• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Default Text overlay (Titles & Text) is not workingo

Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Windows 10 using Adobe Premiere Elements 11.  Yesterday when I opened APE to edit a video, something odd happened.  I tried to inset a “Titles & Text, General, Default, Default Text” overlay and the template seemed different.   The words “Add Text” (shown in the middle of the template) was not there and when I used the template, it would not accept any text that I tried to add, anywhere in the template.  The Default Roll and Default Crawl overlays seem to work okay.  Just the Default Text overlay is not working.   How can I fix/reload this particular overlay, or the 3 Default overlays?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

amaisan  wrote

I am running Windows 10 using Adobe Premiere Elements 11.  Yesterday when I opened APE to edit a video, something odd happened.  I tried to inset a “Titles & Text, General, Default, Default Text” overlay and the template seemed different.   The words “Add Text” (shown in the middle of the template) was not there and when I used the template, it would not accept any text that I tried to add, anywhere in the template.  The Default Roll and Default Crawl overlays seem to work okay.  J

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

amaisan  wrote

I am running Windows 10 using Adobe Premiere Elements 11.  Yesterday when I opened APE to edit a video, something odd happened.  I tried to inset a “Titles & Text, General, Default, Default Text” overlay and the template seemed different.   The words “Add Text” (shown in the middle of the template) was not there and when I used the template, it would not accept any text that I tried to add, anywhere in the template.  The Default Roll and Default Crawl overlays seem to work okay.  Just the Default Text overlay is not working.   How can I fix/reload this particular overlay, or the 3 Default overlays?

Please repost your question on the dedicated Premiere Elements forum where you'l meet the experts:

Premiere Elements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So whats the fix? I see the questions twice, I cant seem to get my text added to the video on Adobe rush!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@OMGTREND 

My answer quoted @amaisan which is why you see it twice.

Just after the quote, my answer was that this question is NOT a question about Photoshop Elements, but about Premiere Elements, the video editor;  so I gave the link to the correct forum for Premiere Elements. Read my post again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

got that, for some reason when I searched for adobe rush, thiat came up, didnt check so I assumed it was for rush. Eitherway my paid adobe rush software does NOT work and NO one from Adobe reached out to fix, no link to fix, no link to update or advise. Damn shame

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So the fix that seemed to work for me was uninstalling then reinstalling the previous version. Reinstalling the latest version with the bug would be repeating and expecting a different outcome, lol aka insanity

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines