• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Randomized brush shape

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have a suggestion which is implemented on other programs. Currently, when creating a brush preset, you can choose only one brush shape, but there is no way to select multiple brush shapes. 

This will be very useful, for example, when painting grass, you can create a brush preset which has multiple grass shaped brushes, with each stroke, a random shape is drawn.

This will be very helpful. thank you.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
6 Comments
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a suggestion which is implemented on other programs.

By @Abulamad

I'm curious:

• Which other programs (plural) do this?
  • How do they implement it?
  • Do you have videos showing how it works in the other applications?

Jane

Forum volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, I don't exactly remember which program implemented this, I only have photoshop and Clips Studio, but Clip studio actually has a feature that is close to what I meant. Video attached shows that you can select multiple shapes, sadly, you can't control how the shapes are drawn, it looks mushy and combined, I hope I'm not breaking any roles posting about other software.

https://youtu.be/gdp9AO0pc7c

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will be very useful, for example, when painting grass, you can create a brush preset which has multiple grass shaped brushes, with each stroke, a random shape is drawn.

By @Abulamad

I watched your video twice because it moved very fast and was hard to catch, but I don't see where it demonstrates what you asked for, which was multiple grass-shaped brushes, then brushing each stroke with a random blade of grass.

I did find a different link to dual brushes in Clip Studio, but it does not do what you describe either. There are several examples — this one combines "Heart Color" with the "Soft" brush tip to get soft hearts. It does not draw random shapes from random brushes.

https://tips.clip-studio.com/en-us/articles/4983

55CB8A4C-693E-4579-9112-A42D65A7DA12.jpeg

The closest I've ever seen is an Art Brush in Illustrator. You draw one blade (or group of blades) and create an Art Brush. Then when you draw, the angle and length of the grass changes slightly in accordance with the way you draw your stroke.

If you remember the others applications (plural) where you've seen what you are looking for, please post them. I'll also tag our Brush Expert @Trevor.Dennis who may very well have other thoughts on this. 

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I watched your video twice because it moved very fast and was hard to catch, but I don't see where it demonstrates what you asked for, which was multiple grass-shaped brushes, then brushing each stroke with a random blade of grass.

Yeah, It is not fully implemented by Clip Studio as I envision, In the video, I selected multiple shapes, but the brush strokes were not randomized. They were combined together, if this was implemented in Photoshop, maybe adding a checkbox "Randomized" to make the shapes randomized instead of combined will be nice.

If you remember the others applications (plural) where you've seen what you are looking for, please post them. I'll also tag our Brush Expert @Trevor.Dennis who may very well have other thoughts on this. 

I remember watching a video about the program, but I didn't catch the name, I might dig deep to find it, but sadly, I'm not sure If I can find it as I remember watching the video 3 years ago which is a long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps your referring to Picture Tubes as they are called in Jasc/Corel Paint Shop Pro or Image Pipes as they are called in Gimp and Image Hoses in Krita.

https://learn.corel.com/picture-tubes-in-paintshop-pro/

https://www.gimp.org/tutorials/Image_Pipes/

Image4.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Jeff Arola There's a similar request to that here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-ideas/p-image-hose-extend-clone-stamp-tool/idi-p/... The OP's sounds slightly different, but maybe it's the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate