suggest to apply the blur on a duplicate layer and to play with opacity. You can even play with blend modes and adding a layer is necessary anyway for masking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it's not about masking and blending. It's for setting CENTRE of blur accurate and efficient, without needing 100's of attempts or so, until you hit to point you want to be the centre accidentally. Adobe should check how easy it is to apply zoom blur in Affinity Photo. It should be at least possible to set the centre like it can be done for lens flare - also this is totally  inconvenient compared to Affinity Photo, but anyway better as current Radial/Zoom blur of Photoshop where it is a try-and-error method 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess the next best thing is to use those filters without previews like Radial Blur as a Smart Filter, so at least it's easier to change than just running it, having to undo, run it again, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can set the center accurately enough.
Tip: set your grid to show four divisions, like in the preview.
(grid line every 25%)
Click on the desired center in the grid view, hold and move that point to the center.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JEA,
guess the next best thing is to use those filters without previews like Radial Blur as a Smart Filter, so at least it's easier to change than just running it, having to undo, run it again, etc.
Could you comment on how you would do that in Elements?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don ́t you use Photoshop ́s blur-gallery? It has a radial blur with real time preview. Zoom blur can be simulated with a couple of path blurs in blur-gallery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a Photoshop Elements question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I missed that. Sorry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, I did not realize, that I made this accidentally in the Photoshop Elements section. Mea culpa. It should belong to the big Photoshop. Can I move it myself or must I ask someone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robert, Adobe is master in ignoring customers. If you Google a little bit, you'll find such requests already in years older than 2010... It is just embarrassing for Adobe, this not having been fixed since over a decade...

Votes

Translate

Translate