• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 8 won't open

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just been directed to this thread by a link sent to me from the Apple Community.

I have a similar problem in that, although I can open and work with the P.S.E.8 application, my problem is that the workspace background area is solid black and I used to be able to change it to clear, so my desktop could be seen in it.  The options used to be somewhere in the preferences but I don't see it anymore.

Can you please help?  Thank you.

makey.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

You don't need to reset your preferences or reinstall pse 8.

In the pse 8 editor go to Window>Application Frame

Click on the words Application Frame to turn it off so you can see your desktop.

afr.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried everything you suggest but I don't know how to implement the procedures.  I inserted my original P.S.E.8 install disk but I don't understand how to go from here.  These are the results after loading the CD:-

PSE A1.jpg

PSE 1.jpg

PSE2.jpg

I find using the LIBRARY information very complicated, I tried moving the .plist to the Trash but got no further.

Please help, my technical ability is VERY limited.

makey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use google to help learn how to use finder to locate the folder/files needed to reset your preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to reset your preferences or reinstall pse 8.

In the pse 8 editor go to Window>Application Frame

Click on the words Application Frame to turn it off so you can see your desktop.

afr.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Jeff Arola.

At last you've given me the solution to the background problem. I tried it and it worked! Also it's such a simple procedure.

I've copied what you showed me and I'll keep it as a reminder.

Thanks again.

makey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further to my last post, as there is no Application frame in PSE 6 Window, would you know if there's another area in 6 where I could look?

I know it's even older than PSE 8 but it has a facility that I still use, where it's possible to re-arrange images within a sheet for printing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the pse 6 editpr Preferences>General uncheck Fill Workspace Background

pse-6.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Praise indeed to you, Jeff Arola.

You're the only person who's solved both my PSE 6 and PSE 8 workspace problems.

I don't know how I missed the PSE 6 part in General settings, I did vaguely think it was in the General section but I must be getting old!

Thanks and thanks again.

makey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

trevsy  wrote

The workspace background area is solid black and I used to be able to change it to clear, so my desktop could be seen in it. 

In PSEv.8, open a picture file

Drag the corner handle to get to the workspace behind the picture

Right click on the workspace and change the color. I leave mine gray.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

It seems I can't get rid of the solid black area, but as my mouse hasn't got a right click facility I tried using the alt key to change the colour and nothing works.  I can't see anything in Preferences to do anything with the workspace area.

makey (that's me, trevsy).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

trevsy  wrote

Thanks for your reply.

It seems I can't get rid of the solid black area, but as my mouse hasn't got a right click facility I tried using the alt key to change the colour and nothing works.  I can't see anything in Preferences to do anything with the workspace area.

makey (that's me, trevsy).

Can you post a screen shot of what you see as it pertains to above referenced black area?

Do you see anything like this?

work space.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ThisThis is what I see:-  is what I see:-  PSE What I see.jpg

and this is the Preferences General page.  I'm sure it used to be somewhere here that the option was, but I can't remember:-

PSE Preferences.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is exactly what I see in PSEv.8 when I open the program

Now, go to File>open and point to one of your picture files. It should display in the work area. Refer to my post #8 above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines