Save for web error - Mac OS Catalina

Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I have an issue saving gif for web with my OS to Catalina (10.15.2).

When I try to save, there's a message saying :

"Adobe save for web error. Could not complete this operation. An unknown operating system error has occured."

I tried to delete "save for web prefs.psp" but nothing has changed.

Capture d’écran 2019-12-18 à 09.57.14.png

Capture d’écran 2019-12-18 à 09.55.45.png

Topics

Bug, Import and export, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem,,  i tried everythink what i can but NO   nothink helps 

waiting for somone find right answer -   now i work on another  Mac on old version mac Os High Sierra Adobe works Great.

and i also have mac bok pro - with new Catalina.  and it waiting for solutions this problem.

I think it's not a problem of Adobe  -  i think it's Catalina have to update new version of Catalina

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's Adobe – they no longer have been supporting Save for Web feature. It's been in legacy for a while now. With the release of Catalina, it's really broken and will not work. Apparently, everyone is now supposed to use the Export As feature.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One solution that worked for me was to reset all preferences on PS. But because i was having other issues meanwhile, i decided to format my MAC and since then no more crazy issues. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only correct answer to this is that there IS no fix. Adobe started phasing out the Save For Web feature a while ago – it's in legacy versions now. Everything is shifting to Export As... It's not nearly as elegant (and mine seems really slow, after trying to get Save For Web working for 2 days with every possible thing checked and tried), but it works. I just have to get used to doing Command + Option + Shift + W instead of "S". It works, but like I said, it's not as elegant and takes some getting used to. It's Export As from now on, folks! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I guess you are right. It is Export As moving forward. Not sure why, but I missed Save for Web...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is all good and all but it doesn't allow you to save an animated GIF. It just gives a static image of one frame. Not sure why Adobe has done this. If it ain't broke, don't try and fix it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works now with the new PS 2020.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it does not. Please read the thread. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what's the point of Export As a GIF? Unless I've missed something

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the animation gif's  for  web site. 

Now i can not save the animation gif (for web as animated buttom )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not the Adobe rep or anything – just have used Photoshop daily for over 20 years. I don't know why they got rid of this, either. My guess is they have another product/tool they'll be pushing to make animated gifs. I just don't know. All of this is stupid when you have such a large user base of Photoshop on desktop/laptop that uses these features. Everything is moving toward doing this on mobile, which is also not taking into account everyone that is using the desktop to create and distribute content for the web. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, I spent hours today at work trying to export an animation cause I had the same error and in the end, I had to download an external animation program.
This is really disappointing...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Worked! 

Im UPDATED to Adobe Photoshop CC 2020

21.0.3 Release! 

And it's worked! Save as for Web (Legacy)!

YES! 

Thank you Adobe team!

no erors  - everythink is great!

Mac Os Catalina 10.15.3 (19D76)

Screen Shot 2020-02-08 at 22.47.23.pngScreen Shot 2020-02-08 at 22.51.16.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, thanks for the update!

Thanks,

Mohit

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines