• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please give us the ability to view and edit 360 degree photos (spherical maps) in Photoshop

Participant ,
Jul 27, 2024 Jul 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that rationale (more or less) of removing the 3D features in Photoshop and making them their own set of applications. 

But being able to view and edit a 360 degree photo in Photoshop is BARELY a 3D tool. 

In point of fact, everything needed to manipulate and view that image can be done using standard mathematics, and neither Open GL nor Direct X need be involved.

No one will be buying Substance to work on spherical maps. And Photoshop is the perfect place to work on spherical maps for use elsewhere, including the Substance suite.

Please give us an ability to work on spherical maps in Photoshop, where it makes sense.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS , Web , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
5 Comments
Mentor ,
Jul 28, 2024 Jul 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I expect it will take the Photoshop devs a few more years before they will address the missing panorama editing functionality. If ever. 😉

In the meantime, you could do worse than installing Affinity Photo (free six months trial, btw) which does support live 360 degree panorama editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2024 Aug 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i also understand adobe removing all 3D features as they (maybe) try to re-focus in PS as the industry standard in image processing while there are better 3D tools out there that additionally offer smooth workflows to/from PS. for 360 editing (especially tripod removal) there are some alternatives @rayek.elfin mentioned affinity photo which imho does a better job with nadir retouching as PS did with its 3D functions.
the most professional workflow is the interaction of PS with https://pano2vr.com where you can extract an arbitrary image section from a 360 equirectangular image, hand it over as a rectilinear patch to PS for editing, and reinsert it precisely and automatically after saving this patch in PS. this function is only one feature of a large toolkit (google street view export, virtual tour creation, image transformation/reprojection etc.). a feature-limited, but free alternative is https://nadirpatch.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Aug 05, 2024 Aug 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THank you for the suggestions to other software. 

I wasn't aware of either of those, so I shall certainly have a look

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2024 Sep 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i agree bring back spherical editing i just was getting a template build for my gear 360 and boom adobe removed it.
i see it was also removed from Ae so i no longer can import the spherical edit from photoship?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Sep 27, 2024 Sep 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Premiere can still process equirectangular images and video.  That's not going to be an image editor for you, but you can use lumetri and other effects to adjust the images.  You can add text, animate movement, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate