Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Premiere Beta runs out of Memory on Mac Mini M1 (says 70GB used)

Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Beta runs out of memory on my Mac Mini M1 (16GB RAM). To be specific, the window that pops up is from Mac OS, and Premiere seems to be OK but I save and close to be safe.

The weird thing is, the popup claims Premiere Beta is using 70GB memory. But I have it configured to optimize for "Memory" (not "Performance") and to use 8GB memory max.

The project has over 100 raw media footage files in it, each 2-3 minutes long. They're not all in use in the open Sequences, but they're imported in the project. Is Premiere Beta loading all of those clips in RAM, even if not used in any open sequences?

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Geoff5CBF No, Premiere would not be loading all those clips fully into RAM. That sounds like some other kind of memory issue. Is it possible to share your project file (no media) with me so I can see if I can make this happen on my end?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, here it is, thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue but on the air - using 50gb of memory somehow?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just had this issue on the air, says it was using 72gb memory.

i noticed my program did feel a bit slow until i finally got the notification.

i tried to save & quit, it took like 10 minutes to save and the froze and i had to force quit

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just happened again, right when I went to Export. Seems to be related to Rendering/Exporting.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue but on the air - using 50gb of memory somehow?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issue. When I open a project in PP 2021 on mac mini M1 2021, I get the "your system has run out of memory" message from the OS. The first time I tried to open it, the message said premiere was using 116 GB. The second time it's saying 6GB-- which is well below my 16GB ram, but I still can't seem to edit or do click anything in premiere. 

Premiere M1 is not in beta anymore. The computer is brand new, got it yesterday. Any fixes for this? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines