Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Crashing Issue

Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2024 Sep 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe Support Team,

I am experiencing a recurring issue with Adobe Premiere Pro that is severely impacting my workflow. Whenever I work on my project, the software suddenly closes, especially when I add effects or modify anything. This issue has been happening since yesterday, and I have tried various troubleshooting methods, including uninstalling and reinstalling the program, but the problem persists.

I am unable to make progress on my project due to this issue and would appreciate your urgent assistance in resolving it.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Bug , Crash , Error , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 05, 2024 Sep 05, 2024

Hi all, 

We have posted a new Premiere Pro beta - v25.1, build 2 - that should fix the problem customers were experiencing with previous beta builds. We are very sorry for the inconvenience the bad build caused. While we recommend that customers only use our shipping versions for production projects, we know that there are times when that isn't practical, such as when a bug fix is only in a beta version. 

We are looking into ways we can improve the testing of our beta builds. Release builds

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Sep 05, 2024 Sep 05, 2024

Hi all, 

We have posted a new Premiere Pro beta - v25.1, build 2 - that should fix the problem customers were experiencing with previous beta builds. We are very sorry for the inconvenience the bad build caused. While we recommend that customers only use our shipping versions for production projects, we know that there are times when that isn't practical, such as when a bug fix is only in a beta version. 

We are looking into ways we can improve the testing of our beta builds. Release builds

Votes

Translate

Translate
86 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2024 Sep 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

looks like there is a new update for beta

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2024 Sep 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeahhh! The new 25.1 works with my project. They fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2024 Sep 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great that we have a fix now, thank you for posting that Fergus.

Going forward however, I am really hoping the quality process will be thouroughly reviewed. As mentioned by other, so many projects were in total limbo for days. 

It cannot be that such an obvious bug that even comes to expression in NEW projects (first test case I assume for the quality department), get shipped to every beta program user. 

Really hoping this is taken seriously and improvements are made in this process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

looks well optimised also quicker moves in the timeline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the fix, and a quick one too. But I have to agree with Matthijs. It's a bit of a surprise that such a  HUUUUUGE bug that affected almost everyone even went through to be in the update, despite it being a beta issue. Something should be taken more seriously in the update and testing process.

It seems like the issue was even showing the effects control panel regardless of clips or file type. Upon clicking anything, if your workflow had the effects panel enabled it'd be instant crash. How that got through to a patch is beyond me, and with no option to roll back or temporarily continue working with another version.

I just hope some notes were taken so it doesn't happen again, I'll disable auto update from now and always be skeptical to any beta updates. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This. I'm always forgiving of the issues because I know the risk I take working with beta and am always able to export an XML to get a project back a version... but as I've been very happy with the direction you guys are taking the latest version, I'm wanting to keep working on it. As such, I am also turning off auto-updates and delay updates by a week, keeping an eye on the forums. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2024 Sep 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should be a rollback option no matter what. I understand its a beta but it does work and these are projects that take time, during that time we can find bugs,  but we cant test anything if we cant trust to do any work on them.  Now I am super cautious trying these betas unless we can roll back to a previous build immediately. This should be no issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2024 Sep 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is always notable potential risks when using anything labeled 'beta' ... so as always, I would never recommend doing anything that has absolute deadlines without a fallback.

The 'standard' part of the year, where the beta and release versions are the same, is actually different. As then ... if the beta chokes, you simply open the release version and go. But now, with the beta being the next major version, we can't.

I was suprised to realize you cannot go back a build with the betas. Really surprised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2024 Oct 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for my Adobe CC subscription. I use Adobe PP 2024 builds 24.5 and up. Crashes every few seconds then crashes on startup. MEANWHILE PP Beta works flawlessly.  What gives?  Whole crashing thing is pretty consistent with PP anyway but usually I can get work done. Not this time. The mental crashing started a week and a half ago after an update to 24.6 then 24.6.1. Going back to 24.5 didnt help - just keeps crashing. I have an Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 GPU, Intel i9-1400k and 192 gb ram on win 11 - definitely within spec 😉 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

StuartMRankin_0-1727772967122.png

In both Beta and PP standard I get error message when trying to share with Frame.IO. Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nice rig @Stuart-M-Rankin 

I must ask, are you running any overclocking or head-up display, to show temps or frames ps, etc...

Someone said in a thread, they enabled xmp in the bios, and that was enough to get things working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Resources