• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush Preset Picker PSE 2024

Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2024 Jan 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In PSE 2020 when I expand my brushes preset picker to choose another brush set I am able to see the full names of the brush sets I have installed BUT

In PSE 2024 it’s different. The brush preset picker there is much narrower not allowing me to see the full names of the brushes and I can’t see any way of expanding it.

I would appreciate any help with this as I find it sooooo frustrating.

If it’s important - I am running Windows 10.

Thank you...

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 19, 2024 Jan 19, 2024

Yes, there has been an unfortunate change since PSE 2020 in the way the dialog can be expanded.  Not only is the setname dropdown menu narrower, but the brush set dialog can only be expanded to fill half the screen rather than the full screen.

This is not something that bothers me, but I know a number of users do not like the change in behavior.  I know of no way to change this.

Ashampoo_Snap_Friday, January 19, 2024_11h56m38s_multi.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 19, 2024 Jan 19, 2024

Glenn, as I understand, it the OP is talking about the dropdown list of brush presets, not the display options for the brushes themselves.

Ashampoo_Snap_Friday, January 19, 2024_16h39m0s.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there has been an unfortunate change since PSE 2020 in the way the dialog can be expanded.  Not only is the setname dropdown menu narrower, but the brush set dialog can only be expanded to fill half the screen rather than the full screen.

This is not something that bothers me, but I know a number of users do not like the change in behavior.  I know of no way to change this.

Ashampoo_Snap_Friday, January 19, 2024_11h56m38s_multi.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am really disappointed.   I just don't understand why software developers change things which weren't broken. All they succeed in doing is annoying their customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can get the Brush Picker full screen by having the brush tool selected , right clicking in the upper part of the document and adjusting the brush picker by grabbing the right top corner of the brush picker and dragging.

It might take a couple of trys or so to resize to almost the whole screen.

brush1.jpg

brush2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Jeff, but the OP is complaining about the width of the dropdown menu within the tool panel.  Do you have some trick to expand that?

(I was merely commenting on the change in behavior of the tool since earlier versions.  I think the change started in Elements 2021.  An odd but different behavior was also introduced with the Shape tool.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the kebob, the tree dots in the upper right corner of the brush selection tool. 
2024-01-19_170204.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the large list from the brush kebob menu.

2024-01-19_170544.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glenn, as I understand, it the OP is talking about the dropdown list of brush presets, not the display options for the brushes themselves.

Ashampoo_Snap_Friday, January 19, 2024_16h39m0s.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2024-01-19_174950.pngroger roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course, as usual, it's not an issue with Photoshop.2024-01-19_180212.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2024 Jan 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Jeff you have misunderstood my complaint.

Greg has hit the nail on the head...my complaint relates to the width of the drop down menu within the tool panel. It is now so narrow that you can’t see the full file name of the brush sets and I find this very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2024 Jan 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes that does seem to be an issue in pse 2024 on the Windows side.

The Mac side with pse 2024 doesn't have that problem.

bli.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines