• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My mouse disappears in Premiere CC

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2014 Jan 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mouse cursor keeps dissappearing as I work in premiere cc. It isnt the mouse as I tried several. I have to restart the project every few minutes. It seems to get worse with time. I am doing closed captioning so maybe that is part of it.

Anyone else have this issue?

Bug Unresolved

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 204 Replies 204
204 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Marek. Upvoting is the way to get the devs' attention and to prioritize which bugs to fix first. Thanks for helping isolate the issue. I'll add your comments to the bug. It looks like they are working on this one as we speak. Apologies once more for this annoying error. 

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Antonio,

Sorry for the error.

The support team should actually be resetting folder permissions for the Premiere Pro folder. You've received rather a blunt force fix for this error, as you now have this folder called "old" that still contains files in use. It works and is fast, but much better is this solution where you repair the folders actually giving you trouble. See this article if you get into trouble again: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/preferences-folder-read-only-error-premiere-pro.html

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me too. Any news on a fix? I'm in the middle of a job and have to keep restarting Premiere every few mins. Needless to say this is not ideal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have this problem you should restart your settings but first save you project by ctrl + s then exit it alt + f4 then open it again then while its loading hold alt button, it will tell you that if you want to restart your preference press yes then it will restart everything like you just downloaded it. Your project is saved, click open project and find it! my explanation or sentencing is bad just hope it helps!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but this doesn't sort the problem out. Also resetting all my preferences just adds to the workload - I have put everything as I want it again... plus when it fails again I have to reset the setting again... and again... and again. This is not the answer really.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mouse disappears in Premiere, was working on captions, help please

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

smae for me when updating CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ugh, sorry that this is STILL a bug. After all these years.

I ran into it first time last night. Suddenly, after working effortlessly in Captions for 2+ hours, while dragging the "out" edge of a caption to the right, cursor disappeared. Verified CMD-TAB, cursor works in every other app. It also gave me a swirling beachball (Mac OSX Mojave, PRPRO v14x.) Saved project, Rebooted Mac, got up at 5am to try to finish this project. Same result, sometimes as little as 40 seconds of working, 90 seconds of saving-re-opening. Updated to 14.9x (afraid to install 15x, since it says all-new Captions, and I HAVE to get this project done in the next couple hours.

Then I did the preferences-folder-read-only (and yes, I was not personally on the read-write list).  Feelin' good!

Briefly. Well, this time I managed to work a good 5 minutes before the cursor disappeared. Aargh!

I guess my best workaround may be to change the "Out" point in the timecode window of the captions, instead of dragging edges in the timeline--but it will sure take longer.  FIX THIS PLEASE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, this bug just started happening to me as well while I was subtitling a video. I think it's because I just started using a custom workspace, but I still haven't found a fix. Crazy how 5 years after the original post with all of these replies this is still somehow an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're almost 7 years later, and I still can't create a custom workspace without producing the disappearing mouse bug in Premiere CC.  What the problem here? Why does it take so long to fix this bug?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BUG: my mouse disappears when using lumetri in premiere pro cc 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The mouse disappears after switching from editing to audio mode. I've tried this a couple times to see if it was a one time thing and it happened again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our news dept just switched over to multiple seats of Premiere Pro. They are regularly experiencing a bug that I have found online evidence that dates back to at least 2016. The visible cursor intermittently disappears. It works elsewhere within Windows 10 however is not visible within Premiere. Only a restart of Premiere restores the cursor. We have not been able to identify a pattern to causes the cursor to react this way. This alone is rated the highest irritant of using Premiere when they were polled for their reaction to Premiere after 2 weeks of use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mouse disappears at random while working on projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will there be a fix for this one day?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. When I'm using my mouse to drag the Color Wheel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not just Lumetri that causes the mouse to disappear. It seems to happen to some people an not to others, I work at a place with 12 editors and half of them are having this issue where the mouse disappears for some reason. The mouse works fine, it's still there under Premiere working like a charm in Finder and every other application. ADOBE, PLEASE FIX THIS!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just happened to me. Working with closed captions and lost the mouse. Can get it back in other applications but as soon as I click back into PP it is gone. Macbook Pro and the most recent PP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mouse cursor disappears while editing markers on an audio clip. Had to set down several times. Tried restarting premier pro. Is fine for a bit, then the same thing happens. Seems like this problem has been there past two years going by the comments thread. Help Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same problem. Have yet to see it in Mac OS, only my Windows 10 machine. Will there ever be a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too my mouse keeps disappearing... im upto date windows 10...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro CC 2019 - all drivers and Windows 10 up to date. My mouse keeps dissapearing while typing/adding (open) captions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue here. Nothing special happened before this bug started taking place. Every single time I switch workspaces, the mouse cursor disappears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this happen for a few years now - Adobe are aware, its all over the forum. No fixes yet!
Reports go back to 2014 from a quick look on the forums

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah same issue, only just downloaded this for the 7 day trial and it's not going great.. happened 3 times in an hour

Votes

Translate

Translate