• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help with eraser tool in PE 19

Participant ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

#1) The brush tool ("type") doesn't work with the eraser tool. Only the pencil and block work.

#2) So I use the pencil tool and it has brushes, but I'm used to GIMP which has these really dispersed brushes where it's easy to kind of feather the things I erase. I can't find a way of doing that with PE. Yes, I can lower the opacity, but however I erase in PE there is a clean line of demarcation, which is what I don't want. How can I get that feathering effect with the eraser tool?

Thank you

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Thanks very much, Jeff. That reset did the trick. I can now use the brush with the eraser tool. And erasing with the brush seems much more nuanced, more feathered if you will, than it did with the pencil. I think you've answered both my questions with the reset. Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you try to use The Eraser in Brush mode?

Have you tried resetting the Eraser Tool by clicking on Reset Tool as pictured below?

eras.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks very much, Jeff. That reset did the trick. I can now use the brush with the eraser tool. And erasing with the brush seems much more nuanced, more feathered if you will, than it did with the pencil. I think you've answered both my questions with the reset. Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines