Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timeline Clip Redesign still suffers from a readability issue

Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The new timeline clips are looking great so far imo. Very well suited for modern darkUI workflows.

However, the clip labels still pose the exact same issues the previous design has which is text readability when using custom colors. It's just the opposite now, bright colors make the white text 'disappear' rather than dark the black text on the old design.

2024-02-08 10_59_40-Adobe Premiere Pro (Beta).png

It's great that we have the freedom to change label names and colors but our choices shouldn't be affected by this flaw. We need a mechanic in place that automatically changes the clip text to either white or black depending on the brightness of the clip's color. Something that's very common in DAWs.

I would imagine that code implementation wise this doesn't need to be a live detect thing, just a one time check coming from the label preferences, and stored permenantly until updated by a new color.

Hope we can see some improvements on this soon.

TOPICS
Feature request , Feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 27, 2024 May 27, 2024

Looks like this issue has been adressed and implemented in the new design. Thanks for this!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for letting us know. This is a known issue and we are working on improving it. Once I have an update I'll make sure to post it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another vote here for resolving this, as I am now constantly adjusting my custom label colors simply in order to read clip names on the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2024 May 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like this issue has been adressed and implemented in the new design. Thanks for this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2024 Jun 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an update for this? I work with labels all the time and this is making much harder and slowing my editing down significantly. Please post link to the resolution, whatever it may be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it be possible to make it so we can see the transitions on the most compact view? It was there in previous versions, but in the last few Beta updates it won't show up unless you expand the tracks.

Also, IF it's possible, I know that visually, the transition represents how long the transition actually is, but when it's a short transition and you're zoomed out, it's really hard to grab onto the transition itself to resize it. Would there be a way to make it visually still represent the length of the transition, but when you mouse over to grab it, to have a little more wiggle room? Like always have the middle 80% of the clip be grabbing the clip itself, and make the outer 10% on each side able to be grabbing the transition. Or, maybe hold down a modifier key to specifically grab just the transition?

Thanks!

Tom

Screenshot 2024-06-03 at 9.56.47 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-03 at 9.56.06 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-03 at 11.06.42 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @TomSzy, transitions should be visible on the smallest track size. I'll pas this to the team so they can take a look and see what is happenning.
As for your suggestion, I'll pass this to the team as well. Thank you so much for the feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thanks Adolfo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The team has logged it as a bug. Once I have an update I'll let you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources