Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Crashing Issue

Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2024 Sep 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe Support Team,

I am experiencing a recurring issue with Adobe Premiere Pro that is severely impacting my workflow. Whenever I work on my project, the software suddenly closes, especially when I add effects or modify anything. This issue has been happening since yesterday, and I have tried various troubleshooting methods, including uninstalling and reinstalling the program, but the problem persists.

I am unable to make progress on my project due to this issue and would appreciate your urgent assistance in resolving it.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Bug , Crash , Error , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 05, 2024 Sep 05, 2024

Hi all, 

We have posted a new Premiere Pro beta - v25.1, build 2 - that should fix the problem customers were experiencing with previous beta builds. We are very sorry for the inconvenience the bad build caused. While we recommend that customers only use our shipping versions for production projects, we know that there are times when that isn't practical, such as when a bug fix is only in a beta version. 

We are looking into ways we can improve the testing of our beta builds. Release builds

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Sep 05, 2024 Sep 05, 2024

Hi all, 

We have posted a new Premiere Pro beta - v25.1, build 2 - that should fix the problem customers were experiencing with previous beta builds. We are very sorry for the inconvenience the bad build caused. While we recommend that customers only use our shipping versions for production projects, we know that there are times when that isn't practical, such as when a bug fix is only in a beta version. 

We are looking into ways we can improve the testing of our beta builds. Release builds

Votes

Translate

Translate
86 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2024 Sep 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After opening my project PP closes within 60 seconds without any error message. Happens again and again and I can't edit at all. 

Edited for 6 hours last night before update and it worked just fine.

Edit: Working with a lot of clips with Ultra Key + Masks seems to make the crash come even faster. So it might have something to do with this. Worked just fine before update anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same on my side. Every time I choose a clip it's crashing instantly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy crap this is annoying. And when i install the previous 24.6 verison and open my project it tells me the project is connected to a newer version and cannot be opened. That goes for all my backup project files in this project. Basicly I can't edit anything right now..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe: Can you at least make accesable the latest version before the 25.0 upgrade? Because 24.6 tells me all my project files are connected to a newer version..

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. The program closes every time, in fact it doesn't even load the project. Then if I install version 24.6 it tells me that it is old and cannot be opened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same i hope they release another update before tommorow i'm in a urge right now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a solution, first copy your project then go on this website : https://downgrader.elements.tv/   open your project it will download a version u can open in regular adobe premiere.

If adobe premiere beta have a new update message me though, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

25.0, Comp 40

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening here too. After the update (25.0), when I open a certain project, Premiere ends up closing without notifying any error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't open a project, can't import a project

Latest bata build

Mac Studio

64Gb

Sonoma 14.6.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link!  Lifesaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit from OP:
It has nothing to do with masks or green screening. As soon as I select any clip in timeline to drag it it crashes instantly. Even in a new project with only 1 item.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link was such a huge save! Thank you so much! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Updated to 25.0 and the first project I opened immedaitely after crashed with no error message - the autosaves from Friday all crashed as well. I updated to macOS to Sonoma 14.6.1 and tried uninstalling and opening in beta 24.6, but got an error message - project was saved in the newer version and could not be opened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome i called an adobe employee who told me about this solution already on the adobe community i just copied the link here. I also used it because now i'm 3 hours late on the job... Glad it helped because i was getting a lil bit nerves tired

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
As soon as I launch premiere pro beta and open my project, I click on my rush and premiere pro closes by itself.
I restored a previous version but it doesn't work because it refuses to open the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just coming here to say that I'm having the same problem.
Updated to the newest version of Premiere Beta + updated to the newest Mac OS this morning and am being kicked out from Premiere. Mainly whenever going to move a clip. (no effects or color).
Footage is 10-bit 4k from Sony A7siii.
Thank you OkayWhatsTheMatter for the temporary solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have today's update 25.0.0.044 Premiere Pro Beta installed. Every time I select a clip in an existing sequence, the program crashes. I have a Nvidia GeForce RTX 4080 and 128 GB of RAM. OS Microsoft Windows 11 PRO. All drivers and system have the latest actualizations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This public beta does the instant disappearance thing anytime trying to move video mov clips (intraframe only) or BRAW from an Ursa Mini Pro 4.6k G2 to the timeline panel.

Ryzen 3960X, 128GB of Ram, 2080Ti.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case, can add to the timeline, but then when clicking on the clip to move, no matter the clip type (.mxf, .mp4, .mov), Premiere immediately shuts down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Shuts down when simply moving anything on the timeline. HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My work around with thanks to Stephen & Kyle on "Adobe Premiere Pro Editors" on Facebook. 

Export the XML sequence you are working on and open it up on Premiere Pro (Not the Beta version). For now it's stable for me to work on my projects. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so so much. You saved the day. I'm done with the beta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here. It keeps crashing. Its very annoying. I cant even open the files with the official version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2024 Sep 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last Premiere Pro (Beta) update it crashes every time I apply any effect to any material.

I don't have any third-party plug-ins or panels installed and it doesn't seem related to specific hardware because it happens on both my laptop and my computer. The only thing the two machines have in common is the operating system - Windows 10 64-bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Resources