• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disappearing Audio Channels (Multichannel Timeline, Adaptive Clips)

Enthusiast ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS 12.6.2 PPro 23.1.0

Reposting in "Bugs" in addition to "Discussions". This is a follow up / clarification of previous post.

I have adaptive audio clips (4 mono, 1 clip) in a Multichannel timeline (6 channels). The clips are randomly having channels disappear - some clips still show up with all channels, others only 2 channels. I've no reliable predictor on which clips have channels disappear.

R.

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Hello @Remote Index,

Thanks for the message. Are you still having this issue? The team will need more info from you (media type, workflow, etc.) to reproduce the bug. Can you provide the information required here? How do I write a bug report?

I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Remote Index,

Thanks for the message. Are you still having this issue? The team will need more info from you (media type, workflow, etc.) to reproduce the bug. Can you provide the information required here? How do I write a bug report?

I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

original post here:

Bugs Forum

Discussion Forum

(no response from adobe or other users)

Mac OS 12.6.2 PPro 23.1.0

- adaptive audio clips (4 mono, 1 clip) in a multichannel timeline (6 channels).

- channels disappearing while working

Support Material:

This clip has 4 audio channels. Only 2 are displaying in timeline, and only 2 can be heard.

Screen Shot 2023-01-20 at 4.24.54 PM.png

Matchframe back to original clip in source monitor shows 4 channels:

(no waveform on 3 & 4 - that's a typical issue - but sound is recorded and 4 channels playback in source monitor)

Screen Shot 2023-01-20 at 4.25.25 PM.png

... So this 4 channel clip can be dragged back to the timeline under the original:

Screen Shot 2023-01-20 at 4.26.10 PM.png

The new 4 channel clip shows up under the original. (same clip, same media).

This is what these 2 clips look like this in the effects control panel:

Screen Shot 2023-01-20 at 4.26.26 PM.png  Screen Shot 2023-01-20 at 4.26.38 PM.png

(just a reminder, this is a 4 channel clip in a 6 channel timeline).

This is what these 2 clips look like in the clip mixer:

Screen Shot 2023-01-20 at 4.27.15 PM.png

The problem is that the 2nd clip (the one I just dragged in fresh with 4 channels) will at some random point in the future start to appear and act as the 1st clip. This continues to happen in all my timelines.

R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No response or acknowledgement from Adobe on this.

I am adding a screen cap of what the "Clip > Modify Audio" dialog pane looks like on these clips where channels are disappearing. Top is the problematic clips, bottom is what this dialog normally looks like. (Neither can be changed as these are clip instances in a sequence, nonetheless you have access to this dialog.)

R.

Screen Shot 2023-01-24 at 3.46.30 PM.png 

Screen Shot 2023-01-24 at 3.48.10 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional info:

It appears the clips in question have been converted to stereo clips by Premiere somehow. I say this because I can copy the audio clip from the timeline and paste it into a stereo track. (Normally, a multi-channel adaptive sound clip with 4 channels would not paste or otherwise be cut into a stereo track).

R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines