• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

drag and drop to windows 11 taskbar not working

Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few months ago, I upgraded to photoshop elements 2022 in part because I wanted to, as I had previously been able to, drag a photo to the taskbar along the bottom of my computer screen and drop the photo on the elements icon and the program would automatically open up for editing purposes.  That quit working, apparently post windows 11.  I assumed this functionality would eventually be restored but it's still not working in 2022.  Does it work in 2023?  I'm not inclined to upgrade unless Adobe fixes this--the improvements aren't otherwise beneficial enough for my somewhat limited editing purposes (and skills).  Thanks.

TOPICS
Actions , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Hello xyz,

Are you possibly thinking about drag and drop to a PSE desktop icon? I use Win 10 and I've tried drag and drop to a PSE taskbar icon numerous times and it has NEVER worked. But, drag and drop to a PSE desktop shortcut icon DOES work. I can d&d several images onto my PSE 2022 icon and they all open just fine in the Editor. D&d to a desktop shortcut of the Organizer also works to import images.

Screenshot-000562.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Emily Litella famously observed, back when saturday night live was still funny, "never mind."  It turns out if you make sure you have the most current, updated, program, you get better results.  Who knew?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello xyz,

Are you possibly thinking about drag and drop to a PSE desktop icon? I use Win 10 and I've tried drag and drop to a PSE taskbar icon numerous times and it has NEVER worked. But, drag and drop to a PSE desktop shortcut icon DOES work. I can d&d several images onto my PSE 2022 icon and they all open just fine in the Editor. D&d to a desktop shortcut of the Organizer also works to import images.

Screenshot-000562.png

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines