Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Crashing Issue

Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2024 Sep 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe Support Team,

I am experiencing a recurring issue with Adobe Premiere Pro that is severely impacting my workflow. Whenever I work on my project, the software suddenly closes, especially when I add effects or modify anything. This issue has been happening since yesterday, and I have tried various troubleshooting methods, including uninstalling and reinstalling the program, but the problem persists.

I am unable to make progress on my project due to this issue and would appreciate your urgent assistance in resolving it.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Bug , Crash , Error , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 05, 2024 Sep 05, 2024

Hi all, 

We have posted a new Premiere Pro beta - v25.1, build 2 - that should fix the problem customers were experiencing with previous beta builds. We are very sorry for the inconvenience the bad build caused. While we recommend that customers only use our shipping versions for production projects, we know that there are times when that isn't practical, such as when a bug fix is only in a beta version. 

We are looking into ways we can improve the testing of our beta builds. Release builds

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Sep 05, 2024 Sep 05, 2024

Hi all, 

We have posted a new Premiere Pro beta - v25.1, build 2 - that should fix the problem customers were experiencing with previous beta builds. We are very sorry for the inconvenience the bad build caused. While we recommend that customers only use our shipping versions for production projects, we know that there are times when that isn't practical, such as when a bug fix is only in a beta version. 

We are looking into ways we can improve the testing of our beta builds. Release builds

Votes

Translate

Translate
86 Comments
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2024 Sep 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have tried that, no luck. i even uninstalled all adobe applications and downloaded a fresh creative cloud and still no luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then reset the app:

reset the cc desktop app by making sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

if that fails, repair per https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-install-stuck.html

if that fails and you have windows, open your control panel > add/remove programs > cc desktop app > repair

if that fails, uninstall using the correct uninstaller from https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes... and then reinstall using*

if that fails, do a clean cc install carefully following each applicable step:

uninstall every cc app including preferences per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, again using the correct uninstaller per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes...

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

check for, and if available, update your os

if windows is your os, repair all ms visual c++ versions that can be repaired (use google if you don't know how to do this)

if windows is your os update your ms visual c++, if it can be updated (use google if you don't know how to do this)

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app using the "alternative download links" at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials>

if that fails, you probably have a corrupt user account. google your os and how to create a new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @RaulB,

Have you tried signing out and signing back in to the Creative Cloud desktop app?

Let us know the outcome. 

^SG

We understand that downloading the app has not been a pleasant experience for you. While you're in the troubleshooting process, consider exploring Adobe Express which lets you seamlessly transition between video creation, photo editing, or making TikTok and much more. Details here: https://adobe.ly/3Z7zKZP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fergus thanks for providing an update!

Any closer to providing an ETA? I'm in a very sticky situation where I cannot continue work on any of my projects, working full-time as a content creator.

I can't load the project onto previous versions because its incompatible, and I can't click literally anything on the timeline without crashing sooo....Here we are. All I can do is wait for the update to roll out.

Any temporary solutions or ideas?

Im on the Build 44 25.0 beta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone found any workarounds?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes and i have been on chat with adobe and they literally cleared every adobe app on the mac, uninstalled cc, ran the cleaner tool, re-installed cc, and it still does not appear

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

perform the clean install, then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have, a fresh new install of cc, and all i see in the beta releases are these 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Silly question, but I have to ask:

Did you scroll down on the right scroll bar?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks God. I regularly made backups on the SSD. I was able to restore the last workable version, Build 35, and everything is working fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed that this comes from the colorimetry effect

Version : 25.13

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

haha, yea, i did. it's really crazy because NOTHING I have tried is changing anything. Is ther a dmg file of anykind that can be provided outside of the cc app itself?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you should still perform the clean install without skipping steps:

uninstall every cc app including preferences per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, again using the correct uninstaller per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes...

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

check for, and if available, update your os

if windows is your os, repair all ms visual c++ versions that can be repaired (use google if you don't know how to do this)

if windows is your os update your ms visual c++, if it can be updated (use google if you don't know how to do this)

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app using the "alternative download links" at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials>

if that fails, you probably have a corrupt user account. google your os and how to create a new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RaulB,

I read through this thread, then noticed that your screenshot shows apps filtered by Beta versions. I clicked on Beta, and voila - no Premiere Pro beta. It shows all other Betas, whether I have them installed or not - e.g. AME Beta.

"All apps" does not show Betas.

Does anyone else see/not see PR Beta in the Betas tab?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, weird update - opening up the latest Premiere Pro (not beta), seems to actually have the new beta features in it. At least the new audio fade stuff...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under all apps, just a few apps from the end, I see PR Beta.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RaulB,

BTW, the current Beta (Build 43 and 44) has a serious bug. Wait for at least build 45 before you install.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

We are looking into ways we can improve the testing of our beta builds. Release builds get much more detailed and lengthy testing than the daily beta builds but there's a gap we need to fill. 

Note: if you are unable to find the Premiere Pro beta in Creative Cloud Desktop, choose the Apps icon from the left navigation bar, then click All app, then scroll down to the very bottom of the application list. 

Regards,

Fergus

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I strat drawing a rectangle on a sequence, the app closes by itself. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happening here (9/5/24) on a MAC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Macbook Pro M1 and this version of Premiere Pro constantly crashes on me. At first is everytime that I try to create a rectangle with the shape tool. But now it is every 3 to 5 minutes when I'm trimming or browsing the timeline. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Joaquin_gtm When you say "this version of Premiere Pro constantly crashes", what build number are you referring to? You can find out from the "About Premiere Pro" menu option. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, a bit over a day and a half.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've updated to the latest version, 25.1 build 2, and everything is back to normal and working fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sweet! Thanks for posting back. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Resources