• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Contrast icons are WORSE than color icons in 24.6 Beta

Participant ,
Jun 12, 2024 Jun 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Color icons are objectively better than contrast icons for seeing quickly if something's turned on or not. Even the high contrast one I'd argue is harder to identfity than the color one at a glance.

Please give us the option to choose between color icons or contrast icons, not be forced into only using contrast.

Current color icons (top) vs the 2 new contrast icons (bottom):

THRILLHO_0-1718252332001.png

Additionally, even if I wanted the high contrast one because it's easier to see, the rest of Premiere is so hard on my eyes with that really bright text so I wouldn't be able to use it long term.

I do appreciate you've managed to slim up that part of the UI however, so thank you for that.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
5 Comments
Advocate ,
Jul 30, 2024 Jul 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I absolutely agree. Also, I hate any use of contrast to show if something's on or off; how am I supposed to know if "light-on-dark" is on and "dark-on-light" is off? Or is it the other way round? Who knows!? Whereas "dull grey" is off, and "bright cyan" is on, in any context, always.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upvoted your thread (up to, left side) Those new on/off icons are not nearly as pleasing and easy to understand as the previous ones. Though I like the new timeline colors. There's a thread around here that has many upvotes, users saying the same thing. See if you can find it, to upvote. If I find it I'll post a link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's one of the other threads on this topic. Be sure to upvote both.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-discussions/fx-badge-color-code-missing-in-new-clip...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MyerPj  Yep have upvoted that one previously. It's talking about a different issue though regarding the fx badges, but yep still an important thing for them to fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, in the middle we shifted (drifted?) to the current subject:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-discussions/fx-badge-color-code-missing-in-new-clip...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Resources