• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Provide preference and preset syncing via the cloud (Presets, Preferences, Workspaces, etc)

Participant ,
Mar 31, 2011 Mar 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need this in Photoshop:Save and sync brushes, actions and assets to the cloud!If i then log in to another computer (at my work..what ever) all my tools, patterns and so on are in sync.ps: could also be the workspace..

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

You can now sync presets to the cloud: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/sync-presets.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
81 Comments
Explorer ,
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it doesn't matter. If the team finds issues with this, it will only exploit how inefficient the program really is. Its bloated and spinning out of control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very disappointed to find that creative cloud would not sync Photoshop settings for tools, actions, and keyboard shoat cuts automatically across all computers that I am using. I also used Creative Cloud for place to save my Photoshop Actions but I can't even download folders not to use the Cloud for place to load all my Actions. Plus, Photoshop need a feature to be able to search Actions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2012 Aug 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EVERY Adobe App should be able to sync preferences to/from a cloud–not just Photoshop!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 27, 2012 Aug 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rrrt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2012 Oct 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are about a billion little ways to tweak LR to the users way of working including options and presets of all types.
Many of these can be exported and imported piece by peice in different dialogues.

What would really save a lot of work is:

a) export/import (actually meaning copy) option to copy all my settings and templates and presets from one "old" LR database to a freshly created one

b) export absolutely all settings/Templates/Presets via a single action into a folder of my desire to be able to import these later on - typical usecase is a new or second computer where I reinstall LR later and dont want to start from scratch with all the personal tweaks I have created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 23, 2013 Mar 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

test

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2013 Apr 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To me this does not sound like the problem is necessarily on Photoshop’s side.

Can you save the ai files and use File > Place in Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2013 Apr 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

today it seems to be working ..

intermittent behavior ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sync Settings is now one of the features of Photoshop CC, and other Creative Cloud programs, proof that the team listens to our feedback.

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/inside-crea...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2014 Jan 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Creative Cloud, Adobe apps should be able to sync the users Presets, Actions, Scripts etc..
This is a function that would make it an awesome "Cloud" connected app.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2016 Jun 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No longer implemented

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My workaround:
Cobian Backup is running everyday task which uploads settings into my FTP storage
You need something about 1 hour to set backup if you already know Cobian. Now I can only make automated backup. Next I will try figure out both-way syncing. http://www.cobiansoft.com/cobianbackup.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All apps within CC should have cloud synchronized presets and preferences. It doesn't make any sense to have all this stuff local nowadays. We have the ability to save most things in the libraries but the library ux itself is very clunky and time consuming. I work in the studio and at home and having to constantly save my assets onto a separate cloud service just so I have access to it at the other location is total nonsense.

The workspace profiles should just be an all encompassing profile that syncs all of your preferences, presets, actions (everything!) to your CC. That way when you log in from another location, everything is the same. This obviously needs to account for differences in mac/pc ui.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just spent a few hours creating about 40 document size presets in photoshop.  I've been on with Adobe help and they cannot tell me how to sync these saved doc presets with creative cloud so that I can use them on my desktop.  In fact they can't even tell me where they reside so I can copy them and move them over manually.  I switch between my laptop and desktop all the time.  It does not make sense that creative cloud syncs EVERY preset except for this.  I will be spending the remainder of the day recreating all of these doc size presets on my desktop machine.  And I have a bout 150 more to create... TWICE.  Would love to see this be something that syncs in the future.  Your help people spent almost an hour trying to figure it out.  Finally they said... we did the best we could to help you.  That they did, but dang.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be great if I could sync between devices the file templates and workspace I create in one to have it available in the other one.

It's something so basic that I though it was deployed, but an Adobe agent confirmed that it doesn't exist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be a very useful feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Adobe did this several years ago it immediately broke. In my opinion, this was because the syncing happened on the cloud, on Adobe's servers, and not on a local drive. Imagine if they would have enabled one's preferences, presets, custom brushes, workspace settings, etc. to all be easily synchronized on a local drive that you could store locally or put onto your own cloud account (Dropbox, iCloud, etc.). Then, if you teach, imagine how every student could then synchronize their settings to match yours. Instead, Adobe put it on their servers, there was a problem, and the feature disappeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, on a mac, go to your user account>library>preferences>photoshop (version)>newdocsizes.json it is possible to edit it in textedit, and you should be able to copy it to another computer. 

http://osxdaily.com/2013/10/28/show-user-library-folder-os-x-mavericks/ if you do not know how to show the user library folder)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm surprised that you released a cloud product and overlooked the most important use for the cloud. It should back up EVERY SINGLE setting, preference, and customization: actions preferences, plugins, custom scripts — etc to the cloud would be huge. I move between machines, have machines crash and have to set up my environment again. Backing up every little thing is so tedious. 

And this is for Premiere, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator... it would be very useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think a 'back-up/restore all settings' button/feature is long overdue in PS.

I'd like to see a button in the UI or menus that allows us to back up ALL settings (including tools/brushes/etc) using one button. It could then ask if you'd like to save settings locally or to the cloud (linked to your account). If you want to restore then you click the restore button and look for the 'settings' file. A new type of script file would prob be best, so that it only ever needs to save one singular file. Or perhaps it could zip all the relevant files into one?

Essentially I just want to be able to log in to PS on any machine, and restore my settings with one click. No more copy pasting and wading through hidden files time and again. 

Tick-box options of what you'd like to back up or restore might be useful for greater control. 

If PS migrates settings from one version to another then it seems the code is already there. We just need UI implementation.  

I really hope this can happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The process of saving custom actions in Photoshop should be WAY easier and/or automated. Especially now that all Photoshop customers have free cloud storage and the CC app. All of our custom type settings should be automatically saved and backed up there for use and download remotely. As a professional photo editor I have some complex actions that I occasionally need to save, export or recover. It is a convoluted hassle every time and I've lost my actions more than once, only to be not-recoverable. I recently exported my actions to get into my other computer only to find that I didn't really have the current ones, because I did something wrong. And every time I can't remember how do to it, where they are located etc. How frustrating to create an action that photoshop remembers and uses daily, only to find that that action is not really "saved" until you manually save it? And that process should be combined withworkspaces and ACR/LR presets as well. Why? Let's say my computer crashes, or that I want to use my laptop instead of my PC and I'd like those custom actions and presets to be the same on both computers. I just need an idiot proof, "dumbed down" way to make that happen. One click, "make photoshop on computer "A" behave identical to photoshop on computer "B".

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m working on two machines and get tired of manually updating settings all the time, dream scenario would be an auto-update/sync within the user thru the cloud.

right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can now sync presets to the cloud: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/sync-presets.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My ideal is to sync preferences, color settings, custom keyboard shortcuts, and workspaces locally. I want to save them to a hard drive, put them in a Dropbox folder, etc. I teach workshops and want to share these with my students. I don't have much interest in presets in my own workflow. We have the ability to save workspaces locally which is wonderful. I don't know why we can't do the same with preferences still. Or, if we can, I can't figure out how to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate