• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating PS Elements from version 19 to 22

New Here ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchasedd and installed Photoshop Elements 2021. How do I update my version 19 to the newest version (22.x) ? I am running Windows 10.

The Help/Update menu option is greyed out. 

When I use tutorials for help with Sky Replacement tool, they say to select it from the Edit menu of the progeam. There is no such option listed under my menu Edit. I have to select "Guided" mode to find the Sky Replacement tool. Is that because my new installation of Photoshop is version 19 ???? 

Thanks for any input.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Hi Ed,

I agree with you on software version naming or numbering. It seems like a LOT of software companies do that. For instance, the latest version of Windows 10 is v2004. And then there's Photoshop Elements ver 1 ... ver 15 and then they change to ver 2018 (v16) ... ver 2021 (v19). It doesn't make any sense at all! And the confusion caused by names like Photoshop and Photoshop Elements.

I originally purchased Photoshop Elements 14 from Costco. I had heard a lot about Photoshop and I thought th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ed,

If you have Photoshop Elements 2021, you can NOT update it to Photoshop 22.x. Photoshop is a subscription-based product and a completely different program. You might say that Photoshop Elements is a child to Photoshop. Photoshop Elements 2021 (v19) is the latest most current version of Photoshop Elements.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Walt,

You cleared that up.

I must say, though... the way Adobe names these products and creates version #'s, it is a bit confusing.

At least it is for me. 

I "upgraded" from Photoshop Elements 9 that I've used for many years., and I seemed to be able to do things a bit faster in the older version. I really don't see a whole lot of difference with this 2021 product.

Maybe it will just take a bit of getting used to.

Thanks again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ed,

I agree with you on software version naming or numbering. It seems like a LOT of software companies do that. For instance, the latest version of Windows 10 is v2004. And then there's Photoshop Elements ver 1 ... ver 15 and then they change to ver 2018 (v16) ... ver 2021 (v19). It doesn't make any sense at all! And the confusion caused by names like Photoshop and Photoshop Elements.

I originally purchased Photoshop Elements 14 from Costco. I had heard a lot about Photoshop and I thought that's what I was buying. It took several months after installing it till I realized that it was not the full Photoshop that I thought I bought. But Elements has all the editing tools I need and more.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines