Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Crashing Issue

Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2024 Sep 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe Support Team,

I am experiencing a recurring issue with Adobe Premiere Pro that is severely impacting my workflow. Whenever I work on my project, the software suddenly closes, especially when I add effects or modify anything. This issue has been happening since yesterday, and I have tried various troubleshooting methods, including uninstalling and reinstalling the program, but the problem persists.

I am unable to make progress on my project due to this issue and would appreciate your urgent assistance in resolving it.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Bug , Crash , Error , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 05, 2024 Sep 05, 2024

Hi all, 

We have posted a new Premiere Pro beta - v25.1, build 2 - that should fix the problem customers were experiencing with previous beta builds. We are very sorry for the inconvenience the bad build caused. While we recommend that customers only use our shipping versions for production projects, we know that there are times when that isn't practical, such as when a bug fix is only in a beta version. 

We are looking into ways we can improve the testing of our beta builds. Release builds

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Sep 05, 2024 Sep 05, 2024

Hi all, 

We have posted a new Premiere Pro beta - v25.1, build 2 - that should fix the problem customers were experiencing with previous beta builds. We are very sorry for the inconvenience the bad build caused. While we recommend that customers only use our shipping versions for production projects, we know that there are times when that isn't practical, such as when a bug fix is only in a beta version. 

We are looking into ways we can improve the testing of our beta builds. Release builds

Votes

Translate

Translate
86 Comments
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You for the link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Not only that, it crashes when I move the playhead over any graphic. (!) 

ADDDOOOOBBEEEEE

How can I re-install the previous 25 beta update? Can't edit my project right now because 24 isn't able to open it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. But for me it happens when I move the playhead over a graphic or any clip with an effect. What happened?

M1 Max Mac Studio 32GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's Beta. We got a bad build. They will probably have an update today, so try that when you can. I'm getting the insta-crash on any media added to a timeline panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem! Starting yesterday with the latest Update 25.0.

I hope that ADOBE can clear this problem and upload a new update which allows everyone to work. Thanks for the Link!

:S  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. Killing me right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest Version of Premeire Beta Crashes when Opacity/opacity toggle down is clicked in effects controls panel.

Windows 11 / current Premeire Pro Beta Version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@commsd86558115 We are aware of problems with Premiere Pro beta, build 44, that are causing it to crash regularly. While I don't have any exact ETA, an updated build should be getting released soon. I'm sorry for the inconvenience; while we don't encouage customers to use beta versions for important projects, our expectation is that the beta should quite reliable. 

Regards,

Fergus

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue. When moving any elements that have effects on the timeline, the application crashes. Additionally, there is no minor version available to downgrade, and we cannot revert the project to version 24. All work is completely halted now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's exactly whats happening!

My work is halted too, project totally unusable right now. Still no update.

I understand it's a Beta but not being able to downgrade back to the working one is... not optimal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Escalate escalate escalate

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add to the thread -- I am having the same problem with v25.0.  It doesn;t seem matter the type of footage.  I attempt to scrub through Sony 4K and GoPro video files.  No filters or color applied - Premiere will abruptly close without any type of error or indication that there's a problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday morning, I updated Premiere Pro Beta to version 25.0, but since then, every time I open the software to start editing, it immediately shuts down. This issue has prevented me from continuing my work and delivering projects on time. I hope you understand the impact this has on my ability to meet deadlines.

I use premiere pre beta 25.0
Mac OS Sonoma 14.6.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from using the community bugs">

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same! No effects but hour long sequence. Crashes when I move the playhead or drag an exposure slider. Completly stuck atm. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a similar issue. If I as much as select a clip, software closes itself. The problem is that now I can't open the project in a previous version since it changed to 25 and there is no option to go back a build since it was working fine a couple of days ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This update has made all my beta projects unusable. Please fix! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am encountering an issue with Adobe Premiere Pro. I created a new project yesterday, and everything was functioning smoothly. However, when I attempt to open the project today, the application stays open for just a few seconds before crashing, without providing any error messages or context for the crash.

I would greatly appreciate guidance on resolving this issue and retrieving my project so I can continue working.

Thanks for the assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not the beta forum: Premiere Beta

I'm not having that issue on Win11 23H2 and PP 24.6.1 or Beta 25.0.0.b43

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2024 Sep 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last Premiere Pro (Beta) update it crashes every time I apply any effect to any material.

I don't have any third-party plug-ins or panels installed and it doesn't seem related to specific hardware because it happens on both my laptop and my computer. The only thing the two machines have in common is the operating system - Windows 10 64-bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had it installed on my Mac, uninstalled in 2 months ago, and going back to creative cloud to download it, I can't even see the option to do so. All the other beta apps are there, including a few other beta versions for things like photoshop and after effects that I currently have installed, but all I am seeing is premiere rush beta. I'm not sure whats happening, I've repaired the installer file as doing a full uninstall would mean wiping all the other programs I have downloaded - has anyone else experienced this? It's not a spec issue. It's just like the option has disappeared. Help please. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is Build 44.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try clicking the get started link from this page to open your CC app and see if it shows up again? https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/premiere-pro-beta.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,