Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not launch HDUpdater because the file is empty

Participant ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am getting the following error message in PE2020.

Can someone help me?

2020-04-02.png

Note I cannot close Photo Editor when this message is showing. I have to use Task Manager to end task.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe you said in an earlier thread that you do not have Elements 2020 installed in the default location.  If that is the case, I would suggest uninstalling and installing back to your OS drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg,

True that PE2020 is installed on my "E" drive. Nevertheless, it worked very well before I was notified an aupdate was available.

Is there a way to move/copy HDUpdater to another a specific location to permit this update.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try looking at the solutions in this thread

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I will try that. 

Note however that this error happens only in the Editor after I click Update Now. 

It doesn't happen if I edit a picture, save it, and exit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg,

May I abuse your patience a little more?

Can you indicate me why I don't receive "email" notifications for your post? I have to go to the forum and check for new nessages if I want to see new a replies.

See my notification settings here after:

2020-04-03.png

Thanks in advance,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YvesB said:

Can you indicate me why I don't receive "email" notifications for your post? I have to go to the forum and check for new nessages if I want to see new a replies.

Is it possible that you unchecked the "Email me when someone replies" box when you posted your original question?  Frankly, I don't think that would make a difference as your profile settings should override that, but I'm not sure.  Plus, the forum itself is going through some updates and your settings may have got lost in the shuffle.  FWIW, I have the same notification settings as you and I am receiving your posts via email.  So, I don't really have an answer.  Maybe check your spam mail.

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.04.03_09h54m40s_001_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg,

Thanks again for your reply.

Note that the "Email me when someone replies" box is checked but I don't receive Email notifications and my Norton AntiSpam folder is empty.

I will post my problem on a forum to try to solve this.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg,

Note my email notifification problem is now solved.

Note also my titled problem is also fix. I had to reinstall PE2020 to its default location ("C") despite PE2020 gives a choice to install to a different drive. Make me feel the quality control is really weak.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YcesB,  I have the exact same issue with the HDUpdater.  Did you ever get a solution to resolve this problem?   Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2022 Dec 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem including having to use Task Manager to close the programme.  I have gone to the other thread but the conversations don't make sense to me in this context.  Can someone give me a concise fix which works for this problem,  Has Adobe fixed it since it was reported a long time ago?  Last time I had a problem with Elements Adobe, without my permision, downloaded a huge file called Adobe Creative Cloud which I finally got rid of.  I don't want this to happen again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an answer to the question above?  I have the same irritating problem.  Photoshop elements used to be a good program but bugs appear to have crept in.  I have installed photoshop using the suggested defaults and NO, I don't want Adobe Cloud in any form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly what John28199098tenl said.  I have the same problem; and no, I do not want Abobe Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem.  Is Adobe going to fix this bug or do I have to download a new competing program?  And No, I don't want Adobe Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here, I do NOT want Adobe Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines