• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2019 Dual Monitor Feature Broken / Unusable

Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to PE19, and a must have feature I use daily (Dual Monitors) is broken?!? 😞

PE19Broken.PNG

As you can see above, the "undo redo organizer home" menu covers ALL of the essential controls shown below.

PE19Broken2.PNG

Does anyone know how to remove that "undo redo" menu, or fix it so it doesn't cover the timeline in dual monitor mode?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Shawn and Whsprague,

Thanks for the report!

The engineering team has provided an updated layout file that should resolve this. Download the below file and replace the existing workspace with the downloaded layout file using the following instructions.

Download the DualMonitorEditing.layout17 file

Give that a try on your systems and let me know if this new layout works for you.

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I worked on it for 30 minutes and couldn't find a solution.   Maybe someone else......?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent an and recieved an email from and Adobe manager.  In his reply he wrote he would forward this to the engineering team. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2018 Dec 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for not only trying it yourself and confirming there's no easy fix, but also for sending it into Adobe.

I really hope they can patch this soon as over the last five years I've modified my workspace to accommodate this feature - I need the full screen preview while editing to be sure my training courses look correct and my code is readable in full screen.

Thanks again,

Shawn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2018 Dec 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shawn,

Premiere Elements is updated/upgraded annually in the fall.  It is very rare that they have interim bug fix releases.   My best suggestion is to try your best at keyboard shortcuts for the tools that are hidden by the screen display. 

Under the Edit menu is Keyboard Customization.   You may be able to assign keys for the tools you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope that is not the case!

If it is, I'll need to file for a refund since I need dual monitor support.

How can I find out for sure if they will not address this in the near term? Should I go ahead and request a refund now?

As I own multiple copies of PE14, it looks like I'll just go back to using it 😞

So sad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shawn,

I do not work for Adobe and don't have access to any first hand information.  That said, if 2019 is not workable for you, I would file for a refund while you can get it.  It is a guess, but I would not expect an update before your refund window expires. 

I used versions 13 and 15, but not 14.  Although I stay current, my actual workflow and results have changed little. 

Good luck with your projects!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shawn and Whsprague,

Thanks for the report!

The engineering team has provided an updated layout file that should resolve this. Download the below file and replace the existing workspace with the downloaded layout file using the following instructions.

Download the DualMonitorEditing.layout17 file

Give that a try on your systems and let me know if this new layout works for you.

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pete,

That fixed it.  Thank you very much!  It is wonderful to be proven wrong about response time.

In the six or seven years since starting with Version 9 and participating here I have NEVER seen such fast response.  It was less than two working days!

(Note that when opening a project, you have to cycle between Restore and Dual Monitor Workspace once.)

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for bringing this up Shawn, we have now created an article to help others with this issue:

Issue with Dual Monitor workspace in Adobe Premiere Elements 2019

Regards,

Pete

whsprague Feel free to pass this around if others are seeing this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much Pete (and Bill)!

Can't wait to try this out today!

Much appreciated,

Shawn

Update 120818: Tried this fix on my Win10 desktop and it worked fabulously! So very thankful for this fix 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So my issue is similar, but not entirely. I'm on Premiere Elements 2019 too, but on a Mac; and still on Mojave, for what it matters (is it better on Catalina?). When I switch to Dual Monitor mode I get the same issue as described here, but on top of that the tracks window keeps on jumping back to the same monitor where the main preview area, toolbars etc are. So for example - when I press 'render' then the pop-up message about rendering in progress appears on the 2nd monitor - where the tracks window was (!), but in the same instant that track window jumps back to my 1st monitor and covers it all; so to continue working after the render is done, I have to move window 2 back to monitor 2...

hence:

1/ will the file attached to previous reply work on Mac too?

2/ if not, may I request one for Mac please? it can be Catalina if that's easier - I'll be moving to it soon anyhow;

3/ will that file solve the jumpiness of the tracks window? or do I have to do something else altogether to make it stick to the monitor I chose for it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These instructions seem to work. Thank you

David Stephen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

However it probably does not apply  to foreign, non-english  versions of the software and  no-english operation system.  My issue was not solved yet. Hier my screenshots

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines