• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Now in beta: Linear timecode support

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Linear timecode (LTC) support is now available in Premiere Pro Beta. LTC is encoding of timecode data in an audio signal. It is useful for ensuring accurate synchronization of multiple video and audio sources. 

Two Premiere Pro operations benefit from LTC support: creating multi-camera source sequences and synchronizing clips. 

In the Clips > Create Multi-Camera Source Sequence dialog, we have added an “Other Timecode” popup menu, with the option to choose LTC. Choosing this option will synchronize the clips using the timecode in the audio track of the clip. 

In the Clips > Synchronize dialog, we have not yet added an option to directly choose LTC. To use LTC with Clip > Synchronize, you must first select the clips you want to synchronize, then select Clip > Modify > Timecode > Linear Timecode (LTC). With that done, select the clips on the timeline, then go to Clip > Synchronize > Timecode and click on Ok. Note that the display of the timecode in the Synchronize dialog is not accurate; this will be fixed in a future beta. However, the synchronization process will use the correct timecode and your clips will be accurate aligned. 

We’d love to get your feedback on this feature! We’re also interested to know what hardware devices you’re using to generate linear timecode. 

Regards,

Fergus

TOPICS
Feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally. I'm using Deity TC1s. will check it out soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is excellent news! Thank you for informing us.

I'll still say: this took far too long to implement. But at last.

We'll be testing this feature on our next shoots and see if it all works as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tested it with a video file from a Canon XC10 using a Deity TC-1 to provide LTC and a Zoom F6 for audio with it's internal Timecode jammed to the Deity TC-1 as the master.  Modified the video to LTC as described above (left the audio unchanged) and the clip and audio synced up perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing! Been waiting for that 👌 using Lockit Timecode by Ambient 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2024 Jun 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This is really good news! 

I already had the chance to test it and it seems to be working very fast.

We are using Deity TC1s and Tentacles for the syncing and the video is recorded in 50p along with the audio in 25p.

With my preliminary testing i found that the sync seems to be working very fast but although the timecode seems to be correct there is a drift of about 10-12 frames and the video and audio seem to not align properly. 

I will be testing it with 25p video and 25p audio next.

And, could it be, that Media Encoder automatically detects the LTC Timecode and writes in into the file when a transcode is beeing made?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2024 Jun 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My test with Pr-Beta: TC-Output signal from a Sony FX6 recorded as audio signal on a Sony A7M4. Try to create a Multi-Camera Source Sequence with "Other Timecode + LTC", but it did not work. It should sync the TC from the FX6 with the recorded LTC on the audio track of the A7M4. What did I misunderstood? (btw. same with "Other Timecode + Sound-Timecode")

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2024 Jun 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Fotodesign-Wieboldt I'm not quite following. I think you're saying that you've got:

1. One clip from the Sony a7 IV that's using LTC that was generated by the FX6.

2. Another clip from the FX6, where the timecode is part of the video file.

Is that correct? If so, are you able to hear the timecode on the a7 IV track? If you cannot, check to make sure that the TC IN/OUT select switch on the FX6 is set to OUT. 

If you are able to hear the timecode on the a7 IV track, perhaps you could share with me both clips. 

Regards,

Fergus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2024 Jun 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Fergus,

Thanks for your answer.

1. One clip from the Sony a7 IV that's using LTC that was generated by the FX6.
  2. Another clip from the FX6, where the timecode is part of the video file.

Is that correct? If so, are you able to hear the timecode on the a7 IV track? If you cannot, check to make sure that the TC IN/OUT select switch on the FX6 is set to OUT. 

If you are able to hear the timecode on the a7 IV track, perhaps you could share with me both clips. 

You are right (1, 2) and I can hear the timecode sound on the A7 IV track.

I sent both clips by WeTransfer as they were to big for an email: https://we.tl/t-NqkwEKcHZl

This mixed configuration is typically for my work. The TC generator can be the FX6 or a voice recorder Zoom F6. If the F6 is part of the scenario, the Sony FX6 is set to read TC (via input TC).

In that case, FX6 and F6 provide TC in the video file and one or more cameras like the A7 IV provide TC as LTC on audio track. This scenario will be typical for many pro user…

Kind Regrds,

Christoph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources