• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upscaling within Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the ability to perform upscaling within Photoshop would be a fantastic application. I am an editor of illustrated books and we often encounter the problem of wanting to enlarge a drawing, but the printed resolution limits us. I am familiar with the Super Zoom tool in Neural Filters, but it's not the same because that function involves cropping, which is not ideal. It would be a tremendous asset to incorporate this feature into Photoshop.

Greetings and thank you.

Idea No status

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
30 Comments
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2024 May 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@rayek.elfin 

Yes, that's precisely what worries me too, and it's not a trivial worry. This is potentially extremely dangerous in more ways than I like to think about. It can be a stick of dynamite in the wrong hands.

I feel we're hostages of technology in this. If it's possible, someone will do it, and then the rest will panic at the idea of being left behind. Never mind the consequences. The argument that "it's here to stay" is precisely the problem.

And don't even get me started on all those who seem to be convinced typing a prompt is genuine artistic expression. Boggles the mind.

I was skeptical at first, and getting more and more so as I see how it's being used. I'm convinced this whole AI hype is going to backfire on us all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are just seeing the start of this technology. Are you old enough to remember when doctors had radio phones in their cars? When computer networking was Novell Token Ring? Now, with huge advances in battery tech and minaturization and commercial build-out of cellular, we have wireless networks fast enough to stream two-way video at several times NTSC quality, to handheld pocket computers. As an example.

AI is going to ride hardware advances until it will pretty much be real.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So? That's not an argument for anything, that's just giving up.

By the same argument, should we just roll over and let rich people use CRISPR technology to create designer babies? Because that will happen unless it's put under some control (which, thankfully, it currently is).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
May 11, 2024 May 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Photoshop "Preserve Details 2.0". The results are great. I have a short script that makes it easier. Here's a video about it:

https://youtu.be/AkeY1O2SYP0

There's a link in the description to download the code.

William Campbell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@rayek.elfinyeah you're right but there's a difference between gen AI and something like Topaz which has the purpose to recreate original image as closely as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate