• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Personalize history (or take off "LAYER VISIBILITY" to be recorded as a history slate)

Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would be awesome to be able to personalize what goes in the history. Like, to take off or to block a specific kind of manipulation that goes in the history. I don't mean "deleting a history slate", but specifically having a move that won't be recorded as a history slate.

My problem stands on one specific aspect: having every "LAYER VISIBILITY" move going in the history. It's a real bummer. It's eating a lot of slates. I am aware that I can set up more slates to be recorded, but at 99, I feel it's ok regarding the memory use. So yeah, I could eventually give more than 99 to help, but that's not my point, and it will not solve my problem.

I work a lot with layers visibility to fine tune (like many of us I guess), so there is a lot of history slates referring that kind of move. And having it on the history is to me completely useless. I will never go back to a history slate to find back a layer visibility; it works way better by clicking on layers

visibility itself to have the layer ON or OFF. When fine-tuning, I may click A LOT, repetitively, ON and OFF to see subtle changes and readjust what I'm working on.

If I remember correctly, some time ago with previous PS versions, "layer visibility" was not recorded in the history. So if not possible to eventually personalize the history parameters, just getting back to "not having layer visibility recorded in the history" would be just great. I don't really understand who need that in the history. But maybe it's just me...
Idea No status
TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

2022-09-30_16-59-58.png

2022-09-30_17-00-16.png

  

Votes

Translate

Translate
5 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. It would be nice to be able to turn off history steps that are often extremely repetive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2022-09-30_16-59-58.png

2022-09-30_17-00-16.png

  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know, so much in the preferences that I forget what's all there. They Joy's of getting older and the memory not being as good as it used to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wonderful! Thank you JAZZ-Y! 

Before sharing my idea here, I chatted with Adobe tech support to ask if there was a way to turn off LAYER VISIBILITY in the history. They said no. Impossible. So there you go, thank you again and an amazing day to you!

*Still, the idea of more options of that kind related to history could be useful to some...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, bow I don't feel so bad not remembering that option, if the Adobe help line did know about it - LOL!

Votes

Translate

Translate